BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > WTF is the matter with some poeple at my work?!?!?!

03-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #23
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoGoGoGo View Post
LMAO - wow. Maybe he has Asperger's? Never worked in a restaurant, but I think that's very weird, not to mention bad etiquette.

If you don't want to actually call him on it...next time he asks where you're going, say you're not sure and then just all leave without him. Do this a few times and he'll get the hint....unless he has Asperger's, haha.
Wow, I just googled Asperger's and read all about it. I don't think this kid has it but I think I know some people who may...haha, I'll tell him to order his "ass-a-burger"...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy330xi View Post
That's funny. He is geting the best of both worlds, eating out and eating for free. LOL. I wouldn't walk into a restaurant with my own lunch, that is just plain wrong, he probabbly don't even understand that, and if he can't understand what a simple concept like that is... then he probabbly won't understand other things and that's what you need to think about. This kid can get you in trouble maybe at work and not even realize what he is doing since he has a different perception. just my opinion. I have dealt with people like that and it only gets worse from there. Good luck.
Good point, he is a little socially dis-articulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
Well it depends is this guy doing it because he is cheap???? I mean I am the new guy and I chose to bring my own lunch only because I am on a diet. I still chat and talk sometimes I go but just dont eat. Hmmm maybe its a virginia thing cuz ive seen it a few times here and I am in Mclean
Yes he is being cheap, no doubt about it. It's almost as if he feels better than us because he doesn't spend money on lunch...like he read some article on the homepage of yahoo.com about "10 ways to save money everyday" and he cut out starbucks and going out to lunch, and now he thinks he is going to retire a millionaire at 40 because of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
I could see if he wanted to go every once in a while, even not eat just try and get familiar with all of you. But bring his brown bag lunch with yall? Wow. I wouldn't knock him though if he was just wanting to go along.

Actually reminds me of a friend growing up. No matter where we ate with his family (large family) he brought mcdonalds. One of the pickiest eaters ever.
I wouldn't knock him if he just wanted to tag along, but he insists on bringing his lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I would slip the waitress/waiter a $5 and ask them to tell him that outside food is not permitted. After a few places do that he will probably stop coming or just start buying food.

haha, def. going to have to try this. I was talking with the other guys, we all might order him some expensive dish when he isn't at the table and then he'll freak out when the server brings it...

"tell me what you don't like about yourself..."
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #24
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I want to try this at McDonalds and see if they kick me out lol.
They never kicked me and my friend out. We'd always join our friends at Schlotzkies(how the fuck do you spell that), McDonalds, Chipotle, etc...with out sack lunches 'cause we didn't have money coming out of our ass for that, and we wanted to eat healthy. That was back in highschool.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #25
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
They never kicked me and my friend out. We'd always join our friends at Schlotzkies(how the fuck do you spell that), McDonalds, Chipotle, etc...with out sack lunches 'cause we didn't have money coming out of our ass for that, and we wanted to eat healthy. That was back in highschool.
In DC homeless people go into McDonalds and take naps for like 3-4 hours at a time in the booths and wash themselves in the bathrooms...they don't care at all what goes down in their places here.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #26
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven 328 View Post
OK i saw this thread and showed it to my lady, who is currently a server at 2 places and a full time student.

she says:

bringing in your own food to a restaurant is totally wrong. from a servers point of view thats taking money directly out of their pockets. which in turn will get you guys bad service, or some tampered food.

her advice:
tell him "your more then welcome to come to lunch with us, if you want to buy lunch"

hes the new guy, you gotta check him a little bit

Oh shit...yeah don't want my food getting messed with. He's done.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #27
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep

So today I pulled an Office Space and ghosted like 30 minutes early to sit and B.S. with my boss for a little while in his office. Then slipped out the door and picked up the other guys at the back entrance...lol

Just sat down at my desk like 15 minutes ago and started posting here again...lol Haven't checked in with F.U.N.G.U.S. yet to see what he did.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #28
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Tell your co-worker that there's a minimum charge per person at the restaurant you're going to, and he'd have to pay, even if he brings his lunch.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #29
Derek Zoolander
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M-Sport

Just tell him he's a ra-tard.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #30
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Zoolander View Post
Just tell him he's a ra-tard.
Youre from Nashua huh? I used to live in Manchester. I rode motorcycles with a bunch of guys from Nashua back when I lived there.

Last edited by T-MC-G; 03-09-2010 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #31
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
I guess he's never heard the old saying "you don't bring a sandwich to a buffet"
talk to the original crew. I'm sure they mind it as well and you guys can just have an intervention about it.
I wouldn't personally call him out on it, but I do like the whole 5$ to the waitress to pull the "sorry sir, can't bring food here"
it is fucking rude and low class..

bicycle, what do you expect...
unless he has some kind of disease that doesn't allow him to eat out, then it is a big deal.
I'm currently on a strict diet (my food is made for me by the diet center) and I go out with my friends and eat my lunch/dinner later or before!

I'd personally try to incorporate the "you don't bring a sandwich to a buffet" saying in one of your conversations at lunch and then turn around and be all like "hah.. well, you do I suppose".. everyone will laugh at him..
      03-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #32
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

I'm going against the grain and say you seem a bit stuck up if you can't hang with him just cause he has his own food. While it's certainly unusual, if the guy isn't demanding additional service and he's just sitting there eating his food, let him be. Yeesh. Maybe have the guy pony up $1-2 on the tip (for his water) and call it good. A higher end restaurant, maybe not, but you're going to Chik-Fil-A? lol.

1) Maybe the guy doesn't want to spend $12/day or $230/mo on lunch. He still wants companionship while he eats lunch. It's not his fault you guys have to hit a restaurant every day. Let the guy be.

2) Maybe he's on a diet. The first thing I do when I'm trying to get in shape is stop eating out. I bring my own food and snacks with me wherever I go so I know I'm eating healthy. If my friend wanted to stop at a restaurant and I wasn't hungry, I'd sure as hell sit down with him and maybe snack on a gronola bar while I waited for him.

I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
Well it depends is this guy doing it because he is cheap???? I mean I am the new guy and I chose to bring my own lunch only because I am on a diet. I still chat and talk sometimes I go but just dont eat. Hmmm maybe its a virginia thing cuz ive seen it a few times here and I am in Mclean
It happened somewhat often when I lived in Missouri. Never thought somebody (let alone a number of people, judging from this thread) would literally try to pay off a server to tell their coworker, who's trying to be friends with them, that he's not allowed to eat his own food. I cna understand if y'all are at The Melting Pot or Ruth Chris, but if you're at Chik-Fil-A???? Comeon!!!! Seems a bit pompous on y'alls end to me.

Last edited by Spec 1; 03-09-2010 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #33
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec 1 View Post
I'm going against the grain and saying you seem a bit stuck up if you can't hang with him just cause he has his own food. While it's certainly unusual, if the guy isn't demanding additional service and he's just sitting there eating his food, let him be. Yeesh. Maybe have the guy pony up $1-2 on the tip (for his water) and call it good. A higher end restaurant, maybe not, but you're going to Chik-Fil-A? lol.

1) Maybe the guy doesn't want to spend $12/day or $230/mo on lunch. He still wants companionship while he eats lunch. It's not his fault you guys have to hit a restaurant every day. Let the guy be.

2) Maybe he's on a diet. The first thing I do when I'm trying to get in shape is stop eating out. I bring my own food and snacks with me wherever I go so I know I'm eating healthy. If my friend wanted to stop at a restaurant and I wasn't hungry, I'd sure as hell sit down with him and maybe snack on a gronola bar while I waited for him.

I wouldn't have a problem with it.

It happened somewhat often when I lived in Missouri. Never thought somebody (let alone a number of people, judging from this thread) would literally try to pay off a worker to tell their coworker, who's trying to be friends with them, that he's not allowed to eat his own food. I cna understand if y'all are at The Melting Pot or Ruth Chris, but if you're at Chik-Fil-A???? Comeon!!!!
I said that we go to all sorts of places (usually depends on how much time we have and the work load). Anything from a Chik-Fil-A to something like a Chili's/Ruby Tuesdays/Mackey's it all depends and changes everyday.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #34
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Better nix him. You're never going to bang a waitress with something like that hanging around.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #35
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MC-G View Post
I said that we go to all sorts of places (usually depends on how much time we have and the work load). Anything from a Chik-Fil-A to something like a Chili's/Ruby Tuesdays/Mackey's it all depends and changes everyday.
Meh. Chilis or Ruby Tuesdays I wouldn't exactly call classy joints in the first place. Still wouldn't bother me if someone wanted to eat their own food while my other two buddies and I ate ours.... Y'all are weird.
      03-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #36
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

i think it's rude to infringe on someone overhead cost or server's salary. maybe with 2 people instead of 3, your party could be sat at a smaller table. at least order a beverage. maybe i'm too conscious about it, but i think bringing your own food in is both awkward for the guests and the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
they don't give a flying fuck at mcdonalds. you could walk in with 5 cocaine raged, loud hookers and they wouldn't give a shit.
sounds like a typical tuesday night.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #37
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
i work on UCSD campus and its a bitch going somewhere for lunch. It takes forever to drive from/to campus, and if i leave and come back, the nearest available parking spot would be 2 miles away.

so the guy i work with always brings his own food and when we go to lunch at the food court/student center he eats whatever he brought and i eat whatever i buy. no biggie.

does not bother me.. plus i get to smell a home-cooked meal. lol
      03-09-2010, 02:45 PM   #38
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

can't you just go to the fridge when he is not looking and hide his food from him. that way he can't go with you if he can't find his lunch.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #39
BKV122
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [9.50]
Man I remember one time in High school I brought my lunch and my friends wanted pizza but I didnt have any money so I went across the street to the pizza shop and I ate my brown bagged lunch in the pizza shop...felt like a total ass.

But i feel where your coming from, id figure this new kid would fell the same way i did in at the pizza p[lace that one time...
      03-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #40
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
We have a place called Steak-N-Shake here, and would always go on a Friday or Saturday night after a night of drinking. There was one in particular where everyone went - they got so fed up with the drunk kids that if even one person at your table didn't order anything, EVERYONE had to leave.
      03-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #41
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
We have a place called Steak-N-Shake here, and would always go on a Friday or Saturday night after a night of drinking. There was one in particular where everyone went - they got so fed up with the drunk kids that if even one person at your table didn't order anything, EVERYONE had to leave.
Steak 'N Shake = Win!

I'd just tell him *nicely* that most places frown on his practice and that you don't want him to get in trouble.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #42
Peanuto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Lemans Blue M-sport

Quote:
I'm so glad we don't have them here. I would probably go get drunk every night just for an excuse to justify eating there.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #43
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
i work on UCSD campus and its a bitch going somewhere for lunch. It takes forever to drive from/to campus, and if i leave and come back, the nearest available parking spot would be 2 miles away.

so the guy i work with always brings his own food and when we go to lunch at the food court/student center he eats whatever he brought and i eat whatever i buy. no biggie.

think school is a little different... food courts too

does not bother me.. plus i get to smell a home-cooked meal. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
can't you just go to the fridge when he is not looking and hide his food from him. that way he can't go with you if he can't find his lunch.
doo eet! maybe he'll buy lunch for once.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #44
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

You know how some restaurants add in the tips if there's more than a certain number of people? (usually around 6-8). Pick a restaurant that does that and have him be the last person. That way when the tip comes out tell him he's gotta pay. I mean they still count him regardless if he orders there or not. It's kinda messed up though so perhaps just try talking to him first?

BTW is it weird that when I read your post and came to the age range part, the first thing I thought of was 24-70mm when I read the "24" part??
Appreciate 0