BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 M Sports in Berlin

08-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
F20ROO
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 118d M Sport AW

F20 M Sports in Berlin

Been in Berlin for the last 4 days, very sursprised that I have not seen a single F20 M Sport. Seen quite a few basic F20's though. Maybe they aren't that popular in their home country, or maybe Munich would be different. Seen more Porsche and G-Wagons
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
will-w
'Captain Slow'
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 118d M Sport

Garage List
2012 F20 M Sport  [10.00]
I've only seen one on the road in the UK (other than mine).

3000 miles driving around the UK and where do I see one.. In my home town!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
streety82
Rep
Drives: -

I'm English and have been living in a town called Tubingen just south of Stuttgart for the last 2 years.

I have seen about 3 F20's in the whole time I have been here. One was an M Sport.

I am very surprised I have not seen more on the roads over here. I return to England at the end of this month and pick up my M Sport on the 1st September. Cannot wait!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Same here in Oslo. Lots of F20 sportline, but very few M sport. Even though you actually save money on the M sport compared to buying the same options separately.

50% of the reason I ordered the M sport was to get a more traditional BMW front design.
But most F20 buyers are happy with the standard front, despite a lot of negative comments from grumpy old men here on the forum who have never seen the car irl
      08-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

The reason you do see too many M Sports on the road is because-

"WE ARE ALL STILL WAITING FOR OURS TO ARRIVE".

Sorry, moment of frustration there.

One of the reasons is that the M sport takes slightly longer to go through production, and usually is more optioned up, so the output numbers are lower.

The main reason, is price, as you can see by reading many of the comments from new buyers on this forum, saying that their main want was to get into a 1er. Unfortunately BMW is steep on prices for options and this also limits the sales of M Sports.

I am more than happy not to see tooooo many on the road, or is that just being a bit M Sportist.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #6
F20ROO
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 118d M Sport AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
The reason you do see too many M Sports on the road is because-

"WE ARE ALL STILL WAITING FOR OURS TO ARRIVE".

Sorry, moment of frustration there.

One of the reasons is that the M sport takes slightly longer to go through production, and usually is more optioned up, so the output numbers are lower.

The main reason, is price, as you can see by reading many of the comments from new buyers on this forum, saying that their main want was to get into a 1er. Unfortunately BMW is steep on prices for options and this also limits the sales of M Sports.

I am more than happy not to see tooooo many on the road, or is that just being a bit M Sportist.
I agree, rarity is good. A neighbour took delivery of a grey SE a few months back and I must say it does look fantastic. However, a BMW to me must be an M Sport, it stands for so much. I ordered my car 2 weeks ago and have been told end of Sept delivery. I have had to change from the Hex dash trim to maintain this though. My last experience with ordering an A1 showed how dealers do tell porkies to take a deposit and then the car ends up 8 weeks late...fingers crossed then.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 02:40 AM   #7
crisby
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: F20 118d M Sport

Don't say there is no F20 with M sport package in Berlin.. or I'm nobdy?

But my notice is nearly the same!
I know only one more F20 with M sport package.

My own F20 was the first with M sport package I've seen in Germany.
      08-10-2012, 04:58 AM   #8
Matty_T
Rep
Drives: Estoril blue 120d M Sport

My M sport is on order for September and I've been desperately trying to spot one on the road to not much avail.

I was at a wedding in leeds the other day and spotted a black one from a distance. Looked great!
Appreciate 0