E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts > Wanted: Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlight

01-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
simonparker
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D

Wanted: Bi-Xenon Adaptive Headlight

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I live in Germany as my wife works here at the moment, and have a bmw 320d e90 tourer, 2005 model with condensation in the drivers side headlight. Left hand drive car. Local dealer wants €1500 for new light as says they can't be fixed. Are they available in the UK any cheaper, if so where. Are the UK ones any different from Germany ones? Lights pointing in wrong place etc. Sorry know nothing about cars, so just seeking cheapest possible replacement. Or a cheap source from Germany would be good too. Not sure about ebay, never know if the ones you get there leak also!

Thanks guys

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

So is the problem simply condensation or are the bulbs actually pointing in the incorrect directions?

The output should be similar in UK & Germany, most European countries use the same cutoff pattern. Also if it's simply condensation, it can most likely be fixed it would just require time, which I'm assuming your dealer is not interested in putting in. He would rather order an entirely new headlight assembly & jsut plug it in.
      01-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
simonparker
Rep

No dealer is only interested in new light. it is only condensation, had it in the other light and then the adaptive headlights failed due to the water. Don't want same thing again in this light.

Not sure what else to do. any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #4
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

If you're handy, I'd try to fix the headlight personally. The worst that can happen is you need to order a new headlight which the dealer is wanting you to do anyhow. You'd need a heat gun or to place the headlight in an oven at about 300 degrees for 10 minutes (keep an eye on it). Pry the plastic off and remove the moisture with a towel. Either buy a new seal or buy some plastic sealant and put the headlight back together, then install again and viola!

I've done that to 3-4 different vehicles and it's the same process and pretty easy all-in-all. It would take approximately 1-2 hours of your time. There are writeups online I'm sure you can find that would apply universally. It may be worth giving it a shot as even if you fail you're still stuck buying a new headlight from the dealer.

2nd option, buy the new part from RealOEM.com for less money and install the headlight yourself.
      01-30-2010, 05:51 AM   #5
simonparker
Rep

thanks the realoem site as far as i can see is a catalogue only, not selling. MAybe wrong. Will look at the bake in oven thing, not handy though so thought of taking light out fills me with dread
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
Terry-Bozzio
Registered
Rep
Drives: e46

Dear,
I have:
- 1 Bixenon Dynamic right with out ballast and bulb
- 1 Bixenon left with out ballast and bulb
- 1 pair Bixenon with out ballast and bulb

please inform me if you want any! I'm from Spain