BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > !!! 2016 Nfl Season Thread !!!

01-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #2223
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Just read an article, pete caroll has no plans to change o line. Thats nice.....

They better fucking fire bevel.
I'm going to be veryyyyy upset if come September I see any other familiar faces other than Justin Britt
      01-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #2224
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Meh, another disappointing year for Dallas. Played exactly the wrong team and took 2 quarters to remember there was a game. Defense was OK in the second half, awful in 1st 20 minutes and it cost them the game.

Everyone is going to point to that last play, but they lost this game when they were down 21-3...just too big of a hole to dig out even though Cowboys outplayed the Packers by a wide margin the rest of the day.

Cowboys wouldn't have beaten Atlanta anyway because Atlanta is a better offense with a better defense than GB. Sure, Rodgers is "hot" but he's always been good and Ryan would carve up a defense with no pass rush too.

Cowboys can't complain about offense much. Other than a slightly slow start, they scored 31 points. Dak, Elliott, and Dez had big games.

Need a pass rusher and another LB. The corners are actually decent, but can't cover FOREVER bc of no pressure with a 4 man front. Pathetic showing from the DL.
I think all in all it was a good year for them, especially considering that Romo got hurt again. They found their QB of the future, have a great run game, and an overall excellent offense yet again that will continue to be good for some time. The defense needs some work though. I've never felt Garrett was a great coach and it showed last night. He's not bad, but he's not a McCarty, Carroll, Tomlin, John Harbaugh, etc. type guy who is gonna elevate the franchise to the next level.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 05:44 PM   #2225
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
So when was the last time James Harrison been tested for PED's? His career has had a sudden turn around, the guy isn't exactly young for his position.

you know, i was honestly thinking the same dam fucking thing last night. especially after they said he spends over 350k a year on his body... i'm sure that raised some eyebrows..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 10:26 PM   #2226
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
So when was the last time James Harrison been tested for PED's? His career has had a sudden turn around, the guy isn't exactly young for his position.

you know, i was honestly thinking the same dam fucking thing last night. especially after they said he spends over 350k a year on his body... i'm sure that raised some eyebrows..
Sources??

I'm thinking that's some media bullshit...350K is laughable, even if you're on a year-long cycle and completing various forms of therapy...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 02:07 AM   #2227
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
osweiler is going to lead the Texans to huge upset. Nobody expected him to play this well in the playoffs based on his regular season performance. Well that was all part of the secret plan. There won't be enough for the Texans in the next round as they will be destroyed by Pittsburgh.

Then it's just a question of whether Pittsburgh plays Seattle or Green Bay in the super bowl.
lol, you must have only saw the Texans won, and not watched the game or looked at any stats or anything.

Sure Osweiler was the better QB playing in that game, but thats not saying much...
Brady is one of the best quarterbacks ever. I was hoping osweiler would somehow win. Kind of like when I'm playing roulette in Vegas and bet everything on red. Sure, Pittsburgh might Kick 10 field goals this Sunday but it won't overcome Tom Brady.

[IMG]http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/56/42/06.../3/696x696.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2017, 09:00 AM   #2228
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
I believe Harrison is one of the most drug tested athletes in the NFL. They cant figure out how he can do what he does at 38 as well. 8 times this season so far.

The guy is an animal, plain and simple. He had a video posted of him working out after the flight Sunday night @4AM. Went straight from the airport to the gym.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 09:01 AM   #2229
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

They can get approval for stimulants. That would help that aspect
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #2230
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d M-Sport

"As you know I’m not on SnapFace and all that, so I don’t really get those. I’m really just worried about getting our team ready to go. I’m not really too worried about what they put on InstantChat, or whatever it is." - The Great Bill Belichick

http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-...stachat-2017-1

Hard to tell if he is trolling, or legitimately has no idea what these platforms are called. I like to think the former, as it adds to his genius. But most likely just a cranky old guy that's very behind the times

2016 535d M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha
Past: '14 328, '08 335, '04 525, '91 M5, '95 525
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #2231
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

he knows.. he's just trolling
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #2232
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I think all in all it was a good year for them, especially considering that Romo got hurt again. They found their QB of the future, have a great run game, and an overall excellent offense yet again that will continue to be good for some time. The defense needs some work though. I've never felt Garrett was a great coach and it showed last night. He's not bad, but he's not a McCarty, Carroll, Tomlin, John Harbaugh, etc. type guy who is gonna elevate the franchise to the next level.
I think Carroll is overall an idiot who got lucky with a generational talent typed defense the one year. He refuses to help the OL and Seattle got majorly exposed. He refused to run the ball in the SB that almost guaranteed a victory and single handidly lost them that SB.

Garrett doesn't wow me, but he's worked on building the OL and only the last couple years have they reigned in Jerry on the draft. His next step will be defense. I'm interested to see how Garrett can build the defense now that the offense is pretty much young and settled. Given the circumstances in Dallas, I think Garrett has done a good job. He's the first guy since Parcells that has drafted well.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 12:07 PM   #2233
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Wait... I thought all the Cowboys haters say you cant reference the past, yet here you are talking about past SB wins...

RG3 played 15, Dak played 15 and a series. YPG was higher for Dak anyway, so thats a moot point. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamel...4875/year/2012 http://www.nfl.com/player/dakprescott/2555260/gamelogs

As for who carried that team, I would point more towards their rookie HB rushing for 1600+ yards as something that had a pretty big impact on that team. Or is that another one of those one way arguments you people like to use?

RG3s season proved he was a great athlete, but it also showed he was a poor QB. Daks season proved he was a good QB, and his mechanics are leaps and bounds ahead of RG3s.

But go ahead and keep living in the past with those 2 SB wins...
Exactly.

What is ironic here... I don't see any of us Cowboys fans "crying" as the haters would have you believe. Sure we and damn near every analyst expected us to win. Which we damn near did. And yet, now Dallas is full of fail because they lost by a field goal with a couple seconds left on the clock of a very exciting if not THE best Playoff game thus far? Fukouttahere LMAO! That is exactly why it is difficult to discuss sports with some folks. They can't discern "Sports Talk from Hatred.
Staten you are obviously very salty because your team got BLOWN OUT by GB. At least we made the shit as competitive as ANY fan of the game could possibly hope for. Same with Hawks fans. I mean, your team was a complete embarrassment as well.
Sure our non SB appearance stings. But it's pretty damn obvious that Dallas will be "in Play" for another Playoff and SB appearance for some time to come. Not just squeaking in hoping for the chips to fall in place.

Now then... On to the Divisional Championship: GB definitely has played their asses off with 8 straight wins. Going into Atlanta, I can't see that continuing. I hope for another GREAT game like we just witnessed in Dallas...
Pats won't be stopped by Steelers.
      01-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #2234
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Meh, another disappointing year for Dallas. Played exactly the wrong team and took 2 quarters to remember there was a game. Defense was OK in the second half, awful in 1st 20 minutes and it cost them the game.

Everyone is going to point to that last play, but they lost this game when they were down 21-3...just too big of a hole to dig out even though Cowboys outplayed the Packers by a wide margin the rest of the day.

Cowboys wouldn't have beaten Atlanta anyway because Atlanta is a better offense with a better defense than GB. Sure, Rodgers is "hot" but he's always been good and Ryan would carve up a defense with no pass rush too.

Cowboys can't complain about offense much. Other than a slightly slow start, they scored 31 points. Dak, Elliott, and Dez had big games.

Need a pass rusher and another LB. The corners are actually decent, but can't cover FOREVER bc of no pressure with a 4 man front. Pathetic showing from the DL.
I don't agree with most of your sentiments. Dak did exactly that: He dug us out of a 18pt hole! To say Atl would beat Dallas for certain is a simple opinion. But... This last comment is absolute truth and it WILL be addressed in the off season.
When you have a young, capable team that is poised for another great run, free agent Veterans want to come and be a part of that!
Dallas has great bargaining chips for either Draft picks or good Veterans: Romo, Morris and McFadden. I also wouldn't rule out Butler and or Williams (receivers) as bargaining chips.
I have been to a couple of practices up at the new facility in Frisco and have kept a close eye on Jaylon Smith. I can say this... Initially when Dallas drafted him that high, last year after his injury was announced, I was like, WITF?!?!? But knowing that Dallas' own Doctor handled his surgery and seeing him practicing today, and remembering what he did at Notre Dame... Mark my words: He and Sean Lee will be the most potent Linebacker duo in the league next year! So that leaves 2 pieces to fill: Defensive End and Corner. Dallas will be a force and enter as NFC favs next season.
      01-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #2235
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
I don't agree with most of your sentiments. Dak did exactly that: He dug us out of a 18pt hole! To say Atl would beat Dallas for certain is a simple opinion. But... This last comment is absolute truth and it WILL be addressed in the off season.
When you have a young, capable team that is poised for another great run, free agent Veterans want to come and be a part of that!
Dallas has great bargaining chips for either Draft picks or good Veterans: Romo, Morris and McFadden. I also wouldn't rule out Butler and or Williams (receivers) as bargaining chips.
I have been to a couple of practices up at the new facility in Frisco and have kept a close eye on Jaylon Smith. I can say this... Initially when Dallas drafted him that high, last year after his injury was announced, I was like, WITF?!?!? But knowing that Dallas' own Doctor handled his surgery and seeing him practicing today, and remembering what he did at Notre Dame... Mark my words: He and Sean Lee will be the most potent Linebacker duo in the league next year! So that leaves 2 pieces to fill: Defensive End and Corner. Dallas will be a force and enter as NFC favs next season.
Dak starts off slow. He's a rookie, but needs to get that corrected. Defense and penalties did him no favors, but 3 points is tough through 3-4 possessions against THAT team.

Every year is different unless you're the Patriots in an awful division. The NFC East has 4 decent teams and I think you need to take advantage of a #1 seed overall. Those don't come around too often (see last one in 2007 that we wasted too).

I also think Jaylon will be an unbelievable player and it was a good pick, but we need more in the draft. Pass rushers don't develop as rookies either.

McFadden is worth a 7th Rounder, if that. Williams maybe a 5th, but I think you need to keep him, as frustrating as he is.

Romo is probably worth a 2nd, but not sure what they are doing with his contract. Football trades are very rare.

You're penciling them in as the NFC favorite next year. Remember, Carolina was EASILY the NFC favorite this year and didn't even make the playoffs. 6 new teams (on average) make the playoffs every year...meaning 6 that made it won't make it the following year. Sucks, but it's reality.

One and done sucks even if you found your QB of the future. Needed to take advantage of this and didn't.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #2236
lakefront
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

THIS ^^^^ The hardest part isn't getting to the top, it's staying on top. The NFL has built the system to make that extremely hard to do. Takes a top GM and manager of salary cap. You finish a season on top, your reward is first place schedule, late draft picks, everybody wants to get paid, lot of motivation is gone in some cases, etc. And thats not even accounting for injuries. Dallas has its best 2 players on rookie contracts, better take advantage of that. When those contracts are up, look out. See Seattle for perfect example. Wilson on a 3rd round rookie contract, then they got to pay him in line with other top QBs. There goes the salary cap....
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #2237
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
THIS ^^^^ The hardest part isn't getting to the top, it's staying on top. The NFL has built the system to make that extremely hard to do. Takes a top GM and manager of salary cap. You finish a season on top, your reward is first place schedule, late draft picks, everybody wants to get paid, lot of motivation is gone in some cases, etc. And thats not even accounting for injuries. Dallas has its best 2 players on rookie contracts, better take advantage of that. When those contracts are up, look out. See Seattle for perfect example. Wilson on a 3rd round rookie contract, then they got to pay him in line with other top QBs. There goes the salary cap....
Better example are the ravens and joe flacco.

At least Seattle has made it to the divisional round every year with RW at QB, both on rookie contract/paid max.

Only team with a better post season resume are the Pats
      01-17-2017, 03:17 PM   #2238
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Yeah, but isn't this first year of Wilson's big contract? It won't get any easier from here. And Flacco just got flat out overpaid....
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 03:23 PM   #2239
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Rw gots some baby weight too
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #2240
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Dak starts off slow. He's a rookie, but needs to get that corrected. Defense and penalties did him no favors, but 3 points is tough through 3-4 possessions against THAT team.
To his defense, there were some bonehead penalties in that first quarter. Penalties of the 15 yard variety, they just instantly kill drives. I mean what was that unsportsmanlike penalty for going in the huddle then leaving field. All those penalties are on the coach, you have to have the team prepared in all phases.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 04:32 PM   #2241
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah, but isn't this first year of Wilson's big contract? It won't get any easier from here. And Flacco just got flat out overpaid....
Nope. Second year of his 4 year contract. 2017 will be his 3rd year .

So they've managed well given the circumstances
      01-17-2017, 04:40 PM   #2242
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

And the "circumstances" are exactly what I'm referring to. Schneider is a damn good GM. Are Jerry and his kid gonna measure up?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #2243
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

And the "circumstances" are exactly what I'm referring to. Schneider is a damn good GM. Are Jerry and his kid gonna measure up?
Oh absolutely not (not to John Schneiders level anyways)

Luckily for cowboy fans, Steven jones is stepping up more, otherwise Jerry will continue to run his organization like a business circus.

Schneider definitely has a gift in spotting under rated talent
      01-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #2244
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Exactly.

What is ironic here... I don't see any of us Cowboys fans "crying" as the haters would have you believe. Sure we and damn near every analyst expected us to win. Which we damn near did. And yet, now Dallas is full of fail because they lost by a field goal with a couple seconds left on the clock of a very exciting if not THE best Playoff game thus far? Fukouttahere LMAO!
Just be flattered that the entire country talks about your team win or lose.
Appreciate 0