BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Airline staff behaving badly

05-12-2017, 05:56 PM   #23
Todd0131
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yukon, stumpjumper, m3

Social media is the downfall of society. If you don't act like a cunt on a plane then they will leave you alone just my .02
Appreciate 2
SakhirM410784.50
Dang3r12512.00
      05-12-2017, 07:27 PM   #24
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Most of the times its not Airline employees, its animals flying once in life time and they think they should be treated like royalties.
I frequently fly I always say follow the rules keep it to your self ignore idiots around you respect peoples space and you will be fine.
      05-12-2017, 07:51 PM   #25
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
I fly once or twice a month for work. Never had an issue. Just remember that you are at their mercy. Be polite and courteous.
This. Just keep on keepin' on. It's not that hard if you're not a total shithead.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #26
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatre View Post
I look at it another way:

Now, with everyone having a video recorder in their pocket, crappy customer treatment will no longer be suffered in silence - it will be publicly shamed.

This will (hopefully) lead to employees trying to find a sensible outcome to a situation, rather than simply playing the "I'm in charge here" game. In all of the video incidents I've seen recently, the staff could have defused the situation if they had tried to find a reasonable middle ground rather than choosing the path they took.
Thats dangerous nonsens!

From that moment you're posting your filmed sensation within the (a)social media platforms, you're enforcing advertent or inadvertant the publics' opinion. Not everyone may judge your point of view into the same way and voilá: The next absolut unimportant case is born.
The rest is dust into the www and should be blown away until the next public upset sensation.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 11:53 AM   #27
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Thats dangerous nonsens!

From that moment you're posting your filmed sensation within the (a)social media platforms, you're enforcing advertent or inadvertant the publics' opinion. Not everyone may judge your point of view into the same way and voilá: The next absolut unimportant case is born.
The rest is dust into the www and should be blown away until the next public upset sensation.
Dangerous nonsense? Hardly.

It's true that not everyone judges with the same point of view. Should we require that they do in order to be able to post something? What was posted showed what happened. Everyone was free to form their own point of view after viewing the video.

Why should one expect that their actions should have no consequences? If you are treated like that in a restaurant, there are plenty of other choices, so you go elsewhere. With air travel, it's not the same. With very few exceptions, there is only one decent way to get from A to B.

Airlines have enjoyed this 'mini-monopoly' and thus have not had to be responsive to their customers. Now, their crappy service (at least by a few) is seen by the traveling public - and this has caused most airlines to revise how they will treat their customers in the future.

Maybe you can explain how shaming an industry into better customer service is 'dangerous nonsense'.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #28
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Dangerous nonsense? Hardly.

It's true that not everyone judges with the same point of view. Should we require that they do in order to be able to post something? What was posted showed what happened. Everyone was free to form their own point of view after viewing the video.

Why should one expect that their actions should have no consequences? If you are treated like that in a restaurant, there are plenty of other choices, so you go elsewhere. With air travel, it's not the same. With very few exceptions, there is only one decent way to get from A to B.

Airlines have enjoyed this 'mini-monopoly' and thus have not had to be responsive to their customers. Now, their crappy service (at least by a few) is seen by the traveling public - and this has caused most airlines to revise how they will treat their customers in the future.

Maybe you can explain how shaming an industry into better customer service is 'dangerous nonsense'.
The core question is: Must people film everything, everywhere and everytime?
Thats a "no"!
In that conclusion: Must people load and share their unnecessary material at any cost?
Thats the second "no"!

I agree with you, that horrible behaviors of employees of every branch are not the proper kind, but: Thats everytime an individual case to clear personally at once after it happens.
The rest of the world has to stay out and theres no need to share such experiences with it.
What have you done in older times? Wrote letters to your friends to tell them what you've got experienced or in this case share a public notice into a newspaper to ensure, nobody miss this?
Surely not, no?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410784.50
      05-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #29
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The core question is: Must people film everything, everywhere and everytime?
Thats a "no"!
In that conclusion: Must people load and share their unnecessary material at any cost?
Thats the second "no"!
People do not film everything and everytime, but when they see something that they feel is not right, they film. There were hours of waiting in the airport gate, and hours on the flight afterward that weren't recorded (or at least weren't posted).

Of course, there is far more posted than is relevent, interesting, or important - but that is not dangerous - only boring.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 10:34 AM   #30
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Of course, there is far more posted than is relevent, interesting, or important - but that is not dangerous - only boring.
The dangerous thing as a sideeffect of those postings are, that you force the viewers opinion into one way, regardless of the origin intention.
Most people dont read the text at such clips but see it and expanding their own thoughts into many dynamic ways.
If such movies would be shown general at TV and instantly commented by the newsman, its almost clear whats the message.
At the net everybody has its own thoughts and share it. Thats everytime the beginning of the flood wave. And additionally also the point of the most useless discussions ever.

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 11:24 AM   #31
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
The dangerous thing as a sideeffect of those postings are, that you force the viewers opinion into one way, regardless of the origin intention.
Most people dont read the text at such clips but see it and expanding their own thoughts into many dynamic ways.
If such movies would be shown general at TV and instantly commented by the newsman, its almost clear whats the message.
At the net everybody has its own thoughts and share it. Thats everytime the beginning of the flood wave. And additionally also the point of the most useless discussions ever.
People are going to formulate their opinion one way or another without anyone providing any colorful commentary. And because you work for a media outlet doesn't make you more qualified to formulate a conclusion from a video. If anything many of these reporters are worse than what a person in the general population would conclude.

Your premise about the pervasiveness of video being dangerous is just unfounded. An example of this is with law enforcement and the widespread use of smart phones. Instead of police departments fighting how they'll be inevitably video recorded, they're moving toward body cameras and all the judicial chain of custody requirements needed in storing the video.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 03:17 AM   #32
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

You wouldnt prevent leaking some "sensations" just by prohibiting it by law or other regulations.
Thats more a public problem, caused by few, affects all.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 04:34 AM   #33
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You wouldnt prevent leaking some "sensations" just by prohibiting it by law or other regulations.
Thats more a public problem, caused by few, affects all.
It seems as if you are suggesting that exposing the truth is a dangerous thing. This is how crime, corruption, and other bad behavior is perpetuated.

Keep the truth from the masses, keep them dumb & happy, and rape them day after day.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant, and this is why I don't see the danger in exposing the public to the truth.

Videos on YouTube don't force a viewpoint on a person (at least the raw videos), they show the actual events as they occurred. Then each viewer can come to their own conclusions.

Are you actually saying the public is better off NOT knowing the truth of a situation?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2017, 10:57 AM   #34
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
It seems as if you are suggesting that exposing the truth is a dangerous thing. This is how crime, corruption, and other bad behavior is perpetuated.

Keep the truth from the masses, keep them dumb & happy, and rape them day after day.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant, and this is why I don't see the danger in exposing the public to the truth.

Videos on YouTube don't force a viewpoint on a person (at least the raw videos), they show the actual events as they occurred. Then each viewer can come to their own conclusions.

Are you actually saying the public is better off NOT knowing the truth of a situation?
That is very wrong. Most videos are posted to generate a reaction and stir up something. Most videos only show a snippet of the whole situation and in many cases they distort the truth. Example: A video showing someone punching someone in the face looks bad for the attacker, but it might have been a defensive maneuver because a life was being threatened. You don't know.

The public is better off knowing the truth - not someone's distorted, sensationalistic view to stir up trouble.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12512.00
      05-16-2017, 03:29 AM   #35
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Its worthless to discuss such a wide spreaded item into a forum, we would never reach an unification, caused by the too different points of view.
Anyway, I understand your view to the facts and thats ok. It was maybe not correct to rate such postings as dangerous, but this wouldnt change my opinion, that cases like this never would blown up into the happened way.

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 07:43 AM   #36
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its worthless to discuss such a wide spreaded item into a forum, we would never reach an unification, caused by the too different points of view.
Anyway, I understand your view to the facts and thats ok. It was maybe not correct to rate such postings as dangerous, but this wouldnt change my opinion, that cases like this never would blown up into the happened way.
If you're talking about events like Fergason MO, Charlotte NC, etc; where videos of police/public incidents led to violence - then yes, I'll agree that the video does stir things up, and then the people who view this can get out of hand - and this certainly is a negative.

If you're talking about events like the recent three incidents of poor treatment of customers on airplanes, then I can't say that there was a negative side to it (unless you feel mistreatment of a flying passenger is an acceptable form of employee conduct).

Are you advising that the public shouldn't have access to videos showing the truth? This is how I was reading your prior posts.

Unfortunately, freedom of speech includes some negatives as well as positives. The negatives (unlawful behavior in response to posted videos) are handled through the legal system (prosecution of unlawful behavior), rather than by restriction of allowed content.

I still believe that access to video will be a positive overall.

While publicly posted video may have started the rioting in Charlotte, it was also used in the prosecution of those participating in the rioting.

So, given your thoughts that the availability of videos is not a good thing, what is your suggested alternative?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 05:07 AM   #37
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

No, I would never suggest to restrict the access of the public to videos of any sort, if that would happen here ever again, we're onto the same level like China or the Turks.

The major problem is, that nearly everbody has a smartphone with a fuqing camera and use it all the time.
Last year we had a raid into a big shopping mall here, the criminal shots 2 people to death and hit others.
You know what? There were an eyewitness who caught this on his damn smartphone cam! While he was running for his life he couldnt stop filming and this seems to be more important than a safe excape.
To achieve his fame for all times, he had loaded up the clip to the net, someone found it and the news had played this ever and ever and ever again in a loop. Those phones are sometimes a hell of a concept, try to cross the city without getting caught unintentionally by permanent filming people.
This is for me the real problem, those dickheads are not thinking but filming. Street musicans, their walk from a to b, exotic things whatever and also disputing couples, you name it.
The actual peak here is, if an accident onto the street has happen, most cars are slowing down, the left or right arm is coming outta the window and the smartphone is running and record the scene for what?? Everytime if a Police officer is walking quickly to somewhere, you could bet any sum that at least one asshole is following him with the cam into his hand, to be prepared to shot the scene or whatever happens there. That is sick and Im absolutely rid of...
Sometimes Im really into the mood to slap around myself and hit the hands with the damn cameras!
There isnt a solution in sight, aside from an EMP impulse at the right time

Appreciate 1
SakhirM410784.50
      05-25-2017, 05:38 PM   #38
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgrin View Post
Last month I had a bussiness trip to Iceland and I found first class tickets at https://www.iflyfirstclass.com/country/to-iceland to Reykjavík airport for sale. I've never flown first class beore and I can say it's worth trying! There was the most polite and professional staff I have ever seen, smiling and helpful.

Hey Alexgrin, this is a BMW site. You are posting fake/paid reviews. If you really have a BMW, let's hear about that instead. Thanks.
Appreciate 0