BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Enhanced Bluetooth retrofit advice

02-23-2016, 04:12 AM   #1
UnluckyProf
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Enhanced Bluetooth retrofit advice

Hi all,

My F20 does not currently have Enhanced Bluetooth, and after having an F30 courtesy car recently which did I'm convinced I need this retrofitting into mine

I'm looking for some advice on my options.

Option 1:
Buying a combox (and new stereo unit to support combox)

Option 2:
Buying a NBT stereo unit.

Option 3:
Buying a NBT evo stereo unit.

I think I'm only really interested in Bluetooth audio streaming and the ability to use an apple cable to connect my device, but if anyone knows of some key features that I should really give thought to please let me know Black Panel? Pro Nav? Voice Control? BMW Live?

First thought was just adding a combox, but as I currently don't have one I'd need to run through all cables from the stereo to the rear of the car. As well as getting a new stereo to support the fibre connection.
That led me to the NBT option; from what I understand the combox is contained within the stereo unit, and as such I wouldn't be required to run the cables through the cabin. Is this correct? So in terms of ease and amount of functionality this is ahead, but I do recognise this would cost more.
Third option is a follow on to option 2; if I plan on getting a new NBT stereo anyway, why not get the biggest and best NBT This would future proof me somewhat, and give me the flexibilty to add whatever addiitonal features I want, knowing that the foundations are already there.

Has anyone had this dilemma and come up with a solution?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 11:26 AM   #2
RiczPT
Rep
Drives: F21 118d

I have the same issue, but don't want to spend the money for none of the options. I'd just go for either the nbt or the evo nbt since they're newer and look prettier. Between both, it's really just a matter of finding a nice deal. Plus, you can always sell your unit for some money back!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
emil111
Second Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW 114d

What is the difference between enchanced bluetooth and normal blueetoth.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #4
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by emil111 View Post
What is the difference between enchanced bluetooth and normal blueetoth.
It's the services set being available via Bluetooth that is meant here: BMW usually offers a choice between none, basic and extended. It's strange only none appears available in Romania. To find out what the thread is about feel free to help yourself with the UK configurator at http://www.bmw.co.uk.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 04:19 PM   #5
1SolidF20
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 118i M Sport

I don't have enhanced Bluetooth but I can do music streaming via BT fine. F20 LCI.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2016, 01:35 PM   #6
Weiman
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 116i M-Sport -14

Music streaming is standard from July 2014 IIRC.
Appreciate 0