BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Ceramic Pro protection

11-22-2014, 08:07 AM   #1
Roby_Croatia
Enlisted Member
Croatia
Rep
Drives: E81 2010 116d

Ceramic Pro protection

Guys, have any one try these product? It look great

http://ceramic-pro.com/

But I have a flow pipe
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
oldmancoyote
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i xDrive

I'm sceptical. Adhesion to glass, plastics and (painted) metal is surely going to be different; this means taking the car apart or masking a lot of it -> huge cost. Then, if it doesn't adhere or you don't like the effect "it can only be removed by abrasion".
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 09:25 PM   #3
AusF20/F48
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F20 125i MS, F48 XD25i

Without knowing what this product is chemically, it can be a bit risky to use some polymer based products on other material.
'Ceramic' is a widely used term in a lot of industries lately.
It is usually used to describe a harder material to that of the norm.
'Nano' is another catch word being used for everything from ground particles to just smaller than normal.
Most 'ceramics' use silica materials (inorganic, non-metallic, often crystalline oxides, nitrides or a carbide material).
Some other elements, such as carbon or silicon, may also be considered ceramics.
Ceramic materials are hard in compression, weak in shearing and tension, so they are usually encompassed in a binding (gluing) material such as polymer (short or long chain) in either fluid or chemically rigid depending on the application.
My concern is that these type of products have to be used on virgin surfaces with very specific processes to have the correct adhesion and you may not be able to use other products on them after.
If you have, or indeed your dealer has already used a polish or wax on the paint it may not take or react with the coating.
There are a lot of good Car products that are proven on the market that give a high degree of scratch protection and gloss.
No coating will protect against forced scratches or those car park 'door opening' or shopping trolley bandits that like to ding your panels.
I would wait and see if there are any real studies done by an independent authority first.

Last edited by AusF20/F48; 01-07-2015 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 04:55 AM   #4
Slyly
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F20 1.16

I have it on my car for two months now.

It gives a good shine and dair protection. The car is somewhat easier to clean, the interior does not stain (even my lil bro left the 3series windows down (he forgot) during it was snowing. even the steering was frozen. We shoveled the snow out and there was no wet on seat or other parts (ceramicpro is also applied to interior)). It is a bit more resistant to scratches. And the most important thing is i just used wipers 3 times (and they were single pushes) during the winter (snow and rain).

Firstly the water (snow) does not group up on the glass but rather stay as seperate small particles (like looking through a small dotted surface) so u dont see them unless there is a light on top of your car that reflects. And secondly they tend to fly upwards when u speed up.

And lastly (maybe just me) the incoming traffic does not disturb my eyes at nights as it used to be.

The guy also claimed that it would keep concrete and other road stuff out which did not happen with mine (tho when i told the guy about it he said he will take a look and reapply if necessary.

It also prevents bird poo and sun stains.

Hope my review applies.

Edit: the date (was weeks before now corrected to month).

Edit2: I also did not have the car washed for two months and it was actually easy to clean. One bucket just did it.

Edit3: The process takes 2 days. First day they clean the car to base paint and apply the ceramicpro and apply heat from a short distance and leave the car so for a night. Second day the interior.
Appreciate 0