BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Twitter Trainwreck

11-21-2022, 02:11 PM   #133
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
You got that Porsche Design COVID air filter?
Of course, only cost $4000, was on special!
Appreciate 2
NYG10967.50
DETRoadster11481.50
      11-21-2022, 02:13 PM   #134
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Exactly what I meant.
Again, those arent my political views they are simply factual events which did indeed happen Not sure how the quote can be taken as some form of opinion/view from me as I merely referenced real life events. I understand you lean a certain way (which is fine!) but there is still a difference between fact and opinion.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 02:14 PM   #135
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Of course, only cost $4000, was on special!
7th booster not included!
Appreciate 2
minn1914078.00
DrFerry6734.50
      11-21-2022, 02:33 PM   #136
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Again, those arent my political views they are simply factual events which did indeed happen Not sure how the quote can be taken as some form of opinion/view from me as I merely referenced real life events. I understand you lean a certain way (which is fine!) but there is still a difference between fact and opinion.
You equated [basically all] conservatives with people that favor the spreading of misinformation, and then went on to say because of Musk’s similar fondness for misinformation, conservatives are quick to defend him. Was that not the point of your posts?

You may consider that to be an “observation” but I’d say it was made through an extremely distorted lens and your bar is far too low to distinguish fact from opinion / insults.
DrFerry6734.50
________4163.50
NYG10967.50
      11-21-2022, 02:48 PM   #137
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

lol EBITDA, what a bullshit metric
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 03:33 PM   #138
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
You equated [basically all] conservatives with people that favor the spreading of misinformation, and then went on to say because of Musk’s similar fondness for misinformation, conservatives are quick to defend him. Was that not the point of your posts?

You may consider that to be an “observation” but I’d say it was made through an extremely distorted lens and your bar is far too low to distinguish fact from opinion / insults.
Go back and re-read my posts. I did no such thing in terms of equating all conservatives to misinformation spreaders. But yes, my point was that Musk has recently become a conservative "hero" of sorts based on all the aforementioned events.

The events I singled out, admittedly, do not paint conservatives or Elon in a flattering light which is likely why you and others are taking umbrage. But nonetheless, these things happened and I have not distorted nor twisted anything. If you can point to something I said which is untruthful I am happy to acknowledge and discuss.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 04:08 PM   #139
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Go back and re-read my posts. I did no such thing in terms of equating all conservatives to misinformation spreaders. But yes, my point was that Musk has recently become a conservative "hero" of sorts based on all the aforementioned events.

The events I singled out, admittedly, do not paint conservatives or Elon in a flattering light which is likely why you and others are taking umbrage. But nonetheless, these things happened and I have not distorted nor twisted anything. If you can point to something I said which is untruthful I am happy to acknowledge and discuss.
Just drop it. Nothing good is going to come from further discussion about your previous posts.
________4163.50
NYG10967.50
      11-21-2022, 04:17 PM   #140
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
The same investors that caused the 07-08 crisis?

I need to find your flavor of Kool-Aid, it must be better than anything I can find.
Maybe investor isn’t the right word, as he bought the company and is running it.

How many of your “investors” ran any companies in 08?

He didn’t buy Twitter shares to speculate…
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 04:25 PM   #141
________
________
Rep

Quote:
You’ll never understand because you are not seeing it and are not willing/looking to see.
Every question you asked was rhetorical and somewhat sarcastic. Especially when you put that “confused” emoji…

What you’re posting is your opinion, not facts. And your opinion is that of one side of the political spectrum, the side that is butthurt Musk took over Twitter. That’s what I meant by “now we know where you stand politically, and that shapes your responses”. Still true.

A difference between fact and opinion is when you can prove it.

Calling someone “misinformation spreader” is loaded enough to know where you stand…
Appreciate 3
RickFLM411000.00
M3WC3648.00
DrFerry6734.50
      11-21-2022, 04:30 PM   #142
________
________
Rep

Actually this thread is a good example of why the politics thread got shut down… we suddenly start seeing who affiliates with one train of thought or another, and start building a negative mental image of folks.

If we can just talk G80 grille it’s better, because then we don’t normally judge people’s characters by whether they like those grilles (you know who you are) or those that don’t (you know who you are). LOL

See you guys next year. I’m off buying pens to write that book on company management, but I have to wait to do so to use Musk as a case.

Cheerios
Appreciate 4
gatorfast5023.00
RickFLM411000.00
minn1914078.00
DrFerry6734.50
      11-21-2022, 04:34 PM   #143
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Even if Musk is able to pull this off with Twitter and the outcome is tons of growth, immense wealth for investors, a better social media platform, etc I don't believe his approach is the right thing to do. Getting a great outcome should not be done by leaving a path of destruction along the way. And don't tell me what he is doing is the only way to do it.

But there are normal human beings (I tend to think I'm one of those) and then there are people like Musk who seems to intend to want to run the universe: transportation disrupter, space travel, and now wants to influence/dominate social media communications.....

Maybe there are a bunch of people out there that are simply obsessed with Musk that want to work with him and will do exactly what he wants and that's how me makes all it work.

He is a fascinating person for sure but I would never work at any of his companies.
KRS_SN13719.00
chris7197383.00
Gritty374.50
minn1914078.00
mc-m3216.00
      11-21-2022, 04:46 PM   #144
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
You’ll never understand because you are not seeing it and are not willing/looking to see.
Every question you asked was rhetorical and somewhat sarcastic. Especially when you put that “confused” emoji…

What you’re posting is your opinion, not facts. And your opinion is that of one side of the political spectrum, the side that is butthurt Musk took over Twitter. That’s what I meant by “now we know where you stand politically, and that shapes your responses”. Still true.

A difference between fact and opinion is when you can prove it.

Calling someone “misinformation spreader” is loaded enough to know where you stand…
I think this is the pot calling the kettle black here. I posted the confused emoji but I was legitimately confused as what "opinion" I was expressing or what I said that was incorrect. I personally do not care about Twitter or Elon Musk for that matter (though I certainly appreciate he is one of the great minds and entrepreneurs of our time). My original post was simply pointing out the polarization and "my team vs your team" attitude that dominates peoples thoughts now.

As for your highlighted sentence, I 100% agree with you there. Referring to Trump and Elon as "misinformation spreaders" in the context I brought up is 100% factually correct. Using Twitter, Trump spread misinformation on the validity of the 2020 election (among other things) and Elon propagated an unfounded rumor about the attack on Pelosi's husband. This has nothing to do with conservative or liberal politics. These are actual, verifiable events that occurred in real life. Surely you agree no?

Anyway, I know you and the other posters taking exception to what I am saying probably think I am some woke liberal out to get you or something. I assure you that is not the case. But your comment about fact vs opinion I think hit on a bigger problem in the current climate which is that facts are no longer agreed as facts (which is scary). I am not sure why my posts, which were intended to be truthful and respectful, elicited name calling from you, but I can see this conversation has run its course.
Appreciate 2
minn1914078.00
      11-21-2022, 04:55 PM   #145
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Even if Musk is able to pull this off with Twitter and the outcome is tons of growth, immense wealth for investors, a better social media platform, etc I don't believe his approach is the right thing to do. Getting a great outcome should not be done by leaving a path of destruction along the way. And don't tell me what he is doing is the only way to do it.

But there are normal human beings (I tend to think I'm one of those) and then there are people like Musk who seems to intend to want to run the universe: transportation disrupter, space travel, and now wants to influence/dominate social media communications.....

Maybe there are a bunch of people out there that are simply obsessed with Musk that want to work with him and will do exactly what he wants and that's how me makes all it work.

He is a fascinating person for sure but I would never work at any of his companies.
Great post. I concur.
Appreciate 2
JMcLellan2118.50
Gritty374.50
      11-21-2022, 04:57 PM   #146
________
________
Rep

Quote:
I think this is the pot calling the kettle black here. I posted the confused emoji but I was legitimately confused as what "opinion" I was expressing or what I said that was incorrect. I personally do not care about Twitter or Elon Musk for that matter (though I certainly appreciate he is one of the great minds and entrepreneurs of our time). My original post was simply pointing out the polarization and "my team vs your team" attitude that dominates peoples thoughts now.

As for your highlighted sentence, I 100% agree with you there. Referring to Trump and Elon as "misinformation spreaders" in the context I brought up is 100% factually correct. Using Twitter, Trump spread misinformation on the validity of the 2020 election (among other things) and Elon propagated an unfounded rumor about the attack on Pelosi's husband. This has nothing to do with conservative or liberal politics. These are actual, verifiable events that occurred in real life. Surely you agree no?

Anyway, I know you and the other posters taking exception to what I am saying probably think I am some woke liberal out to get you or something. I assure you that is not the case. But your comment about fact vs opinion I think hit on a bigger problem in the current climate which is that facts are no longer agreed as facts (which is scary). I am not sure why my posts, which were intended to be truthful and respectful, elicited name calling from you, but I can see this conversation has run its course.
So isn’t you saying I name called you “misinformation”? Is it a fact or an opinion?

PS: I don’t agree (answering your question)
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 07:23 PM   #147
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
If we can just talk G80 grille it’s better, because then we don’t normally judge people’s characters by whether they like those grilles (you know who you are) or those that don’t (you know who you are). LOL
I know politics are not allowed, but I would love to do blind polls of G80 grille opinion vs things like age and political affiliation to see if there is any correlation.
Appreciate 2
________4163.50
minn1914078.00
      11-21-2022, 07:25 PM   #148
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I know politics are not allowed, but I would love to do blind polls of G80 grille opinion vs things like age and political affiliation to see if there is any correlation.
You might be on to something. And I don’t think it’d be political in nature (I.e. nobody would be defending their political views).

Post it up, I’ll vote!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 08:55 PM   #149
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
I wonder if there's much to be learned. Still, I'll play – huge fan of polls, here!

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to help, as at the moment my age is the only one of the three that is clear and fixed. I suggest including "Don't Care!" among the options.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 09:06 PM   #150
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
I wonder if there's much to be learned. Still, I'll play – huge fan of polls, here!

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to help, as at the moment my age is the only one of the three that is clear and fixed. I suggest including "Don't Care!" among the options.
How dare you assume my age…
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 09:06 AM   #151
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8

Quote:

He's not really a conservative hero - he's just a hero of capitalism. He's proving that the private sector will always be superior to the public sector even with its' flaws.

DeSantis is a conservative hero, not Musk.
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25271.50
RickFLM411000.00
M5Rick61583.00
      11-22-2022, 06:08 PM   #152
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Lol, this is some boomer nonsense if I've ever seen it. Comparing TikTok videos to opioids and fentanyl. TikTok won't even be popular in 10 years.
Okay? But a different SM app will be. I'm not even a boomer. Thanks for trying to insult me
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 06:12 PM   #153
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
https://www.businessinsider.com/tesl...laints-2022-11
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 06:34 PM   #154
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
So he's a dick? Quit.

I've never understood these whiny employees. Whenever I've had a shit job I didn't like I found a new job. They must be getting something that makes it worth staying. They either like the $$ or the perks or they just enjoy whining and that's why they stay.
Appreciate 6
RickFLM411000.00
________4163.50
vreihen1615548.50
dradernh4485.00
DrFerry6734.50