BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > More issues now a fecked DPF

07-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
dreamweaver
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw f30

More issues now a fecked DPF

Oh this car and me are having a bad relationship, think I have good grounds to file for a divorce.

It's been a finicky beggar from when we were first introduced some 15 months ago, did spend a lot of time without me, had a crush on the local dealers for some strange reason. Anyhow with more faults then I ever thought were possible on a big branded motor. Few weeks a go a strange vibrating noise when setting off caught my ears, would wait till it in for a service and let them have a look, also I was having bad headache's and spells of dizziness from time to time when driving.

Anyhow yesterday off to the dealer, all serviced and ok but was informed the noise was a failed DPF, part on order for next week, I then asked if this part is faulty of failed would this allow toxic fumes into the car, was told shouldn't but not 100%. Now wondering if the headaches are linked.

Any thoughts on the above.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
Bob UK
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 18d X-Drive

Get the exhaust system checked carefully, a rattle on mine was found to be failure in the flexible exhaust section and can allow fumes into the car.
      07-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Bad headaches and dizzy spells

Could be symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Worth getting a CO detector and checking it out. You can always use the detector afterwards in your home if you have gas fired anything
Appreciate 0