BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > Coding KOMBI module on M135i F21

07-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #1
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Coding KOMBI module on M135i F21

I have made some coding changes on a 2014 M135i F21 with the black panel display option. One of the changes was to the KOMBI module to enable digital speed display, another was to change the logo on the display.

Now both the coded options are enabled fine, but the outside temperature display shows 38 degrees C. Now it is warm here but not 38 C, maybe 25 C.

Is this something I should be concerned about or will it sort itself out after the car has been asleep for a little while?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #2
bart67
Registered
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
I have made some coding changes on a 2014 M135i F21 with the black panel display option. One of the changes was to the KOMBI module to enable digital speed display, another was to change the logo on the display.

Now both the coded options are enabled fine, but the outside temperature display shows 38 degrees C. Now it is warm here but not 38 C, maybe 25 C.

Is this something I should be concerned about or will it sort itself out after the car has been asleep for a little while?

Thanks,
Coded my M135i with no problems, never saw the outside temp problem you mention.

After coding and the idrive etc. reboots, the only thing that ever happens is the saved settings on the buttons dissapear and you just have to re-save your favourites again.

Did it go away after the car went to sleep or do you still have a temp reading problem ?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 07:23 AM   #3
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart67 View Post
Coded my M135i with no problems, never saw the outside temp problem you mention.

After coding and the idrive etc. reboots, the only thing that ever happens is the saved settings on the buttons dissapear and you just have to re-save your favourites again.

Did it go away after the car went to sleep or do you still have a temp reading problem ?
Yes, after a while, several hours, the temperature came back to a more normal level and has been fine ever since. Gave me a bit of a scare though on a very new car.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2014, 02:42 AM   #4
RichieM135i
Rep

Where do u get this KOMBI module?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 05:32 AM   #5
Tr0y
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F33 428i M Sport Convertible

I had this on my F33, it took a little while but returned to normal every time I coded.

I have two theories, one is that the sensor is hot from having the engine running while coding, the other is that it is because the module has been reset and it is a quirk of the software.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 02:05 AM   #6
dishy
Private First Class
Rep

Can you guys post pictures of what you've done? I think I know what you're referring to but not quite sure what you mean. Pics would help describe / boast about your changes
Appreciate 0