BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW iPhone 5 Snap-In Adapter is Coming... Next June

12-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #23
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenN View Post
Hi LatinBimmer,

I have just received my cable from the the ebay seller that you recommended. I have tried it in my car via the official apple Lightning to 30pin adapter cable (same as the stubby connector but with some cable between both ends) and it doesnt seem to be recognised by the car. my phone switches repeatedly between charging and not charging and i cannot access any of the music on my iDrive. I then tried my friends iPhone 4s using just the supplied cable and it worked perfectly. Has anyone else managed to get a 'copy' lead to work with a lightning converter? Or is everyone using official BMW leads? Would be really interested to know what works for people, as im fearing that i will have to handover all of my money to BMW for one of their official leads now maybe the chip in the official lead copes with the digital/analogue conversion that is needed to work with an iPhone 5.

Thanks!
Strange my friend. I use the same cable from ebay and official adapter with my iPhone 5 and everything works perfect. Have you tried updating your idrive software via usb?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #24
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinBimmer

Strange my friend. I use the same cable from ebay and official adapter with my iPhone 5 and everything works perfect. Have you tried updating your idrive software via usb?
I will check the version on my iDrive. It should be fairly new tho as its a 62 plate car. What version are u using so I have a reference?

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #25
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenN View Post
I will check the version on my iDrive. It should be fairly new tho as its a 62 plate car. What version are u using so I have a reference?

Thanks!!
Version depends of your VIN. My is: UPD03002 (Latest Version, 5.93 MB)
Update for vehicles with production date from Juli 2011 to present.

I did the update via usb in my F20 and one week ago in my X1 2013. Everything works perfect
Appreciate 0