BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Cryptocurrency

01-29-2022, 10:24 PM   #1
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Cryptocurrency

I've become very intrigued recently with cryptocurrency. I am very green but trying to learn as much as I can.

Since I spend a fair amount of time on this page (especially as I await my G80 xdrive), I figured, why not start this thread…

I have lots of questions to those knowledgeable. *This thread wasn't created to debate whether or not it's a good investment strategy or not. *

So it's January, 2022.

What are some intriguing short term buys?
Long term buys?

What wallet does everyone like for storage? App based (I have used exodus) and hardware (leaning towards ledger)? If you don't use one, where do you store your crypto?

What are some good resources to learn more about cryptocurrency? YouTube channel? Book? Web page? Reddit?

What do you know about the metaverse and where do you see yourself investing within it (if you are thinking about it)?

Currently, I hold xrp, xlm, Hbar, and Algo primarily. I also have some Shib but who know where that "meme coin" will end up.

I hope we can all learn from each other on this topic and who knows? Make some money!

Let's discuss!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-29-2022, 11:39 PM   #2
markosvaba
Registered
Serbia
Rep
Drives: BMW f20

Reddit, youtube is good. But buy BTC and hold 10years. Sure profit
Appreciate 2
      01-30-2022, 12:02 AM   #3
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

PULSE and PULSEX
Some Shitcoins Moonbags
But mostly in BTC
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00
      01-30-2022, 05:30 PM   #4
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 09:31 PM   #5
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Good thing you're asking now, and not say a couple months ago.

I'm no expert and no financial advisor, but I think BTC is going to hit high 20s before this carnage is over. I'd wait a bit as you might be able to pick up the coins for even cheaper in the next month or so. There's really no catalyst to buy right now, retail isn't buying and with Powell threatening to take away the punch bowl in March the easy money days are gone (I'm of the opinion they can't raise rates for long as the debt is so huge that will cause it's own problems, we're going to pay for the sins of 2007/2008 one day or another. It's been a looooong time since we've had a market without incredible Fed intervention, and if they do stop buying the bubbles are going to pop all over the place. Crypto is a HUGE bubble imho).

I dumped all my crypto once BTC was 10% off the ATH, and I've been waiting patiently to get back in (the latest ATH was the weakest one ever btw, it was a joke honestly). Almost jumped at around $33k BTC this week, but like I said I think it will still hit high 20s before we're done with this selloff so I held off. I also expect ETH to hit $1,500 and will be a buyer again there too.

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly buy a bit higher to avoid the potential final flush which I think is coming.
Appreciate 2
RockinPA4854.00
Kilabyte3948.00
      01-30-2022, 10:13 PM   #6
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post

I'm no expert and no financial advisor, but I think BTC is going to hit high 20s before this carnage is over. I'd wait a bit as you might be able to pick up the coins for even cheaper in the next month or so. There's really no catalyst to buy right now, retail isn't buying and with Powell threatening to take away the punch bowl in March the easy money days are gone (I'm of the opinion they can't raise rates for long as the debt is so huge that will cause it's own problems, we're going to pay for the sins of 2007/2008 one day or another. It's been a looooong time since we've had a market without incredible Fed intervention, and if they do stop buying the bubbles are going to pop all over the place. Crypto is a HUGE bubble imho).

I dumped all my crypto once BTC was 10% off the ATH, and I've been waiting patiently to get back in (the latest ATH was the weakest one ever btw, it was a joke honestly). Almost jumped at around $33k BTC this week, but like I said I think it will still hit high 20s before we're done with this selloff so I held off. I also expect ETH to hit $1,500 and will be a buyer again there too.

If I'm wrong, I'll gladly buy a bit higher to avoid the potential final flush which I think is coming.
Lol. Yeah- I don't own any etherium or btc just yet. Just the ones I listed above.
Do you own any of those little guys? Or any other "alt coins" as I believe they're referred to?

I have to think you're spot on in your assessment- thinking the two big guys haven't yet hit rock bottom. I'll definitely wait on those before considering putting some money in.

It's definitely an interesting space! Thanks for weighing in dude! I appreciate any/ all advice
Appreciate 1
NickyC17509.50
      01-31-2022, 11:13 AM   #7
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

When crypto announced they were buying the LA sport arena (or whatever happened there) I jumped in on them, and Sandbox.
Using the crypto app

I'm down about 20% right now, but only waiting for a bit more dip to drop some more in. Certainly not going to sell anytime soon.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00
      01-31-2022, 11:39 AM   #8
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post

This is so far over my head I need a translator. Just goes to show how far off the pulse I am.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17509.50
      01-31-2022, 07:15 PM   #9
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

The one to get in right now ---> https://www.griftcoin.biz/
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00
      01-31-2022, 08:15 PM   #10
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
The one to get in right now ---> https://www.griftcoin.biz/
Holy Cow 😂
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 09:39 PM   #11
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
This is so far over my head I need a translator. Just goes to show how far off the pulse I am.
You and me both.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 04:27 AM   #12
aroundworld
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

I think that with the help of cryptocurrency you can easily earn money. I bought my first bitcoins 10 years ago. Also have etherium ... I am no longer mining and just buying / selling.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00
      02-08-2022, 01:25 PM   #13
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I don't want to brag here, but I just made $600 on crypto in less than a week with only a $2K investment, so I'm sort of a big deal around these parts.

Ask me anything and I guarantee I can give you some pretty bad advice that you shouldn't follow.

This is all in jest - while I did make that money, I don't see crypto as an investment.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00
      02-10-2022, 11:36 AM   #14
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I don't want to brag here, but I just made $600 on crypto in less than a week with only a $2K investment, so I'm sort of a big deal around these parts.

Ask me anything and I guarantee I can give you some pretty bad advice that you shouldn't follow.

This is all in jest - while I did make that money, I don't see crypto as an investment.
Did you actually sell at that inflated price?

I'm up a few $ on my original $500 investment, but as volatile as it all is, unless something has been deposited in my bank as cash, I haven't made any money yet.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00
      02-10-2022, 12:13 PM   #15
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did you actually sell at that inflated price?

I'm up a few $ on my original $500 investment, but as volatile as it all is, unless something has been deposited in my bank as cash, I haven't made any money yet.
Yeah, I sold to realize the gain.

But then the next day I dumped it all back in again lol. So it doesn't really count.

I'm just doing this with money that won't hurt if it goes belly up.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00
      02-11-2022, 01:07 PM   #16
NoMoreVauxhalls
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M Sport

Around three years ago I bought 12 different alt-coins spending around £100 - £150 on each. Didn’t want to spend too much, so my idea was to load up on the low-priced coins (such as IOT, ADA, Ripple, etc.) with the hope that, in the future, one of these would 'spike'.

My portfolio of coins has been up and down since then – mainly down - until a few months back. One of the coins I invested in is MANA - the ‘native’ cryptocurrency in virtual reality-based Decentraland. I had no idea about all of that at the time - I just bought a random selection of cheap coins and this was one of them... So that was just a bit of luck, there.

MANA has seen a lot of gains recently as Decentraland is linked to the metaverse, which Mark Zuckerberg/Meta (Facebook) has been talking up recently. Right now, MANA is the stellar performer in my little portfolio – plan is to hang onto everything for another 7 or 8 years, and sell them all on my 60th birthday lol. If this metaverse thing starts taking off, they might be worth a little more than now. We’ll see...
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00
      02-18-2022, 09:25 PM   #17
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2022, 10:14 PM   #18
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep

This one is a sure thing.
Get in now before you can't afford it.

https://pabloescobar.com/
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00
      02-19-2022, 01:29 PM   #19
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Thanks everyone. I'm going to check these out.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2022, 04:51 PM   #20
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
I currently hold twenty small market cap coins. I researched these and arrived at the conclusion these coins had a future because of who the team was and I understood (as best I could) and agreed with how they wanted the coin to be used; and decided to put it in my portfolio. I look for coins that I can buy and sell, are relatively new and generally worth less than a dollar.

A coins' webpage is a good place to start - check out who is behind the coin. A red flag is a lack of info on their site. I don't want to put my money in some fly-by-night operation.

I want to know who they are - are they degreed, respected professionals or they some shadowy group of wannabes. Ideally you want to see pictures with names and degrees attached to a summary of their accomplishments and prior work history.

Next I want to know what the coin is about - also should be plenty of info about vision or roadmaps or some such terminology on the site. You don't have to understand it all but your BS detector shouldn't be going off.

Something else to look at is what has the industry done with the coin - is it ignored or accepted? What exchanges is it on? Are they partnered with anybody? Are there any articles in any coin magazines?

Oh, one more thing - if you find a fresh coin that has a good group of people, a clear vision and industry acceptance - buy and hold. Don't sell. Give it time.

Crypto is still brand new and good, solid coins are popping up all the time. You are not too late. I am not a professional and take this advice with a grain of salt. This is just my personal approach to investing in new coins.
      03-25-2022, 10:36 PM   #21
435eye
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i, Honda Civic SI Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post
I've become very intrigued recently with cryptocurrency. I am very green but trying to learn as much as I can.

Since I spend a fair amount of time on this page (especially as I await my G80 xdrive), I figured, why not start this thread…

I have lots of questions to those knowledgeable. *This thread wasn't created to debate whether or not it's a good investment strategy or not. *

So it's January, 2022.

What are some intriguing short term buys?
Long term buys?

What wallet does everyone like for storage? App based (I have used exodus) and hardware (leaning towards ledger)? If you don't use one, where do you store your crypto?

What are some good resources to learn more about cryptocurrency? YouTube channel? Book? Web page? Reddit?

What do you know about the metaverse and where do you see yourself investing within it (if you are thinking about it)?

Currently, I hold xrp, xlm, Hbar, and Algo primarily. I also have some Shib but who know where that "meme coin" will end up.

I hope we can all learn from each other on this topic and who knows? Make some money!

Let's discuss!
For hardware wallet I use the Ledger Nano S and no complaints so far, though I only hold 6 coins. Since I'm in Canada I started by watching the Crypto For Canadians channel on YouTube. There's a lot of Canada and Ontario-specific content, but he also goes over fundamental concepts and he does a great job of posting update videos as things change and certain content/advice becomes obsolete.

I recommend CoinMarketCap if you're looking for an app to keep track of your portfolio and record transactions.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00
      03-26-2022, 02:10 AM   #22
E93_Savage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 73 240z , 09 335i

45mil SHIBA just holding for now I'm up triple my investment until it moves bought in last year early though.
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4854.00