BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > My 125i f20 is arriving next Friday =D

08-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d, 118d & 125i f20

My 125i f20 is arriving next Friday =D

Hi everyone,

This is Piero from Australia.

Just received a call from the BMW Canberra dealer and telling me my 125i is arriving next Friday!!

This really making my day

My current garage list is:
- 118d f20, since Dec 2011. Already got 20,000 km on the clock. This guy doesn't drink much. Really good for my job for extended range of travel to different locations for on site photoshot.
- 120d E83, traded in for the 125i.

Very very excited now.

Cheers,
Piero
      08-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Congrats! Mind sharing what specs u've got? My partner and I are actually in a market for a vehicle soon, so we are actually doing some homeworks atm
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
F20ROO
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F21 118d M Sport AW

Why did you choose the 125i?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
Patrick BMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Garage List
2016 BMW 430iAM-Sport  [0.00]
2012 125i  [9.00]
'cos it's the best !

Lucky dog....enjoy.
What's spec and don't you dare not post photos ok?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Congrats! Mind sharing what specs u've got? My partner and I are actually in a market for a vehicle soon, so we are actually doing some homeworks atm
- Sport Model
- Sport gear box
- M Performance brake
- Adaptive Steering

Zen, just for your reference, as you are living in Sydney, you can actually come order the car in Canberra, as if you buy your car in Canberra, you don't have to pay Stamp Duty which save you approximately $2k. You can still register your car as a NSW number plate. It is because the 125i is regard as a "green car" in ACT, so absolutely no stamp duty in ACT. You won't get this anywhere in Australia except Canberra.

If you wanna go ahead, I can hook you up with the sales manager here in Canberra. I brought around 3 BMW with him already and he always give me a decent discount

Cheers,
Piero

Last edited by pierokwong; 08-18-2012 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #6
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20ROO View Post
Why did you choose the 125i?
F20ROO, I actually have the 118d f20 already. The 118d will be my wife's car now.

125i's performance is really good! I tried the Golf GTI at the same time and and it really "ate" the GTI straight away.

135i is still not available in Australia yet. But when it's available, it's almost double up the price and gaining around 1 sec in performance. I believe 125i is a great bargain!!

Especially in terms of cornering. LOVE IT!!!

Cheers,
Piero
      08-18-2012, 05:57 AM   #7
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick BMW View Post
'cos it's the best !

Lucky dog....enjoy.
What's spec and don't you dare not post photos ok?
Partrick,

Of course will do =D I am a full time photog, so I guess will be some amazing photos coming up very soon.

Dealer just confirmed the car is ready for delivery on coming Friday.

Piero
      08-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierokwong View Post
- Sport Model
- Sport gear box
- M Performance brake
- Adaptive Steering

Zen, just for your reference, as you are living in Sydney, you can actually come order the car in Canberra, as if you buy your car in Canberra, you don't have to pay Stamp Duty which save you approximately $2k. You can still register your car as a NSW number plate. It is because the 125i is regard as a "green car" in ACT, so absolutely no stamp duty in ACT. You won't get this anywhere in Australia except Canberra.

If you wanna go ahead, I can hook you up with the sales manager here in Canberra. I brought around 3 BMW with him already and he always give me a decent discount

Cheers,
Piero
Hey Piero,

Pretty nice specs you have. When you meant M-Performance brakes, you mean those pretty brakes with the choice of 3 different color calipers? Do you mind disclosing your final driveaway price? I went to my local dealer yesterday and I was rather impress with the quality. It was a massive improvement from the old 1 series. However when I looked at the prices, they had a 118i & 118d for $65k!

Yeah I have heard that Canberra has no stamp duty on green cars which is bloody brilliant! If you could give me the details of the dealer that you bought it from, that would be great. I might give him a call when the time comes closer.

Cheers,
Zen
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Hi Piero
Congrads on the choice; the 125i M sport is the one to have (my opinion)

What colour and trim did you order?

For Zen's info, I am not sure what local taxes are in Sydney, my (expected soon) 125i M Sport was ($68,440 on road incl GST) up here in Brisvegas (after much haggling).
Be prepared to push the hard line, they are concerned over Merc offering incentives for people to put their name down on a A class. They initially tried to get 73,690 out of me. Mention that you are also interested in the new Merc A class if they do not play.

The 135i is available in Aus (advanced order), however the cost sheet showed a near $13,000 difference when the same items are included.

My Specs
125i M Sport
Estoril Blue
M brakes
Sport auto
Pro nav
HK
connectivity package
xenons
folding mirrors
M performance extras
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hey Piero,

Pretty nice specs you have. When you meant M-Performance brakes, you mean those pretty brakes with the choice of 3 different color calipers? Do you mind disclosing your final driveaway price? I went to my local dealer yesterday and I was rather impress with the quality. It was a massive improvement from the old 1 series. However when I looked at the prices, they had a 118i & 118d for $65k!

Yeah I have heard that Canberra has no stamp duty on green cars which is bloody brilliant! If you could give me the details of the dealer that you bought it from, that would be great. I might give him a call when the time comes closer.

Cheers,
Zen
Hi Zen,

Save my number on your phone 0402 507 658. I know the Sales manager in the Canberra dealership and they always give me excellent price!!! For the 118d (brought last year, still a keeper), I paid around $50k. For the 125i on it's way now, I paid $56k. Prices including all on-road. Don't use this price to bargain with your dealer tho, I don't wanna get my friend into trouble in Canberra.

I can go to the dealership with you if you like. I will making sure they look after you here as well.

Yes, I go for the blue M brake. I didn't realise they have different colours though. Really make a difference in stopping the car quickly.

With the saving on the car and no stamp duty, we are talking about some great bargain!!

btw, I have traded in my old 120d previous gen for the 125i. Huge improvement between the two models.

Cheers,
Piero
      08-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #11
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
Hi Piero

For Zen's info, I am not sure what local taxes are in Sydney, my (expected soon) 125i M Sport was ($68,440 on road incl GST) up here in Brisvegas (after much haggling).
Be prepared to push the hard line, they are concerned over Merc offering incentives for people to put their name down on a A class. They initially tried to get 73,690 out of me. Mention that you are also interested in the new Merc A class if they do not play.

The 135i is available in Aus (advanced order), however the cost sheet showed a near $13,000 difference when the same items are included.

My Specs
125i M Sport
Estoril Blue
M brakes
Sport auto
Pro nav
HK
connectivity package
xenons
folding mirrors
M performance extras
AusF20,

Wow, congrats on the new spec!!! Yours one is definitely the top of the range options!!!

I wanna order that as well. But if I custom one, waiting time will be early next year. So I just grab whatever the dealership have (already landed in Aus but waiting for clearance)

I paid around $56k on-road for my 125i. My dealer in Canberra always taking a great care for me

Piero
      08-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #12
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusF20 View Post
Hi Piero

My Specs
125i M Sport
Estoril Blue
M brakes
Sport auto
Pro nav
HK
connectivity package
xenons
folding mirrors
M performance extras
Nice specs you have there AusF20. That is pretty much the same spec I am thinking at the moment. What performance parts have you added so far?

I don't think I will be ready to pull the trigger yet, as there are a few nice hatchbacks (New Golf VII, Audi A3, Merc A Class) debuting next month, and after reading alot of reviews the A250 is a potential rival as well, but the bad thing is its a front wheel drive just like the rest of hot hatches from other manufacturers.

Although most are front wheel drive, but I am just seeing which one is offering the best value for money.

As for taxes, I don't think Sydney's taxes are any where as bad as WA or VIC. I just believe that my closest dealer (Trivett BMW) have vehicles in the showroom that are just over spec'd.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #13
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hi Zen,

Save my number on your phone 0402 507 658. I know the Sales manager in the Canberra dealership and they always give me excellent price!!! For the 118d (brought last year, still a keeper), I paid around $50k. For the 125i on it's way now, I paid $56k. Prices including all on-road. Don't use this price to bargain with your dealer tho, I don't wanna get my friend into trouble in Canberra.

I can go to the dealership with you if you like. I will making sure they look after you here as well.

Yes, I go for the blue M brake. I didn't realise they have different colours though. Really make a difference in stopping the car quickly.

With the saving on the car and no stamp duty, we are talking about some great bargain!!

btw, I have traded in my old 120d previous gen for the 125i. Huge improvement between the two models.

Cheers,
Piero
Thanks for that Piero, I will msg u if I am ready to purchase.

As for the brakes, you have opted the M-Sport Brakes which only comes in blue, unlike the M-Performance brakes, the calipers are painted in either Yellow, Orange and Red. Very different types of brakes, with a expensive price tag attach.

I am actually looking forward to you posting up pictures of your new baby when it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #14
F20MAW73
440i Gran Coupe, Auto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Nice one Piero, great spec.

Ps We are all expecting some quality pictures now you've disclosed your a professional photographer.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 01:28 AM   #15
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20MAW73 View Post
Nice one Piero, great spec.

Ps We are all expecting some quality pictures now you've disclosed your a professional photographer.

LOL, of course will do =D people from BMW like my photos as well
      08-19-2012, 01:32 AM   #16
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for that Piero, I will msg u if I am ready to purchase.

As for the brakes, you have opted the M-Sport Brakes which only comes in blue, unlike the M-Performance brakes, the calipers are painted in either Yellow, Orange and Red. Very different types of brakes, with a expensive price tag attach.

I am actually looking forward to you posting up pictures of your new baby when it arrives.
Sure mate, msg me when you are ready. I will hook you two up =D

About the brake, so which one is better?? As I cannot find any information about that at all. I was told the one I've order is the better brake That's a totally different callipers but not just blue paint with M.
      08-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #17
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
As for taxes, I don't think Sydney's taxes are any where as bad as WA or VIC. I just believe that my closest dealer (Trivett BMW) have vehicles in the showroom that are just over spec'd.
Zen,

Did you talk to Peter Leong over Trivett Parramatta? I know Peter there, let me know if you need me to have a quick word with him.

Coz the price they've quoted you sounds very expensive to me.

Piero
      08-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #18
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Piero,

As for the brakes, they are:
Stock - grey
M-Sport - blue
M-Performance - choice of red, yellow or orange

M-Sport is a $1500 upgrade I believe. While at the moment I don't think BMW AU have brought the M-Performance brakes over here yet (might be wrong about that!). But they will probably cost an arm and a leg when it arrivs. As for which is better, from my understand on these forums is that M-Sport brake kit is more than enough for your everyday use and with the odd occasion of taking your car to the track. M-Performance just provide less fading and better stopping performance on track when compared against the M-Sport and with the bling factor on the streets.

No I haven't spoke to anyone as everyone as it seems they were busy that day, so I just sat in the vehicle and looked at the prices in the showroom.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 07:43 AM   #19
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Piero,

As for the brakes, they are:
Stock - grey
M-Sport - blue
M-Performance - choice of red, yellow or orange

M-Sport is a $1500 upgrade I believe. While at the moment I don't think BMW AU have brought the M-Performance brakes over here yet
Thanks Zen. Saved me another call to ring up my dealer to ask them tomorrow.

Yes, I believe the M-Sport should work for me. Most of the time it runs inside some national parks and occasionally Wakefield race course. It's actually look identical to the one on the new M5 as well

Sounds like the M-Performance is the racing brake which can withstand the heat and maintain braking power for extended period of time.
      08-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #20
clfive02
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F25

Quote:
Hi Zen,

Cheers,
Piero
Sounds like you got a great deal Piero! Please post pictures of the car when you get it. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #21
pierokwong
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clfive02 View Post
Sounds like you got a great deal Piero! Please post pictures of the car when you get it. Congrats!
Clfive02,

I guess I am a good repeating client to this Canberra dealer. They always give me the best possible price and I don't even have the bargain for that The sales manager there is really really good.

Will post some photos here after picking up the 125. Very looking forward to it now.

btw, I can hook you guys up for your next BMW purchase as well =D

Piero
      08-20-2012, 04:04 AM   #22
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Looking at the BMW braking specs there is only a very small diference in stopping between the M Sport brakes and the BMW Performance units on road. There is a 'Big difference' on the race track specs.

BMW Performance brakes are also available in personal colours including E blue and matt black, but only through the 'BMW Individual' dealer's order book at considerable extra cost.
You can have all sorts of things on your Er, it is just a question of how much you want to spend.
Appreciate 0