BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > New user + New f20 LCI

05-19-2015, 02:49 AM   #1
Ernesto_182
Rep
Drives: 120i F20 Mineralgrau

New user + New f20 LCI

Hi there! this is my first post here so I'll gladly present myself first.

My name is Ernesto and I am from Valencia, Spain (yep, the Valencia Orange colour comes from this city as it is know worldwide for making the best oranges).

Since last thursday I am a happy owner of a brand new f20 120i LCI Mineralgrau! my first BMW so this is all new for me! I ordered it in March, one week after the official LCI presentation.

I ordered it with some more extras apart from the ones that come with the M Pack. As far as I know these extras and packs vary from one country to another but the are some of them that can be easily seen in the pics.

All i've got to say is I am in LOVE with the car and I've only driven it 220km since thursday but everyday it keeps getting better. The ride is smooth and the handling is much better than I expected, I guess the M pack makes it possible.

Does anybody know when will the BMW Performance accesories be available? I'd like to do something with the exhaust and make it sound better.

I'll be happy to answer any questions!

Kind regards. Ernesto.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 03:10 AM   #2
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Nice car and welcome. Enjoy !
      05-19-2015, 03:21 AM   #3
Ernesto_182
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Nice car and welcome. Enjoy !
Thank you!! indeed it is a nice car loving it!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 05:04 AM   #4
ipp
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2016 M135i

Nice! Congrats!

I can see that the LCI got the mileage gauge back.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 05:10 AM   #5
Ernesto_182
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipp View Post
Nice! Congrats!

I can see that the LCI got the mileage gauge back.
Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 06:12 AM   #6
Maus
Message Board Crawler
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Sofia

That is one sweet looking ride, finally someone managed to take good pictures of an F20 M-Sport in Mineral Grey. I'd have it with the Ferric Grey wheels and a debadge, but it looks stunning none the less. A few questions from my side:
  1. Does the M-Sport rear bumper blend in with the rest or is the color difference too big?
  2. Do you have the adaptive or the passive M-Sport suspension?
  3. Do you have the variable steering and if so, what's your take on it as a new BMW owner?
Enjoy it man!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 06:38 AM   #7
Ernesto_182
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maus View Post
That is one sweet looking ride, finally someone managed to take good pictures of an F20 M-Sport in Mineral Grey. I'd have it with the Ferric Grey wheels and a debadge, but it looks stunning none the less. A few questions from my side:
  1. Does the M-Sport rear bumper blend in with the rest or is the color difference too big?
  2. Do you have the adaptive or the passive M-Sport suspension?
  3. Do you have the variable steering and if so, what's your take on it as a new BMW owner?
Enjoy it man!
Thanks man!!

-It blends. When you see the color in person there's not much difference between the rear bumper and the rest. I don't think anyone will have problems with that..

- How do I difference between adaptive and passive M-sport suspension? I have the sports suspension that comes with the M pack (code 704) but I don't know how to figure if it is adaptive or passive or even if I am refering to the same suspension... so if you could tell me how to find out I can tell you better

- Yes I have it and all I've got to say is that I LOVE it. It makes steering much easier at lower speeds such as parking the car or at high speed with just a slight movement of the steering wheel the car goes wherever you want to. I'd like to see how it behaves in windy conditions for example.

I'd like to debadge it but I'll do it when I detail the car. I'm also thinking on painting the rims in Ferric Grey.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 07:23 AM   #8
eau_rouge
Germany
Rep
Drives: Alpina B3 G21 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto_182 View Post
Thanks man!!

-It blends. When you see the color in person there's not much difference between the rear bumper and the rest. I don't think anyone will have problems with that..

- How do I difference between adaptive and passive M-sport suspension? I have the sports suspension that comes with the M pack (code 704) but I don't know how to figure if it is adaptive or passive or even if I am refering to the same suspension... so if you could tell me how to find out I can tell you better

- Yes I have it and all I've got to say is that I LOVE it. It makes steering much easier at lower speeds such as parking the car or at high speed with just a slight movement of the steering wheel the car goes wherever you want to. I'd like to see how it behaves in windy conditions for example.

I'd like to debadge it but I'll do it when I detail the car. I'm also thinking on painting the rims in Ferric Grey.
There is an Adaptive Suspension available on the options list. If you have opted for the "normal" M Suspension you can't change the setting of the dampers within the different modes. The adaptive suspension will firm in the Sport mode and makes the car more comfortable in normal mode. The M suspension is always the same and does not change within the different driving modes.
2005 E46 M3 S54 - TS/GN5TT - 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 07:37 AM   #9
Ernesto_182
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eau_rouge View Post
There is an Adaptive Suspension available on the options list. If you have opted for the "normal" M Suspension you can't change the setting of the dampers within the different modes. The adaptive suspension will firm in the Sport mode and makes the car more comfortable in normal mode. The M suspension is always the same and does not change within the different driving modes.
Well, I have the Eco pro, comfort, sport and Sport + modes but all I've seen is that in sport mode it makes the car stiffer, the exhaust sounds a bit more and the steering a bit more harder and in sport + it deactivates the DSC
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 09:24 AM   #10
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto_182 View Post
Well, I have the Eco pro, comfort, sport and Sport + modes but all I've seen is that in sport mode it makes the car stiffer, the exhaust sounds a bit more and the steering a bit more harder and in sport + it deactivates the DSC
DSC is not dectivated in Sport+, but the traction control is almost completely disabled. If you slide your car around, the DSC will take control.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #11
Ernesto_182
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
DSC is not dectivated in Sport+, but the traction control is almost completely disabled. If you slide your car around, the DSC will take control.
So when I engage sport + and the light appears in the dashboard it's no completely deactivated?

My first BMW, and I'm learning quite a lot today!! thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #12
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

No, the stability control is still activated, but you can have a lot more wheelspin. Works well in snowy conditions. It is similar to the DTC mode, which you get by pushing stability system button once. A long press on the button disables DSC completely.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 01:30 PM   #13
Mjlbakker
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 G21 318i (in order) - 20

Congrats! Nice combo!
      05-19-2015, 02:25 PM   #14
Ernesto_182
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
No, the stability control is still activated, but you can have a lot more wheelspin. Works well in snowy conditions. It is similar to the DTC mode, which you get by pushing stability system button once. A long press on the button disables DSC completely.
Well I must thank you very much for this little lesson on my new BMW! If I ever travel to the snow with it I'll engage sport +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjlbakker View Post
Congrats! Nice combo!
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #15
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Congrats!
You should add the dual exhaust (i.e Supersprint) and debadge it!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 02:58 PM   #16
Ernesto_182
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca View Post
Congrats!
You should add the dual exhaust (i.e Supersprint) and debadge it!
Thank you!

I'll have a look on the supersprint!! I'm debadging it as soon as I detail the car
Appreciate 0