BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > BMW 114d metallic rattle under acceleration

03-07-2024, 03:53 PM   #1
SebasJ
Registered 1
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

Hi,

A few months ago, I noticed a metallic sound coming from the engine between 1400 and 2100 rpm, which has worsened over time. I had mechanics listen to it and claiming the engine sounded normal because i could reproduce the sound. Thinking that it could the engine lacking air from a clogged intake I cleaned the intake manifold, intake valves, replaced gaskets, cleaned the MAF sensor, and reset MAF, increment wheel, zero quantity, swirl-flap actuator adaptations (my car has 174100 km so it needed the cleaning anyways). While this improved the performance of the engine and temporary silenced the sound for a week, it has since returned.

I suspect it might be related to engine or transmission mounts that vibrates and creates that rattle. Could this be the issue, or should I be concerned about something more serious?

Thank you for any help.

PS: my car is a BMW 114d from 2018 with a B37 engine and 174100 km more or less

I forgot to mention that ista isn’t showing any codes while bimmerlink yes but nothing on DDE.

Here’s a link to a video and an audio recording of the rattle: https://we.tl/t-LDnXdP0KxZ
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 02:30 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Hi.

There are many posts about rattling here. Feel free to search (that's the menu above item) this forum using the keyword rattle.

Usually people complained about turbo heat shield rattle: https://f20.1addicts.com/forums/show...1#post23710421.
Appreciate 0