BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > The Revolutionary....1. BMW Compactive Sports Tourer Concept

08-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #67
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Autobild have spoilt the surprise in some regards a few weeks early as they preview the 1er Compactive Sports Tourer in their latest issue.

No matter what you think about the concept, BMW's curent focus is on a product offensive and by that , concepts that can be conceived by extensive matrix sharing and the latest modular platforms.
The vehicles due from BMW over the next year are purely profit driven products.

The 1er Compactive Sports Tourer and the BMW 3er Gran Turismo will both be shown in concept form at the Paris Autoshow in September.
Marking the first spun-off models from the existing 1er and 3er portfolios.
And the first generation of a new profitable MINI family.
Hi Sott, i do hope this photoshop resembles nothing in real life, except a ford Smax with a mutated Touran face or so, but with this clown Adriaan in charge of design, you never know. T
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #68
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Autobild have spoilt the surprise in some regards a few weeks early as they preview the 1er Compactive Sports Tourer in their latest issue.
You do realize that you actually spoiled the surprise by admitting they spoiled the surprise.

BTW on looks alone I would take the Merc. Just sayin.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #69
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol01 View Post
wow that looks revolutionary but now I assume you can satisfy all your new chinese consumers.
A boring design indeed. It will appeal to people who's car interest is about meeting their needs for transportation. As much space as possible for their money.
At least I hope there are lots of technical goodies to be revealed, but I doubt it since it is supposed to be such a profit maker in a wider market than the traditional BMW customers.
      08-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #70
wolz
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: bmw F20 120d

Mother of god... what is going on? I don't know what to say...I hope this preview/render(?) is not accurate Ford S-max indeed. The hate-storm on the f20 was pretty massive... can't believe what reactions this will create then.

I'm confused.

Chevrolet comes to my mind... when they were on the edge of collaps, suddenly small chevrolet cars started to pop up in the euromarket. It was actually Daewoo-cars with a chevrolet badge on them. In a heart-beat decades of building a decent brand image/status was ruined. Quite drastic but if the option was to go that route or have the company go under/collapse I guess it had to be done.

Now bmw does the same thing? killing any feeling of "top of the line" premium associations to the brand etc. Not that it's a daewoo under there but it shouts low-budget. If they are on the edge of collaps I would not blame them. Do whatever is neccesary to save the brand. BUT, I don't think bmw is in that bad state? I don't know how the economy looks for bmw but seeing the news on the bimmer-post mainpage about sales record all the time makes me believe things are going fine and drastic measures like releaseing a s-max looker or a daewoo with a bmw badge should not be necesarry?!

oh well, guess the profit is never enough... gotta be even bigger, at any price obviously. This is crazy, yet funny
Appreciate 0