BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Why is Florida the sweaty ballsack of america?

01-11-2017, 11:54 AM   #67
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Yep it seems like there's a lot of weird and low-life people in Florida. The combination of good weather, a low cost of living, and not as many high-paying white collar jobs as other places probably explains it.

Seattle is another place with crazy people. The suburbs are fine, but the city itself is filled with a fair number of loony weirdos. I like the city but can't stand a lot of the people. It's amazing how just 2.5 hrs north you have Vancouver, which is one of the most refined and clean cities where most folks are classy. I can't remember the last time I saw a nutty hipster there and I go at least 4 times per year.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 12:56 PM   #68
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Yep it seems like there's a lot of weird and low-life people in Florida. The combination of good weather, a low cost of living, and not as many high-paying white collar jobs as other places probably explains it.

Seattle is another place with crazy people. The suburbs are fine, but the city itself is filled with a fair number of loony weirdos. I like the city but can't stand a lot of the people. It's amazing how just 2.5 hrs north you have Vancouver, which is one of the most refined and clean cities where most folks are classy. I can't remember the last time I saw a nutty hipster there and I go at least 4 times per year.
How many visits to Florida do you make each year?
      01-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #69
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

from one of my buddies post lol

Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      01-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #70
cruisingdownthestreet
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
Its funny to hear someone from California complaining about "Crazies"
am i the only one living in los angeles who doesn't come in contact with these "crazies"?
      01-11-2017, 01:48 PM   #71
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Sorry.....but pachoili isnt a substitute for regular hygene with water
I think you mean patchouli? Don't tell that to all the Florida strippers, they use it to cover up the smell of shame and disappointment.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #72
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
from one of my buddies post lol

A few corrections:

"Cuba" needs to be "Central/South America". Things in Miami are more "diverse" now.

"Rich people" needs to stop way before Sweetwater.

"Really rich people" live on / closer to the water not in Parkland.

Otherwise not too far off.
      01-11-2017, 02:36 PM   #73
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingdownthestreet View Post
Quote:
Its funny to hear someone from California complaining about "Crazies"
am i the only one living in los angeles who doesn't come in contact with these "crazies"?
Try visiting parts of NorCal. From my recent trip home:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #74
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

I was under the impression that Florida has some kind of open release on all criminal cases so they are more openly available for the public.

I've seen some crazy shit back in Detroit, like a man wearing nothing (NOTHING) but a beater, pushing an empty wheelchair down Jefferson..., don't think it made the news or a news article for that matter.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #75
AIRPOWER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 6MT YMB M3, 1974 Corvette

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [9.67]
To the OP of the thread. It's very easy to site some specific examples to try and substantiate your theory of FL but I would counter that you can do that for any state or even any country in the world.

The fact is this......America is that GREATEST country in the world. I have lived all over (10+ years abroad), a dozen states, and say that from my direct observations.

Each state within this great country have their own advantages and disadvantages and trying to shame one or the other by just highlighting it's deficiencies is rather juvenile and obviously you are just trying to pick a fight.

It's easy in a forum like this to hide behind the anonymity of the internet to make stupid comments, I think one would think twice before they walk up to some couple and say to the man "your girlfriend is ugly".

We are all Americans and all our states are beautiful.

Just my 2 cents on this idiotic thread.

Appreciate 3
      01-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #76
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I actually really like Florida especially in the winter, even in the Miami area i think people are nice in general. Most Cubans tend to be conservative too.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 07:58 PM   #77
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRPOWER View Post
To the OP of the thread. It's very easy to site some specific examples to try and substantiate your theory of FL but I would counter that you can do that for any state or even any country in the world.

The fact is this......America is that GREATEST country in the world. I have lived all over (10+ years abroad), a dozen states, and say that from my direct observations.

Each state within this great country have their own advantages and disadvantages and trying to shame one or the other by just highlighting it's deficiencies is rather juvenile and obviously you are just trying to pick a fight.

It's easy in a forum like this to hide behind the anonymity of the internet to make stupid comments, I think one would think twice before they walk up to some couple and say to the man "your girlfriend is ugly".

We are all Americans and all our states are beautiful.

Just my 2 cents on this idiotic thread.
Let me be clear, this thread was made purely as satire in response to some really ignorant statements in another similar thread. To demonize a large group of people them based on the actions of few, or because they might have a slightly different ideology is discriminatory, idiotic, and childish. Bigots use hate because hate is easier than being open and understanding. Hating someone else is easier than looking in the mirror. These people are ugly, self-centered, shallow, and worst of all angry. They see human rights as a limited resource where if other people different from them are given rights then surely they must be taking their own rights away. They are slaves to envy and fear and they justify their actions through entitlement. The term known throughout the world is named after these people: The "Ugly Americans".

Let's also be clear. I said that there are some crazy people in Florida. I didn't say people in Florida are crazy.

Now... off to start a thread on Texas, those crazy bastards!
Appreciate 1
AIRPOWER1682.50
      01-11-2017, 08:06 PM   #78
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
so...your place for research is internet blogs and the simpsons, seems legit
The satire on the Simpsons is legit.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 08:19 PM   #79
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
NYC attracts the most annoying people. You can't walk 10 feet in Manhattan without being harassed by solicitors, bumped into by a cell phone texting warrior, ran over by a cab or commercial vehicle.. Then jump on the subway and you have people with no regard for personal space, touching and breathing on you. Then, anything worth eating or buying sells out immediately or has a 3 hour line filled with jobless hipsters forcing you to eat some shit like Chipoltle. I wish i lived in Fla. NYC is absolutely shot during the day. After working 8 years there i could literally never set foot in that city again and be completely content knowing i never have to return there.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #80
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
NYC attracts the most annoying people. You can't walk 10 feet in Manhattan without being harassed by solicitors, bumped into by a cell phone texting warrior, ran over by a cab or commercial vehicle.. Then jump on the subway and you have people with no regard for personal space, touching and breathing on you. Then, anything worth eating or buying sells out immediately or has a 3 hour line filled with jobless hipsters forcing you to eat some shit like Chipoltle. I wish i lived in Fla. NYC is absolutely shot during the day. After working 8 years there i could literally never set foot in that city again and be completely content knowing i never have to return there.

Man I HATE Shitpotle. How can anyone call this Mexican food?

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #81
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
It's because all the crazy liberal Californians move to Florida.
Actually its the new yorkers.
Appreciate 2
Mr Tonka6058.00
      01-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #82
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post

Man I HATE Shitpotle. How can anyone call this Mexican food?
Ever eaten TB?? How can u even call that food? I can't remember ever being THAT buzzed
      01-11-2017, 09:08 PM   #83
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Ever eaten TB?? How can u even call that food? I can't remember ever being THAT buzzed
Hell yeah Taco Bell is awesome. It knows exactly what it is.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2017, 10:59 PM   #84
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Actually its the new yorkers.
^THIS

It's super rare that I ever run into any "true" Floridians. Whenever I go out I'm usually surrounded by new yorkers without fail. It usually starts with the bartender asking one person where they are from, to which they respond New York! Then everyone else at the bar including the bartender will be like omg no way me too and proceed to talk about new yorker shit very loudly.

Meanwhile I sit in the corner quietly on my laptop ratting them out on OT.

Meanwhile the streets are packed full of New York and Canada license plates although I don't usually run into the Canadians when out and about, only the new yorkers. Or maybe the Canadians just blend in better.
Appreciate 2
      01-12-2017, 05:59 AM   #85
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

East coast is New York. West coast is the midwest. Northern part is red necks. Pan handle is south central states, miami is little Havana. I'm in Orlando which is the middle point of it all and now largest Puerto Rican population outside PR.

The good food here is Fish, steak, sushi. The bad is italian. There are exceptions like me, a conservative republican who isn't religious from NYC area lol.

If you're in an area you don't like, then you need to go to the right area. There's areas for everyone. And areas you'd hate. I'm good with whatever as being from Jersey in the country but just outside NYC I can pretty much blend in with whatever.

The good side, weather, no state income taxes, guns, no car inspections, fireworks, etc. Bad side, horrible pizza, endless summer, algae blooms, clueless tourists.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 01-12-2017 at 06:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
AIRPOWER1682.50
      01-12-2017, 08:27 AM   #86
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Or maybe the Canadians just blend in better.
You've uncovered Part 1 of our top secret strategy. That is to blend in and integrate seamlessly in a bunch of states in little sleeper cell groups in case Trump decides to build a little wall. If he does, Part 2 of the strategy gets implemented.

Part 2 is guerilla warfare. In the form of openly littering. And not saying please. If we need to, we'll really step it up and not hold the door open for everyone. And we won't be sorry about this. But secretly we will be.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2017, 10:51 AM   #87
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I'm putting in a hearty recommend for Tim Dorsey's book series. For anyone who needs to understand Florida, and because they are the best things since Hunter S. Thompson. You will learn things about Florida history, and explanations for the locals - should be required reading in every high school.

http://timdorsey.com/home.html
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #88
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Lot of hate here for a state that is considered to be one of the most lax on laws, no state income tax, great weather, great roads, incredible freedoms, low cost of living and education...

Good luck to the rest of ya... you will end up here eventually.

PS- I can drive 90 mph on the wide open hwy every day... talk about a state for car enthusiasts.
Ugh. No. Cali is the state for people who like to go fast. Down here, FHP will be all over you if you dare do 90 mph. In Cali, the CHP does not even take notice until you hit 3 digit speeds.