BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > THEY'VE DONE IT - Tuning F Series with NO DME Unlock Required!

12-07-2017, 12:06 AM   #1
Boosted Autos
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

THEY'VE DONE IT - Tuning F Series with NO DME Unlock Required!

Hi all,

With the recent news the they've found a way to tune the F Series ECUs via OBD-II with no DME Unlock required, I thought it would be a great opportunity to made a video explaining all the various different approaches to increasing engine performance via Piggyback systems like JB4, and Custom Flash methods.

Think of this an all emcompassing guide to everything you should know before you choose how you'd like to go about tuning your car.

Details are scarce regarding this new flashing method, but what we know is it's done via OBD-II, and it doesn't require the ECU/DME to be removed front he car to be unlocked like previous methods required.

My guess is it will be a while before we see tuning suites developed for this new method, but this is BIG EXCITING NEWS for us all!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
joeylwd
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M135I BMW 340i LCI

nice video!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 02:38 AM   #3
Dirkva
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1er

Cool, so any idea when this is production ready !?
Appreciate 0