BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Home Warranty Experience

04-23-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

So previously I posted a poll on whether folks thought home warranties were worth it. From that poll I was deciding to cancel my home warranty due to mostly negative experiences. The home warranty company ended up convincing me to downgrade coverage instead. Fast forward to today and my central air decides to crap out on me. I'm glad I only downgraded as the AC is still covered.

Also good thing this is happening in spring and not the middle of August when it was more likely to happen. However my trade fee went from $75 to $125. I'll let you know how it turns out as I just placed the service request. $125 still not bad for a new central air unit, we will see how it turns out, I'll likely end up with a more energy efficient model as well! If going through them ends up costing more than just buying one that is an epic failure on their part especially considering the amount I've paid them over the years for coverage probably more than pays for a new unit out of pocket.
Appreciate 0