BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Americans that left for the EU/other countries?

11-26-2016, 05:46 AM   #45
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
NO I DONT. Please- TELL ME HOW ASININE IT IS OF ME BECAUSE I GIVE SUCH A SHIT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK?!

You need a geography lesson. Rosarito is practically San Diego, dummy. I earn dollars so its more cost effective.
First off, WHY ARE YOU TYPING LIKE THIS? Is your caps lock broken?

Second, and more importantly, you stated you are moving to Mexico before Trump takes office, because you want to see what changes 2017 hold from afar. Nothing about that says to me "the cost of living is cheaper". It says "I'm butt hurt that Trump was elected and I'm going to run away because of it". You said it, not me. I was just pointing out that as a grown ass man you should be able to live wherever you please and not let one person out of 7 billion in this world effect your life. He's one man, how does him winning the election have any bearing on your life? Want to know a secret?

It doesn't. But if you insist on fleeing the country, bye, Felicia. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2016, 05:50 AM   #46
Unikarl
Rep
Drives: F10 520d m sport. Alpine white

Given the chance I'd be leaving the EU (UK) to come to America. I hate it here.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 06:26 AM   #47
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post

Second, and more importantly, you stated you are moving to Mexico before Trump takes office, because you want to see what changes 2017 hold from afar. Nothing about that says to me "the cost of living is cheaper". It says "I'm butt hurt that Trump was elected and I'm going to run away because of it". You said it, not me. I was just pointing out that as a grown ass man you should be able to live wherever you please and not let one person out of 7 billion in this world effect your life. He's one man, how does him winning the election have any bearing on your life? Want to know a secret?

It doesn't. But if you insist on fleeing the country, bye, Felicia. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Yeah, he's a flake. If he's a producer in California driving an I8, how is his life going to change under Trump? Hmmm. Less likely to get blown away by a jihadist in a "workplace violence" incident, lower taxes, higher income, better healthcare, harder to get drugs, not much else. Please attempt to take as many liberal DB friends with you as you can. Matt Damon, Beyonce, etc. Enjoy playing survivor with the Mexican drug cartels armed by obama.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 07:31 AM   #48
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

As a native EU (Dutch) I must warn all the over optimistic Americans or other people all over the world that the EU is haven on earth, because it is not.

The EU is not that great in the way it is functioning, yes it holds over 500 million people, but also 27 member states, with very different cultural backgrounds, there are immense financial problems between the northern EU member states and the southern EU member states. The banking system is breaking as we speak.

Problems with immigrants from Syria, from places all over Africa, very weak economics, NO and I repeat NO way the EU is capable of defending itself, the military force is a outrageous shame. The EU (most member states are also NATO members) is entirely depending on US military capability.
IMHO, the EU is an infant, not grown up, and that more than 70 years after the hard lesson WWII has thought us, it is painful to me, a shame also the EU has never learned anything so ever about that lesson.

We are lame and sitting duck overhere, in the States you have the 1st amendment, the right to carry a gun, and defend yourself and your loved ones, If you do that in the EU you will go to jail, if you wil defend yourself with too much force, you will do jail time. DO NOT FORGET THAT !!

You think Obama is a lefty? Come to the EU, and learn wat is real left political, I tell you, you`ll take the very next flight back home.

IMHO the EU is going down the drain, so think about it, and take my advice, you're welcome to the EU, but be advised.
Appreciate 5
Dang3r12512.00
jpnh1423.50
Violator4587.50
MKSixer34183.50
      11-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #49
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I've been to Sweden, Norway, Denmark, blah blah blah. What a myth--does any American truly believe it's "cool" to live there? c'mon now. I had to spend 3 mos. there. The one plus is to have many blonde people who didn't dye their hair.
Having spent some time in Sweden and knowing just how bad things are and how much worse they are going to get I would most likely remove it from the "Short List" of countries under consideration

Switzerland is the only country in western europe that would be on my short list......Finland is a far far distant second......I probably would give the czec republic or hungary a good look though before Finland

I'd much prefer to stay right here in the US and defeat progressivism once and for all and send them down the same path the Whig's went so long ago
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 12:50 PM   #50
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Quote:

Yeah, he's a flake. If he's a producer in California driving an I8, how is his life going to change under Trump? Hmmm. Less likely to get blown away by a jihadist in a "workplace violence" incident, lower taxes, higher income, better healthcare, harder to get drugs, not much else. Please attempt to take as many liberal DB friends with you as you can. Matt Damon, Beyonce, etc. Enjoy playing survivor with the Mexican drug cartels armed by obama.
Beyoncé can DEFINITELY come with me hubbahubba
      11-26-2016, 01:00 PM   #51
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
NO I DONT. Please- TELL ME HOW ASININE IT IS OF ME BECAUSE I GIVE SUCH A SHIT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK?!

You need a geography lesson. Rosarito is practically San Diego, dummy. I earn dollars so its more cost effective.

Clearly, you lack a fluency in sarcasm.

Here's what I think about you and your opinion.

I only have a couple cars and a dog to move TWO HOURS south to a beautiful beach front community. God...life is so tough.

To end this conversation with you because I quite frankly don't care about what you have to say- is it asinine? I don't think so. Slightly pretentious? I'll give you that- but you know how we liberals can be ;$
      11-27-2016, 09:51 AM   #52
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

We here in Germany were much more pleased to take Trump refugees from the US than those hords of immigrants from 3rd, 4th and other worlds

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2016, 01:40 PM   #53
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
To end this conversation with you because I quite frankly don't care about what you have to say
So much so that you came back later and edited your post to include that last part about not caring about what I have to say? GTFO troll
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2016, 05:54 AM   #54
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
1) Where?

Bahrain

2) How long have you been there for?

6 months

3) What do you do for work?

US Government

4)Did you eventually learn the language or do you continue to just use your English?

Everyone speaks English.

5) Why did you leave?

I haven't left.

So far I'm enjoying it. There are plenty of government jobs, because most people haven't heard of Bahrain and are turned off because it's in the Middle East. If you're interested in a government job, Bahrain has significant opportunity to move upward quickly, due to the vacancies. Military pay is tax free, plus a cost of living adjustment. The DOD school is exceptional, and some Saudi families spend tens of thousands of dollars to send their kids.

I have a maid that washes dishes and clothes, my car is washed 3x per week, and my villa is right on the water in place that loosely resembles a Middle Eastern Venice... all for less than I was paying for rent in DC. Every restaurant delivers, and the food is the best I've ever had (healthy too!). Alcohol is legal, and there's plenty of opportunity to party. Bahrain brunches are world famous.

Bahrain is a desert oasis, with a large population of expats. There are some Sunni/Shi'a clashes (I've never personally encountered them), because the Sunni minority controls the government. Crime is very low. Many of the locals are what I would describe as U.S.-enthusiasts, in that they wear country/western attire, buy U.S. flag air fresheners for their cars, or even put UNITED STATES in bold letters across their windshields (yeah I've seen it). The U.S. pumps a lot of money into the economy, and the locals are overwhelmingly friendly.

There are a few downsides. First would be the heat 6 months out of the year. Summer is brutal... ~130-140 deg F heat index at night, but winter is mid 70's. Next is the lack of professional skills when it comes to things like car repair, electricians, etc. While good shops do exist, I would be hesitant to have anyone replace rod bearings or Vanos bolts on an S54. Some laborers lie to employers and say they know HVAC repair, just to get a job.

The carefree atmosphere trickles over into driving. Cars drive off the road to cut line in traffic, or use the shoulder as a fourth lane to pass. Drivers cut in where there is no space. Some Saudi men rent cars and give them to their wives to drive, who have never driven a car before. Overall the desert environment is hard on cars in general, so expect some wear and tear.

While Bahrain is liberal for a Middle Eastern country, there are still elements that would cause a progressive to label it a backwards society. Women aren't respected as much as men to a minor degree (although the women I work with don't seem to lose sleep over it and like it here). Alcohol is 3-4x as expensive as in the U.S. The standard labor rate for manual laborers is something like $2/hr, so there are some class differences (don't expect everyone to be treated equally).

Otherwise Bahrain is a great place to be. If you try and make it into America, you won't enjoy it. Instead, if you try the different foods and embrace the unique experience and opportunities, you'll love it. I make more money here than anywhere I've lived, and enjoy a significantly higher standard of living due to the low manual labor rate. If you're a nice guy, you'll have friends from all over the world in no time.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 2
C1Boston103.00