BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > My EB F21 125i M-Sport - arrived at the dealership!

12-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #45
XavVD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 125i M Sport (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam
Our 116i has 10400 km on the odometer, and it seems to have a slightly louder exhaust note at wide open throttle than when it was new. Maybe that happens to your car as well.

When I apply throttle, the engine starts to pull immediately, but it is not powerful without turbo boost. After about one second it has built up pressure, and pulls with its full potential. I find that delay rather annoying if I try to drive fast around tight corners, or try to drive sideways on tarmac. Maybe I will adopt my driving style to suit the engine in the future.
Same here, my 125i has 10,000km and I noticed a change in the exhaust note. It sounds much hoarser now and no need to go so much in rpm's to make the car talkative, only a gear change is a pleasure for the ears...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #46
rickk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E39 M5, F56E Mini Cooper SE

Some acceleration clips, 0-100 and 0-200 km/h.

Here I use the "launch control" feature as discussed in http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=779446 .

Accelerator fully depressed, car keeps revs around 3500, I just pop the clutch and go.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #47
rickk
Private First Class
Rep

Me and my wife just spent 3 weeks with the F21, on a 4000km kind of road trip / ultimate break-in journey / pilgrimage to Munchen.

We went to the Nurburgring, B500 Schwarzwaldhochstrasse, Route Napoleon, French & Italian Riviera, Tuscany, Venice, Grossglockner Alpinhochstrasse, Salzburg, Munich and finally a 700 km Autobahn blast back home to the Netherlands.

The trip turned out to be pretty epic and the car has been GREAT throughout. It's flies on the Autobahn, it's small enough for the city and on those mountain roads it's really a dream, the way the car dances from corner to corner.

Had a few days with 8 hours of driving in it and usually I was sad that we had reached our destination. Great seats. Climate and satnav also worked fine, and speed limit info never seemed to be wrong.

Best drive was the route Napoleon between Grenoble and Cannes, trying to keep up with an Italian delivery van . Something in that road for everyone. Most scenic was the Grossglockner, stunning views. The most boring was North-East Italy around Venice, and the most challenging were definitely the parking garages in France.

High point of the journey was the factory tour in Munich. We had booked Regensburg but came an hour late due to heavy traffic, so we had to wait until a slot became available in Munich, which fortunately happened. It was great to see the robots working their magic to build an F30 every 67 seconds. You get close to all the action and the tourguide seemed to know every little detail and fact of BMW production to a point information overload. Highly recommended.

Booked an E92 M3 with BMW on Demand in Munich, but unfortunately it was damaged and they offered me a fully loaded M6 convertible for the same price instead. Drove that around southern Bavaria (around the lakes and up the Tatzelwurm) and while it was fun, I sometimes wished I was driving the 125i on those roads. While the M6 is ofcourse insanely fast and capable, it all becomes a bit "Playstation". No real sense of speed, until you need to brake hard.. Then you'll find that you were indeed going 200+ kph and that you're in a big heavy car. Had a few butt clenching moments, but fortunately it had a button for that too, seats with butt massage.

All in all extremely happy with the F21, and the only other Estoril Blue F2xs I came across were at BMW Welt, so.. it's not as common as the forums might lead you to believe.

(Saw quite a number of CLAs though. I must say it looks good with all the AMG bits on. But FWD, so who cares!)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #48
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Nice

My wife and I recently had a 4000+ km trip to Bayern with the F20 as well. Started out with a track weekend in eastern Norway, and we had our bases in Göteborg, Celle, Nürburgring, Bad Gögging, Praha, Berlin and back to Norway through Denmark. We were very pleased with the car for this purpose.

We didn't go for any factory tours, as I spend plenty of time watching those robots work (I am one of those guys making them work) when I'm there on duty.

We did get the chance to see the peak of the flood in Praha and Dresden, though.
(Picture album with Norwegian comments can be found here for those interested: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=613622034f)

I have gone along most of your trail before, and I particularly like those mountain passes. Grossglockner is one the best.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #49
phoenixrush
Rep
Drives: M135i

Interesting post, you seem to be a nice guy who enjoys his nice car
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #50
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

Very nice roads, very nice car
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 02:04 AM   #51
Bradbury
Vroooooom!
Norway
Rep
Drives: F20 120d

Garage List
I have 23 days of vacation coming up, and 18 of which will be spent in Spain without my beloved car. Right now I almost wish I'd rather go on a road trip through Europe...
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #52
rickk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
My wife and I recently had a 4000+ km trip to Bayern with the F20 as well.
I have gone along most of your trail before, and I particularly like those mountain passes. Grossglockner is one the best.
I agree, a few more snaps:

Going over the Alps is a lot nicer than through them, I don't think I'll be using any of the large tunnels anytime soon....

Fortunately my wife really liked them too, considering she is quite afraid of heights and especially spirited driving next to them Good thing, as I really miss driving the F21 on these roads, in the Netherlands all roads are flat, square and crowded

For the next trip I'll probably will try to catch the Stelvio and a bit of the Dolomites.

Your trip looks nice too, I really like Berlin, maybe my favorite city in the world. As for the floods, we heard about them a few days prior to crossing the Grossglockner and the pass was closed for days due to snowstorms, luckily things cleared up just before we drove north!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #53
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Stelvio and the Dolomites are also very nice.
Appreciate 0