BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > F20 Side Mirror Caps

02-27-2015, 05:07 AM   #1
yalim7
[HOONIGAN]
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F20 118i-E93 335i

F20 Side Mirror Caps

Hi guys, i wanted to purchase black mirror covers for my F20 but i think the prices are ridiculuos so i decided to paint them myself. Do you know how to remove the covers? Is it easy and can i do it or should i take the car to a shop? Waiting for your instructions guys thank you
      02-27-2015, 06:30 AM   #2
Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

Some say you can just pull them off, if you can't then you need to remove the glass and push the tabs in, but be very careful as the glass is very expensive
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 11:10 AM   #3
yalim7
[HOONIGAN]
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1077 View Post
Some say you can just pull them off, if you can't then you need to remove the glass and push the tabs in, but be very careful as the glass is very expensive
If mirror removal is necessary, i won't do it myself. I will do more research then thank you!
      02-28-2015, 07:00 AM   #4
Hummy
Rep
Drives: BMW M135I

A friend of mine backed into my mirror with his elbow, it popped right off !
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #5
Andoni.F20
Rep
Drives: AW 118i F20

you have to remove the mirror (glass), it's very easy, you just need to put your mirror with the control inside the 20 all the way down and then all the way to the right if you are doing the driver side mirror, all the way to the left if passenger side, so in this way you can indroduce a spatula, a screwdriver or something alike, in the gap between the glass and the mirror, and apply a little force, and the mirror will pop-off with no problem, if you wanna make ssure that the mirror wont fall, you can use a towel to cover the mirror and put your body against the mirror, anyway there should be a wire (i think its for the defroster, even if its no equipped with), that hold the glass to the car

once yo have taken the glass out you would see 3 tabs (if i don't recall bad) normally of the color of the mirror cover (car), in my case alpine white, and you push them and the job is done, you dont have to unscrew anything

i hope i've explained myself clear, since English is not my main language, so sorry if there's any grammatical error
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 04:06 AM   #6
yalim7
[HOONIGAN]
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andoni.F20 View Post
you have to remove the mirror (glass), it's very easy, you just need to put your mirror with the control inside the 20 all the way down and then all the way to the right if you are doing the driver side mirror, all the way to the left if passenger side, so in this way you can indroduce a spatula, a screwdriver or something alike, in the gap between the glass and the mirror, and apply a little force, and the mirror will pop-off with no problem, if you wanna make ssure that the mirror wont fall, you can use a towel to cover the mirror and put your body against the mirror, anyway there should be a wire (i think its for the defroster, even if its no equipped with), that hold the glass to the car

once yo have taken the glass out you would see 3 tabs (if i don't recall bad) normally of the color of the mirror cover (car), in my case alpine white, and you push them and the job is done, you dont have to unscrew anything

i hope i've explained myself clear, since English is not my main language, so sorry if there's any grammatical error
I think that will help, thank you very much bro!
      03-01-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
bbenny
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

I just did my covers last week on my M135i I dont know if they are different, but all you have to do is pull the cover off - towards the front of the car. It took maybe 60seconds to install both. its very easy.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #8
bbenny
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

This ebay mirror cover has how to pics to explain what I am saying...
It literally takes seconds to just pull off.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181360246...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 09:02 AM   #9
yalim7
[HOONIGAN]
Turkey
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenny View Post
I just did my covers last week on my M135i I dont know if they are different, but all you have to do is pull the cover off - towards the front of the car. It took maybe 60seconds to install both. its very easy.
Ok bro, i will try it today let's see how it works, thank you!