BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Question about interior light modes

08-02-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
dishy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M135i

Question about interior light modes

Hi, I'm new here. I have recently picked up a 2015 M135i. This is the first car I've bought that's not been around 20 years old. Thought I'd treat myself since turning 30 or, that's an excuse

I've been reading my manual but there's a lot of text which isn't explained very well. I think may be it was initially written in German and then translated to English, so some of it I cannot make it out.

Regarding the interior lighting, there are two modes: sport and normal.

It was already set to sport, so I changed it to normal to see what the difference is but I couldn't see any difference at all. I could be looking at the wrong thing, I assume it's the main roof lights.
Can anyone help?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 04:46 PM   #2
bd5400
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328xi E92

I don't know how extensive the ambient lighting is in the M135i but sport and classic/normal refers to the color of the ambient lighting. There should be LEDs in the overhead console that shine down on the shifter area (not the dome lights or map lights). Try changing the color in the dark and holding your hand up closer to the overhead console. You should be able to see the color change easier against your hand, especially if you have a black interior. It's possible there are lights elsewhere, but I don't know specifically about your model.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
dishy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M135i

Thanks! You are spot on. This morning, I noticed that the door handles have little lights to illuminate them. I changed to sport and they go white. Normal and they're an orange colour to match the other orange inside. You are also correct there are other little LED spotlights on the gear selector and the compartment just infront of the gear selector. I'm not sure where other LEDs are but I turned up the brightness a tad and left it as sport because the dull white lighting looks a bit nicer than the orange

Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0