BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Night and parking halos not individually codeable

04-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
Lehn
Rep
Drives: F20 120d M Sport

Night and parking halos not individually codeable

Hi

I haves succeeded to code my night halos to be 100% bright and now the problem is that the parking lights are adjusted to be same brightness as the night halos.

It is pretty annoying when you walk to the car in the dark and almost get blinded by the parking light because it's 100% bright and not eg. 50%.

I tried to code the parking light as marked with red in the image, but they still follows the night halo brightness.

Any ideas?

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 04:19 PM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehn View Post
the problem is that the parking lights are adjusted to be same brightness as the night halos.

I tried to code the parking light as marked with red in the image, but they still follows the night halo brightness.
Aren't they just the same thing?

Another "technical" point: is what you refer to as "parking lights" exactly the same thing as what the manual does (page 84), not "side lights" (page 83)?

But anyway

Quote:
It is pretty annoying when you walk to the car in the dark and almost get blinded by the parking light because it's 100% bright and not eg. 50%.
It's so damn nice you've noticed that! Do you really have to offer that to others then?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 01:21 AM   #3
Lehn
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Aren't they just the same thing?

Another "technical" point: is what you refer to as "parking lights" exactly the same thing as what the manual does (page 84), not "side lights" (page 83)?

But anyway

It's so damn nice you've noticed that! Do you really have to offer that to others then?
There are so many possibilities when coding and I just don't understand that this isn't possible - thats why I asked my question and are looking for good constructive replies

And regarding your last comment, many other cars are driving with just as bright halos/leds which is not a problem because you get used to the light from other cars when driving and therefore don't notice it as much as when you walk in darkness and unlock your car.
      04-14-2016, 02:20 AM   #4
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Are you allowed to drive around with only the rings lit up at night in Denmark? I thought you had to switch the normal headlights on.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 02:28 AM   #5
Lehn
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
Are you allowed to drive around with only the rings lit up at night in Denmark? I thought you had to switch the normal headlights on.
No not at all, of course the xenon light is also on at night, but right now I'm just focused on getting the halos to be adjustable for each light setting (DRL, night, parking)
      04-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #6
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
many other cars are driving with just as bright halos/leds
"If there's just one there are too many."

Quote:
you get used to the light from other cars when driving and therefore don't notice it as much
Why do you bother then? You can get used to many things, not necessarily right or worthy. The factory setting should be reasonable. It can be a matter of premature fatigue (for your battery as well) rather then direct annoyance. Your case appears legal at least, but some people clearly overestimate the attention they deserve instead of paying it to others.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 12:44 PM   #7
Lehn
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
"If there's just one there are too many."
Why do you bother then? You can get used to many things, not necessarily right or worthy. The factory setting should be reasonable. It can be a matter of premature fatigue (for your battery as well) rather then direct annoyance. Your case appears legal at least, but some people clearly overestimate the attention they deserve instead of paying it to others.
Why? Because it looks cool as hell, and that's enough reason for me

But don't worry, if you're not from Denmark the chances for us meeting on the road are nearly zero