BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Which one would be better ?

02-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
selçukdal
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 Maserati GT MC Huracan

Which one would be better ?

Hi guys, i want to install intercooler on my 116i, im thinking on 125i oem intercooler or m135i oem one, so which one do you suggesting to me ? or any other suggestion ? The price is also important for me and 125, m135 intercooler is about 400 usd in here but wagner is more expensive than those two and i dont want to pay that much. Im waitng your valuable comments
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 05:51 AM   #2
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Are you doing it to improve the combustion (allows more fuel to be burned) and/or increase the reliability because it can provide a more consistent temperature of intake air to the engine allowing the air fuel ratio of the engine to remain at a safer level under prolonged duty.

This is primarily dependent upon the turbo and air intake size. It will depend on whether you are increasing the engine output, size of the current turbo and boost.

It is the flow rates and temperature gains that are the measured difference here.

If you are not increasing these, the 135 intercooler probably won't make any significant difference over the 125 for the flow rates and temperature gain of your engine.

Generally, the larger the turbo (generally greater heat and pressure flows) the larger the intercooler. There are some calculation formula on the internet that you can use to determine the actual size you need.
Appreciate 0