E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Everyone wants to race!!!

10-31-2005, 10:28 AM   #23
yu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho
There are a lot people want to race no matter what you drive; different cars attract different groups. But if you are not looking to be in trouble, better slow down and follow the law.
I concur.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 11:21 AM   #24
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy E90
So I have had my e90 330 sport manual for a while and the first few months people seemed to give me the knod or thumbs up. Now everytime when I pull up to a traffic light next to someone in a ricebox they seem to always wanna race me. I live in Blacksburg and go to Virginia Tech (College Town) and we have a rather large asian population. A lot of people here love their Acura's and Lexus's and Honda's. Thats fine with me. But everyone of them lately always seems to wanna race me. Today for example totally typical....this prelude pulls up next to me at a red light looks at me and revs his engine so of course I am like...I'm gonna make this guys sleep.... . So the light turns green and I smoke him. We pull up to the next red light next to each other. And he tries it again...I am like wtf??? Then 2 mins later this hot chic tries racing me in her brand new Jetta. I just dont get it.... Anyone else have similar experiences????

Bro every singel day even bmw i raced the old 540 3 days ago and its every car also
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 11:46 AM   #25
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

no, i am an old fart so I cannot take off very fast from a stand still in 1st gear with a manual. This is my first manual and I don't want the pressure of racing cause I am afraid I might screwed up my manual gears. How you guys/gals accelerate so fast on 1st gear? I get burn every time it not funny. I think I put BMW to shame with my 1st gear skill.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 11:57 AM   #26
yu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Anyone else not understand a word paintball pete says?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 12:04 PM   #27
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90driver
Everytime I see that photo, it hurts... You should warn us before posting.
photo replaced, sorry!

Last edited by ase2dais; 10-31-2005 at 12:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 12:07 PM   #28
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bmwdrvr
I'd like to see him race a STOCK M5 or M6, and in a race track, not just straight line. Wonder who would win?

Yeah...at about 3x the cost.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 12:10 PM   #29
peakpro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ex-Z4; now looking

Quote:
So I have had my e90 330 sport manual for a while and the first few months people seemed to give me the knod or thumbs up. Now everytime when I pull up to a traffic light next to someone in a ricebox they seem to always wanna race me. I live in Blacksburg and go to Virginia Tech (College Town) and we have a rather large asian population. A lot of people here love their Acura's and Lexus's and Honda's. Thats fine with me. But everyone of them lately always seems to wanna race me. Today for example totally typical....this prelude pulls up next to me at a red light looks at me and revs his engine so of course I am like...I'm gonna make this guys sleep.... . So the light turns green and I smoke him. We pull up to the next red light next to each other. And he tries it again...I am like wtf??? Then 2 mins later this hot chic tries racing me in her brand new Jetta. I just dont get it.... Anyone else have similar experiences????

I may be wrong but I think you go out of your way to attract these people.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 12:18 PM   #30
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by underDAWG
Don't they ban Asians in the South?
poors choice of words

....fyi those asians top schools in GPAs, good in business, has better homes and incomes, and are solid citizens.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 12:22 PM   #31
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakpro
Yeah...at about 3x the cost.
And that makes a difference how...? Once again, just making an observation on the comments "would sh*t on a BMW anyday" and "BMW is not for racing". Maybe he should have said the non-M, less expensive BMW's are not for racing
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 12:31 PM   #32
yu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Cars are a way of transportation from one place to another. Yes, everyone takes advantage of such a neccessity including myself. If you want to race, don't do it on the streets. I learned the hard way.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 12:48 PM   #33
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

hey, you want to race, take it to the drap strip and find out how fast your quater miles is and post it on this site, there is a thread for the fast quarter mile. peace!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 01:01 PM   #34
Cory1000
God
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

If YOU dont want to race, YOU dont have to but dont tell me what to do. If you dont like it dont drive on the streets.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 01:08 PM   #35
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 on Stands

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
poors choice of words

....fyi those asians top schools in GPAs, good in business, has better homes and incomes, and are solid citizens.
I know that. I am one of them
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 01:09 PM   #36
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB
ass
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 01:19 PM   #37
yu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A lot of BWM owners on here are like "done speed, follow local laws, hondas are crap and are nothing to a BMW, all the have are a bunch of stickers on then" thats BS, you are just acting like a typical BMW owner, get over it. BWM owners can RICE out there cars just as much as honda owners...there are a lot on this site that are riced out.. and as for street racing, it happens with all kinds of cars not just honda/acura...if you dont like it then dont do it, but dont bash on others that do, there are a lot of things out there that will kill you, but I dont hear you bitching about them too... God I hate stuck up BMW owners...
Quote:
If YOU dont want to race, YOU dont have to but dont tell me what to do. If you dont like it dont drive on the streets.
I didn't want to get into this... No one is telling anyone to do anything. We "stuck up BMW owners" are just showing concern if you can't see that. There are laws against street racing for a reason. I've already made a post about me getting a ticket for doing so. We're all grown people, or at least I'd like to think that, and I'd also like to think we can all make smart decisions especially if it may place other people's lives in danger. Yes, there are a lot of young drivers out there that will always have their "need for speed", but you have to learn to contain that urge. You can do what you please and I'm sure you will until something tragical happens. We're just telling you guys to drive responsibly. Streets aren't made for racing, so if you do it, you better hope nothing unfortunate happens.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 01:21 PM   #38
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bmwdrvr
I'd like to see him race a STOCK M5 or M6, and in a race track, not just straight line. Wonder who would win?
I would like to see a stock M5 or M6 race a Ferrari F490 and in a race track, not just straight line. Wonder who would win?

I would like to see a stock Ferrari F490 race Schumacher's F1 and in a race track, not just straight line. Wonder who would win?

I would like to see more informative posts on the forums and in a logical manner, not just worthless bilge. Wonder who would benefit?

EDIT: Street drags are churlish. It's no wonder kids in their 20's are the ones doing it. Now we even have 17-year old kids in highschool doing it. Wow. I even see kids wearing diapers on tricycles dragging each other on the streets. They're so special.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 01:44 PM   #39
Cory1000
God
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

now I know why BMW get the rep of being assholes....its because of asshole owners who think their shit dont stink...
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 01:57 PM   #40
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
I would like to see a stock M5 or M6 race a Ferrari F490 and in a race track, not just straight line. Wonder who would win?

I would like to see a stock Ferrari F490 race Schumacher's F1 and in a race track, not just straight line. Wonder who would win?

I would like to see more informative posts on the forums and in a logical manner, not just worthless bilge. Wonder who would benefit?

EDIT: Street drags are churlish. It's no wonder kids in their 20's are the ones doing it. Now we even have 17-year old kids in highschool doing it. Wow. I even see kids wearing diapers on tricycles dragging each other on the streets. They're so special.
You lost me there. I'm not sure what the Ferrari and F1 comment have anything to do with my bringing up the point that some BMW's ARE faast and ARE raceworthy to someone stating otherwise.
I did not mention anything about BMW's taking on those cars. We all know who would win. Sorry I actually had to explain my comment since you did not understand the point of it.
You do have a point about the cars mentioned but it has nothing to do with the oint I was trying to make.
Anyway, I agree with all the other posts about just plain not racing. I did it long ago, until I went to med school and started taking care of accident victims in the ICU. Just one brain dead person on a ventilator waiting to get their organs harvested will make you change your mind.
Drive safely and peace.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 02:18 PM   #41
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB
The F490 huh, must be some fancy updated version of the 430 that only you know about....
if I had an F430 I'd debadge so people didn't know I couldn't afford the good one
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 02:21 PM   #42
yu
Captain
United_States
Rep

I just have one last thing to say, then I'm done with this thread. If a person that is concerned about other people jeopardizing their and others' lives is an asshole, go ahead and call me one. I don't think anyone here agrees with you that racing should be allowed. You can do whatever you want, go drive around recklessly. I can't stop anyone from racing. I'm just concerned for not only those that race but also the innocent bystanders that may get involved. So I'm an asshole for caring. And one last word before I'm done: hypocrite. Good day.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 02:23 PM   #43
rebe1
Rep
Drives: n/a

Don't know about Blacksburg, but in my area, the majority of the BMW/German car buyers are asian and and there's so many BMW's on the road I don't think anyone gets excited enough to race a typical e90 330. I see people trying to race with other people driving 350z's, 997's, STi's, M3's, Vipers etc. (idiots), but not really with a typical 3 series.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2005, 02:28 PM   #44
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 on Stands

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebe1
Don't know about Blacksburg, but in my area, the majority of the BMW/German car buyers are asian and and there's so many BMW's on the road I don't think anyone gets excited enough to race a typical e90 330. I see people trying to race with other people driving 350z's, 997's, STi's, M3's, Vipers etc. (idiots), but not really with a typical 3 series.
Well..... you live a very metropolitian city. You folks have more high end cars than NorthAmerica made cars. Just like south OC, CA, driving an American Made vehicle is rare.

BTW, wlecome aboard.
Appreciate 0