BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > stop start

08-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
snowsmoke
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw f20

stop start

hi four times my f20 has started with out depressing the clutch, what is happening I have stopped put the car in neutral the stop start cuts the engine then after a few moments the engine turns on, when this happens the stop start symbol comes on the dash board as off I have only had the motor few months so im not too savvy.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #2
2msport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsmoke View Post
hi four times my f20 has started with out depressing the clutch, what is happening I have stopped put the car in neutral the stop start cuts the engine then after a few moments the engine turns on, when this happens the stop start symbol comes on the dash board as off I have only had the motor few months so im not too savvy.
There's a long list of criteria as to when the motor will shut off and turn back on. One of which is, "trying to keep the cabin at a set temp". Which is usually the culprit for starting the engine. (AC compressor does not run without the engine operating) Could be a few different reasons but that is one example. It's most likely doing what it's supposed to do
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2msport View Post
There's a long list of criteria as to when the motor will shut off and turn back on. One of which is, "trying to keep the cabin at a set temp". Which is usually the culprit for starting the engine. (AC compressor does not run without the engine operating) Could be a few different reasons but that is one example. It's most likely doing what it's supposed to do
Also happens when the battery gets too drained. You'll notice that start/stop does not work right after you start the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 12:03 AM   #4
jhon hilpher
Registered
Rep
Drives: corolla

its so wired really but wish you all the very best
Appreciate 0