BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Bmw Australia Cut Price In 1 Series

06-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #67
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition, M135i (sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by spree View Post
Any compensation for those who've already bought then?
Bought & delivered probably not I'm afraid. In think its the old story that "money talks" with the threat of losing a sale or having to deal with a whole fallout if heaps of people start cancelling orders because of a massive price drop.

If you haven't taken delivery then there may very well be some cause for argument
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #68
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Hey Siin, with that spec I posted before.. can you let me know what im looking at?

Cheers
      06-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #69
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Siin_ View Post
Bought & delivered probably not I'm afraid. In think its the old story that "money talks" with the threat of losing a sale or having to deal with a whole fallout if heaps of people start cancelling orders because of a massive price drop.

If you haven't taken delivery then there may very well be some cause for argument
Pm SEnt
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #70
georgie
Rep
Drives: coming

PM sent
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #71
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue 335i View Post
I can't see how BMW Aust would be stripping those sort of dollars off brand new cars. There may well be some movement of around 7k or so but not the sort of order of magnitude that we're seeing here - at least I can't see that happening here. If someone is prepared to post their order sheet here to show what they got and the discount they got then fine, might help the rest of us but I went through the review process on Sat comparing dollar for dollar and posted an earlier thread of the results; there's not much in it. Good luck to those who can get massive discounts on a brand new, made to order car, if you can get it.
FX rate. BMW's pricing 2 years ago when they set it was done at AUD at old historical rates and they tried to hold on to this gap.

MB came in with the A-Class at the updated fx rate and flipped the market on its head.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #72
_Siin_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 Competition, M135i (sol

I should be back to all queries tomorrow. Just awaiting confirmation
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #73
white 125M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White 125 M Sport

Quote:
Got no issues in placing some details up & helping others. ExGST & LCT I had ~$9500 off before starting to renegotiate once the difference came out
PM me your specs & ill send you back a price.
Thanks Siin, PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #74
spamund
Rep
Drives: M135i (on order)

Hi Guys.

Newbie here from Perth.

Great discussion and info all round!

So we heard of the price reductions on the m135i over the weekend, and went straight to the dealer, who weren’t even aware of the price cuts in the first instance – they had to check, and came back to confirm that the reductions were $3.5k for manual, and $7.5k for auto.

Therefore, new and old prices are as follows:

- Manual: $73,926 driveaway (down from $77,426)
- Auto: $74,186 driveaway (down from $81,686)

What we didn’t know at that stage (and the dealer did not tell us, perhaps out of ignorance as well at that stage) was that several key options such as auto transmission, pro nav and front / rear PDC now came standard!

We went ahead and picked a manual (which is what we wanted anyway) in alpine white, with the following options:

- Pro Nav (now standard, which we initially thought was a $3.5k option)
- Front and rear PDC (now standard, which we thought was a $675 option)
- Rearview camera (which we thought was a $900 option)
- Park assist (we did not choose this, but was told after our offer was accepted that this was part of the Advanced Parking Package, which includes PDS and rearview camera, and now only costs $1,100 for the lot!)

We negotiated and eventually agreed on a price of $72.8k driveaway, which was pretty much the “new” recommended driveaway price after a 1.5% corporate discount, including the above options “thrown in for free”. We paid the deposit, and the car will be July built, for September delivery.

Upon accepting our offer, the dealer commented that “sat nav is now included as standard”, which made us realise that we really only had a $1,100 benefit (on the Parking Package), if at all! If we knew about this before we made the offer, we would negotiated differently - perhaps picked other non-standard options (e.g. M adaptive running gear, which we really want), or even lowered our offer. However, the dealer said that our offer was the lowest they could accept in any event – but now with the benefit of hindsight, of course.

So now we’re not sure if we actually got a good deal, or even ended up paying too much!

Here’s the breakdown of costs:

- Car, dealer delivery and options: $65.6k (we have no breakdown of of this, so we're not sure how much dealer delivery was charged)
- LCT: $1.9k
- Stamp duty: $4.6k
- Rego: $580
- TOTAL: $72.8k

Has anyone ordered an m135i recently, especially over the last few days (after the price reduction announcement)? If so, would be grateful if we could have some advice on the price paid.

On a separate note, does anyone think that the M adaptive running gear is worth having? I have read reviews that it’s really a worthwhile option. I like the idea of being able to soften the ride if required, but am also concerned at the same time about future repair costs / issues, especially after warranty runs out.

Thanks for reading, and I hope the above information would also help those thinking of ordering a car anytime soon!

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #75
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Yes, M Adaptive is definitely worth having.

As to your pricing, I think you guys in Perth are in a bit of a bind, without much competition. Hearing the dealer "wasn't aware of the price cuts" just makes me suspicious of his morals/ethics -- work ethic, if nothing else. These days, we have instant electronic communications. If not from BMW Aust, then from the various newspapers, in which these guys should take intense interest. So, to say that is simply disingenuous, at least to me.

First, the auto is now standard, and the manual is a no-cost option -- so both prices should be the same. But the reality is, manual buyers are now being gouged, and should negotiate to reduce that. Same with all the standard packages, and I think these include PDC. Don't get the rear camera or Parking Assist -- I didn't think these were standard, get HK sound instead.

Maybe you should try to do some comparison pricing, using the MB A45, the new S3 or something, so you have some leverage.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 03:03 AM   #76
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

+1 on M-Adaptive.

I found it was just a bit sharper/taughter in Sport than the standard chassis - don't use Comfort very often but it's nice sometimes.

Also think you might be able to do a little better on your deal from what others are saying.
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #77
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydad View Post
+1 on M-Adaptive.

I found it was just a bit sharper/taughter in Sport than the standard chassis - don't use Comfort very often but it's nice sometimes.

Also think you might be able to do a little better on your deal from what others are saying.
I ordered adaptive just because i always wanted a car with adaptive suspension.

How does it work for BMW? does it change with the eco/comfort/sports mode or is there a separate selection for it?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 04:51 AM   #78
ttimbo
Major
Rep

There's only two modes. In Eco and Comfort, you have Comfort suspension; in Sport (and Sport+) you get a firmer, Sport suspension; the adjustment is a single switch, but you can customize some combinations through iDrive
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 04:56 AM   #79
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
There's only two modes. In Eco and Comfort, you have Comfort suspension; in Sport (and Sport+) you get a firmer, Sport suspension; the adjustment is a single switch, but you can customize some combinations through iDrive
sorry for my ignorance, the first part makes perfect sense, the eco/comfort and sport thing.

I don't understand the 2nd part, so are you saying you can soften/firm the comfort setting in eco/comfort?

or put sports mode with eco but leave comfort in soft mode?

the single switch adjustment, what does that mean? from your first sentence i assumed that the drive mode was the switch for it?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #80
adamw99
Registered
Rep
Drives: IS350

Hi guys,

After some perspective - now that BMW have cut the price of the M135i so savagely (thanks, a***holes) - I'm going to need to rethink the price of mine which is up for sale at the moment.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-1118192/?Cr=3

What do you guys think I should advertise at it and what should be my bottom line?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #81
gumpy_999
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamw99 View Post
Hi guys,

After some perspective - now that BMW have cut the price of the M135i so savagely (thanks, a***holes) - I'm going to need to rethink the price of mine which is up for sale at the moment.

What do you guys think I should advertise at it and what should be my bottom line?
Man that's tough, can I ask why you're selling?

I'd say you may need to get to mid to low 60's. =/
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #82
DECVING
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamund View Post
Hi Guys.

Newbie here from Perth.

Great discussion and info all round!

So we heard of the price reductions on the m135i over the weekend, and went straight to the dealer, who weren’t even aware of the price cuts in the first instance – they had to check, and came back to confirm that the reductions were $3.5k for manual, and $7.5k for auto.

Therefore, new and old prices are as follows:

- Manual: $73,926 driveaway (down from $77,426)
- Auto: $74,186 driveaway (down from $81,686)

What we didn’t know at that stage (and the dealer did not tell us, perhaps out of ignorance as well at that stage) was that several key options such as auto transmission, pro nav and front / rear PDC now came standard!

We went ahead and picked a manual (which is what we wanted anyway) in alpine white, with the following options:

- Pro Nav (now standard, which we initially thought was a $3.5k option)
- Front and rear PDC (now standard, which we thought was a $675 option)
- Rearview camera (which we thought was a $900 option)
- Park assist (we did not choose this, but was told after our offer was accepted that this was part of the Advanced Parking Package, which includes PDS and rearview camera, and now only costs $1,100 for the lot!)

We negotiated and eventually agreed on a price of $72.8k driveaway, which was pretty much the “new” recommended driveaway price after a 1.5% corporate discount, including the above options “thrown in for free”. We paid the deposit, and the car will be July built, for September delivery.

Upon accepting our offer, the dealer commented that “sat nav is now included as standard”, which made us realise that we really only had a $1,100 benefit (on the Parking Package), if at all! If we knew about this before we made the offer, we would negotiated differently - perhaps picked other non-standard options (e.g. M adaptive running gear, which we really want), or even lowered our offer. However, the dealer said that our offer was the lowest they could accept in any event – but now with the benefit of hindsight, of course.

So now we’re not sure if we actually got a good deal, or even ended up paying too much!

Here’s the breakdown of costs:

- Car, dealer delivery and options: $65.6k (we have no breakdown of of this, so we're not sure how much dealer delivery was charged)
- LCT: $1.9k
- Stamp duty: $4.6k
- Rego: $580
- TOTAL: $72.8k

Has anyone ordered an m135i recently, especially over the last few days (after the price reduction announcement)? If so, would be grateful if we could have some advice on the price paid.

On a separate note, does anyone think that the M adaptive running gear is worth having? I have read reviews that it’s really a worthwhile option. I like the idea of being able to soften the ride if required, but am also concerned at the same time about future repair costs / issues, especially after warranty runs out.

Thanks for reading, and I hope the above information would also help those thinking of ordering a car anytime soon!

Cheers.
Hey mate, sent you a PM, I've just ordered one in Perth too.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #83
ttimbo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumpy_999 View Post
sorry for my ignorance, the first part makes perfect sense, the eco/comfort and sport thing.

I don't understand the 2nd part, so are you saying you can soften/firm the comfort setting in eco/comfort?

or put sports mode with eco but leave comfort in soft mode?

the single switch adjustment, what does that mean? from your first sentence i assumed that the drive mode was the switch for it?
Might be easiest and best for you to go to a dealer and have a test drive, or at least sit in a F20 that has M Adaptive
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #84
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamw99 View Post
Hi guys,

Gah! What bad luck indeed. Seems people are getting a few thousand off even with the price cut - so a new car in your spec (or better given the freebees) might come in at a bit under $70K. Redbook say private is $54-59 for a '12 and people do seem to look at this as a guide.

I suppose the thing is that although theoretically that figure would be what I might hope to pay as a buyer you are still likely to have the cheapest M135i on the market for a bit.

Maybe drop the ask to $64K and entertain anything much over $60K depending on interest?
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #85
8y8
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i; Porsche Panamera

Hi adamw99 - Its unfortunately a bad time to be selling a used M135i as you obviously know. I can completely understand your frustrations. Its inconceivable how BMW can lower their prices on a premium product so significantly. Did they get it so wrong to start off with?? That does not help you, though.

With regards to your car... Things going against your car are the fact that you have had it for sale for a while, you are in NT, the fact that a buyer has to add on-road costs (stamp duty, etc to their purchase price) and that you can probably get a newly built auto with no options (but all the latest additional inclusions) for about 70K easily if not cheaper (have not tried to bargain with a dealer). So, how much is a reasonable write-down for your car which has lesser options, 10000 kms and 1 year old used car?I reckon its a minimum 15% (or 10.5K). So, I reckon (unfortuantely!) you should advertise it for very low 60s and accept high 50s (above which, a buyer will have to pay additional stamp duties, etc). This is consistent with Redbook.

Again, I can't understand how BMW can cut prices so much and disadvantage presumably loyal and committed past customers. On the positive side, your car is the only manual on carsales, is a great colour combination and will be cheapest by far on carsales ... so may get more if you are lucky and find the right buyer. Good luck with it....
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #86
8y8
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i; Porsche Panamera

Quote:
reportedly BMW australia will release next week the July pricing adjustments for the pre-july build cars.
negotiate hard people... you should be getting ~$7500 price reduction BEFORE you pay the invoice & take delivery.
Anyone heard yet how much the price adjustment is likey to be for pre-July built M135i's ? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 02:37 AM   #87
Balatabert
Rep
Drives: 125i F20

My new car (well in five months it will be)

Hi guys - I'm a long time viewer but first time poster. Firstly, thanks to you all. After following these forums for a while I decided to upgrade my GTI for a 125i. I ordered it yesterday and it won't be built till September, so I guess it'll be November until I take delivery.

I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not. The dealer looked like I had robbed him, but I think that's just theatre. I ended up paying $55,000 drive away for one with metallic paint (mineral white), M Sports pack and sunroof.

Anyway, I can't wait till I hit the roads. I enjoyed playing with the GTI (a few mods) and will likely do the same when the Beemer comes off warranty.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 03:14 AM   #88
DLB800
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 125i M-Sport EB MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balatabert
Hi guys - I'm a long time viewer but first time poster. Firstly, thanks to you all. After following these forums for a while I decided to upgrade my GTI for a 125i. I ordered it yesterday and it won't be built till September, so I guess it'll be November until I take delivery.

I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not. The dealer looked like I had robbed him, but I think that's just theatre. I ended up paying $55,000 drive away for one with metallic paint (mineral white), M Sports pack and sunroof.

Anyway, I can't wait till I hit the roads. I enjoyed playing with the GTI (a few mods) and will likely do the same when the Beemer comes off warranty.
Did you get any fleet discount as part of the purchase? I took delivery of my 125i about 6 weeks back and paid a bit over 57.5k, but had extra options including M-brakes, front PDC, HIFi and tinting. Included in my price though was a solid fleet discount.......for what its worth.