BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Please sign this petition for BMW to offer Android Auto integration

04-13-2018, 03:12 AM   #1
rasel800
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (F25)

Please sign this petition for BMW to offer Android Auto integration

Hello Everyone,

Please support to make a difference.

https://www.change.org/p/bmw-bmw-sup...and-new-models

Cheers!

Last edited by rasel800; 04-13-2018 at 03:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 08:41 AM   #2
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

I'm sure BMW is well aware that there are Android users (like me) out there. Why do you believe that a petition will make them stop pimping Apple's overpriced lock-in?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 09:07 AM   #3
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Your petition opens with a statement citing Android market share is at about 80%. And that's a fair point. However, I wonder what the breakdown is among the luxury car buying target audience? I strongly suspect that Apple's share increases significantly within that subset of the population. And even within that population there is likely a smaller group that BMW considers its wheelhouse as far as where they point their marketing laser.

I bring this up because I think its important to understand the mechanics of the situation. While it certainly does not hurt to try to rally support for a cause, it never hurts to go in with a level perspective. No doubt that BMW has done their due diligence and made a business decision that fits their data. Even if we see other manufacturers who we consider direct competitors to BMW supporting Android Auto, this does not mean that BMW could realize a revenue increase by doing the same.

All that said, I wish you all the best in your pursuit.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 09:23 AM   #4
rasel800
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 (F25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Your petition opens with a statement citing Android market share is at about 80%. And that's a fair point. However, I wonder what the breakdown is among the luxury car buying target audience? I strongly suspect that Apple's share increases significantly within that subset of the population. And even within that population there is likely a smaller group that BMW considers its wheelhouse as far as where they point their marketing laser.

I bring this up because I think its important to understand the mechanics of the situation. While it certainly does not hurt to try to rally support for a cause, it never hurts to go in with a level perspective. No doubt that BMW has done their due diligence and made a business decision that fits their data. Even if we see other manufacturers who we consider direct competitors to BMW supporting Android Auto, this does not mean that BMW could realize a revenue increase by doing the same.

All that said, I wish you all the best in your pursuit.
I completely agree it is difficult to estimate statistically the percentage of BMW owners with Android smartphones, however considering majority of the luxury and mid-range vehicle manufacturers offering the option to choose between CarPlay and Android Auto or both, it is a fare request to BMW to consider the possibility.

Let's see how it goes and thanks for the support.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2018, 09:44 AM   #5
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasel800 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Please support to make a difference.

https://www.change.org/p/bmw-bmw-sup...and-new-models

Cheers!
BMW knows pretty much the % of BMW owners who use Android v Apple.

They know when any BMW App is used or a map link is sent to their car.

Those who do not use those features are less likely to integrate their smartphones into the NBT.

BMW already announced a relationship with Amazon Alexa in the future so they clearly are not concerned about lack of Android integration.

Likewise, Jason Mark mkoesel what percent of people accessing this site are on iOS vs Android?
Appreciate 0