BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > USB Music AAC (Business Nav)

02-14-2013, 03:40 AM   #1
Bruno28
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125i F20 M-Sport

USB Music AAC (Business Nav)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey,

I have put songs on USB from itunes that are AAC and the song title come out double. One is " ._SONG TITLE ", which doesnt play and lower down is " SONG TITLE " which can play perfectly.

How do I avoid having the tracks " ._ " which don't play? So i dont have to scroll down past all " ._ SONG TITLE " to get to the ones that play?

BTW on computer when i read the files that are on the USB, it doen't show any " ._ SONG TITLE " why are they showing up then?

The same thing happens to Audi.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Thats weird, do you end up with two of each file on the USB stick when looking at it on a pc?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 03:52 AM   #3
Bruno28
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenN View Post
Thats weird, do you end up with two of each file on the USB stick when looking at it on a pc?
No, on PC i see only one. Even if i use a program that shows hidden files. It only shows up one of each
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #4
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

strange then, i used to have a fair few AAC's in my music collection, but i have recently converted most of them back to mp3's, cant say i ever saw this problem tho when playing them from USB. I just have the basic media system that comes with the MSport.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #5
Bruno28
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Initially i scroll through the " ._SONG TITLE " to show you.
I try and play it gives me that "Cannot Play Track"
Then it plays the tracks that dont have the " ._SONG TITLE "

Last edited by Bruno28; 02-14-2013 at 04:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:27 AM   #6
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Are these music tracks that you have bought through iTunes, or ones you have ripped from a CD within iTunes? If you have ripped them, it might be worth checking your rip settings in preferences, i had mine set to AAC Encoder - iTunes Plus and i never had a problem. I recently converted them back to MP3 tho as i found some devices wouldn't play them atall, was never an issue with the car though. As a test, you could try converting one file to the iTuens Plus format in iTunes. This can be done by changing the Import Settings in preferences, then find the file in your library within iTunes, then right click and choose (in this case) create AAC version (i think). You can then try converting it to an MP3, by again changing the import settings and right clicking (this time it will say create MP3 version).

I would create one of each type, change the names accordingly and see how they perform?

Im not familiar atall with the business nav, although i wonder whether these other files could be album art/info that the nav should be picking up? I never had this problem with my Golf MK6 either (just seen your note about the Audi)

On a side note, are you individually copying each file to the root of the USB? As the iDrive system will cope with your files in folders
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #7
Bruno28
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenN View Post
Are these music tracks that you have bought through iTunes, or ones you have ripped from a CD within iTunes? If you have ripped them, it might be worth checking your rip settings in preferences, i had mine set to AAC Encoder - iTunes Plus and i never had a problem. I recently converted them back to MP3 tho as i found some devices wouldn't play them atall, was never an issue with the car though. As a test, you could try converting one file to the iTuens Plus format in iTunes. This can be done by changing the Import Settings in preferences, then find the file in your library within iTunes, then right click and choose (in this case) create AAC version (i think). You can then try converting it to an MP3, by again changing the import settings and right clicking (this time it will say create MP3 version).

I would create one of each type, change the names accordingly and see how they perform?

Im not familiar atall with the business nav, although i wonder whether these other files could be album art/info that the nav should be picking up? I never had this problem with my Golf MK6 either (just seen your note about the Audi)

On a side note, are you individually copying each file to the root of the USB? As the iDrive system will cope with your files in folders
If i convert to MP3 it works well.
But i dont want to convert every single one of them.

I separate them into folders, cause i like having different tracks separated for different styles.
Eg: Rock/Pop Folder, Chillout Folder, Dance Folder.
Appreciate 0