BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) In Person Look at BMW X2 in BMW Museum

11-15-2017, 05:19 AM   #45
bimmerdreng
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserdude View Post
Looks nice! Have always liked the niche this vehicle fills
It looks nice

But why a hood line, X1 does not have one?
No LED turnsignal front/back, even brakelight is bulps!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 05:35 AM   #46
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I like it. I need to see it in person myself before I make a complete judgment, but I think it has a fun look to it. I feel like they will sell a lot of these

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 06:59 AM   #47
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Ok, well, that's a sure-fire way to be misunderstood and confuse the heck out of your audience. It's like calling the M240i an M2 or the M550i an M5. Soon there will also be both an X3 M40i and X3 M, X4 M40i and X4 M, X5 M50i and X5 M, M340i and M3, M440i and M4.

You even confused yourself because you said of the vehicle you called the X2 M vs. the GLA45 - "I'd forecast the cars will be pretty comparable.". That's only true if you also think, for example, an X3 M40i and GLC63 are "pretty comparable". However, I am pretty sure you know they are not.
And you reckon HE was confusing people!!!

BMW are introducing way too many new nomenclatures for their increasing model ranges and it's bound to confuse people! Apparently the 340i will become M340i with the G20, which I'm sure is just an excuse for them to charge more!! Talk about watering down the 'M' badge!!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #48
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Bleh I'll crawl away now having admitted to getting a few things wrong in a single post.
Hopefully I didn't sound harsh. Just wanted to offer clarity. I'm glad you were able to take away some new knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
And you reckon HE was confusing people!!!

BMW are introducing way too many new nomenclatures for their increasing model ranges and it's bound to confuse people!
No doubt the waters are muddied by the proliferation of the M Performance lineup of vehicles. That said, I like BMW's system better than their other German competitors. It's easy to follow once you get it.

Quote:
Apparently the 340i will become M340i with the G20, which I'm sure is just an excuse for them to charge more!! Talk about watering down the 'M' badge!!
Rather than specifically being an excuse to charge more, its an effort to keep up with with the competition. A side affect of that may very well be higher transaction prices though, sure. In any case, its really the market that has spoken - the majority of people who pay for the higher performance engine and chassis want significant differentiation from the base model. The badge, whether we like it or not, placates that crowd. That's the nature of the beast with the luxury car market.
Appreciate 1
nozydog465.00
      11-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #49
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Has no one driven a GLA45? What a turd. Nearly no suspension travel, the transmission is comically bad and the motor is a mess unless it's floored. They also rattle like a ten year old convertible and have cheaper plastics than even a Mini derived BMW.

In no way am I saying that if an X2 M existed it would be any less stupid, but let's not pretend like the Mercedes is awesome and has revolutionized the awd soccer mom community.
lmao, agree with this ^
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #50
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh600cbr View Post
We know nothing about the x2 m and whether it'll play against a gla45
We know the one and only thing that matters: there will be no X2 M. The lineup will be topped off late next year by the X2 M35i with the new ~300hp B48.

For the second generation GLA, Mercedes is planning to add a new AMG-lite model below the GLA45 which will compete directly with BMW's X2 M35i. Audi is expected to add a ~300hp S Q3 for the next generation of their small SUV as well. They will also have a second generation RS Q3, and both it and the GLA45 will output 400hp+ and handily outperform their siblings sitting below. BMW will unfortunately be left out of that party.
Has the X2 M35i been confirmed by BMW yet?

While I like the idea, I'm very skeptical this will eventuate, especially in that time frame.

My reasoning? If that power train does exist, I would expect to see it first in a MINI format (John Cooper Works RS ?). Or in the new G series 1 format. It makes no sense for BMW to attempt to take on either MB or Audi, who have mature offerings in this segment.

Edit: I posted this and then found this thread

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=901686

so I guess X2 M35i is confirmed.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #51
Fear-Mongrel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT LBB

Reaction here on this particular thread mirrors what I saw on the Jalopnik post - everyone there thought it signaled the end of mankind, cats and dogs lying together, basically the worst parts of the Bible.

I'll be the lone voice of dissent - I dig it. And I dig the Galvanic Gold. And the Misano Blue. Maybe if the whole world hates it, and I'm the only one who shows up to any dealer, I'll get a good deal?
Appreciate 0