BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > m-perf roof spoiler and blades installation question

12-23-2014, 04:02 AM   #1
stifla
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i

m-perf roof spoiler and blades installation question

Hi all I have a pair of blades painted and ready to be put on and should be getting back my m-perf roof spoiler which someone is carbon dipping for me. I have 2 questions as bmw wont reply when asking for instructions for these - even though they seem basic to install. If anyone has installed either I was wondering 1. roof spoiler comes with some small plastic bits in the pack. Not sure what they are any ideas? and 2. the blades do you guys stick the blade on first with the 3m tape then drill holes later for the clips? Or possibly drill the ends clip in then remove the tape along. Not sure on the clip sizes either to drill but wont be hard to work that out. Any tips greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
JIA
Rep
Drives: Bmw F20 116D

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifla View Post
Hi all I have a pair of blades painted and ready to be put on and should be getting back my m-perf roof spoiler which someone is carbon dipping for me. I have 2 questions as bmw wont reply when asking for instructions for these - even though they seem basic to install. If anyone has installed either I was wondering 1. roof spoiler comes with some small plastic bits in the pack. Not sure what they are any ideas? and 2. the blades do you guys stick the blade on first with the 3m tape then drill holes later for the clips? Or possibly drill the ends clip in then remove the tape along. Not sure on the clip sizes either to drill but wont be hard to work that out. Any tips greatly appreciated
Hey, it should only be fixed with 3m tape no drilling.Det included 2 such small plastic templates that you put on top of the fins on the rear window up against the spoiler at the top of the tailgate (It shall be a small distance from the spoiler and Finns) spoiler first mounted on the tailgate, make sure to cleanse the paint before assembly for best fitting, but before putting on the spoiler must lose 4 small distance marks, 2 left and 2 right by where the third brake light sits so spoiler is just far enough up. the best had been instruction papers.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
BWT
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stifla
Per the instructions, the blades should be stuck on with the double sided tape first then drill holes to put the clips in.

PM me your email address if you want the PDF of the instructions from BMW for the blades.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #4
stifla
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i

Hi JIA so basically the spoiler just goes on using the 3m and those plastic bits in the pack are for use with the fins which Im not putting on anyway. Cool thanks
BWT will send you my details re the blades pdf. Thanks as well
Appreciate 0