BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 125i M Sport and loving it to the max

04-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #67
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by macar View Post
I'm using the comfort mode in town or when I have a mood to drive relaxed.
On country roads, I prefer sport mode in case I need to pass a the car in front of me . And when I'm on high speed roads (110 km/h or 130 km/h allowed), I'm still on sport but I'm on manual mode (to be able to use gear 7 and 8 and limit fuel consumption).
why not eco pro when on the motorway?

it seems the only sensible mode to be in at that speed, unless you are actually racing
      04-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #68
macar
Rep
Drives: F20 - 125i

Because some part of the road is motorway and the rest is not. And I don't know if there is any difference in fuel consumption between eco-pro and sport (or comfort for that matter) when at a stabilized speed.
I might be wrong though!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #69
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by macar View Post
Because some part of the road is motorway and the rest is not. And I don't know if there is any difference in fuel consumption between eco-pro and sport (or comfort for that matter) when at a stabilized speed.
I might be wrong though!
Based on my experience, the fuel consumption is pretty much similar in Eco Pro and Comfort, while the car is slightly more thirsty in Sport mode.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #70
pacoluca
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i M Sport

Talking great machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
Hi all
Finally my F20 125i M Sport in beautiful Estoril Blue is here.

I have just got home after driving my new toy around for the past hour or two. A bit of Highway, a bit of mountain road and around town.

In a word 'fantastic'.
I took it a bit easy as it is new, however it is very obvious this has some grunt and handles well.

I will review in a day or two with a few more k's on the clock

I have posted a few quick pics

AusF20
I am new here, getting my revised version (July built) 125i with M sport and visibility packages from Brisbane BMW in Sept./Oct. Can't wait.

Just wondering what kind of M performance parts you have got in your car? Did you get the black side skirt trim as part of the M performance body kit? Or just the trim itself??
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 02:42 AM   #71
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacoluca View Post
I am new here, getting my revised version (July built) 125i with M sport and visibility packages from Brisbane BMW in Sept./Oct. Can't wait.

Just wondering what kind of M performance parts you have got in your car? Did you get the black side skirt trim as part of the M performance body kit? Or just the trim itself??

I got all the M Sport and M performance bits as factory fitted
It was just the decal on the skirts that was supplied and fitted by the dealer here as part of the deal.
I think the decals were about $320.00 (pair) if you were just buying them from BMW

You will find the part number on some of the 1er treads about BMW performance parts
Appreciate 0