BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Getting my hands on an M Performance Exhaust (Aus)

05-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #1
Lach135
Rep
Drives: Estoril M135i

Getting my hands on an M Performance Exhaust (Aus)

I sent an email to a dealer in Brisbane asking for a quote on getting the M Performance 'zorst fitted to my M135i thinking I'd get a ballpark and then source the part myself online - however the dealer came back saying the part is not ADR approved and therefore no dealer would be willing to fit it...

I've had a look on the Internet and can't seem to find anyone who sells the part either?

Anyone know any websites that will ship the exhaust to Australia?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 02:55 AM   #2
aus_ogi
Rep
Drives: M135i

I'm also interested in the M Performance exhaust. Still dont have he car though! (Its on he boat)?

Please keep the thread updated with the outcome.

Do you know if fitting the exhaust would void warrantee since it is not dealer fitted?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 03:08 AM   #3
Lach135
Rep
Drives: Estoril M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus_ogi View Post
I'm also interested in the M Performance exhaust. Still dont have he car though! (Its on he boat)?

Please keep the thread updated with the outcome.

Do you know if fitting the exhaust would void warrantee since it is not dealer fitted?

What part is Australia are you in? Car gonna be here soon?

I would've thought that because its a BMW part it wouldn't void the warranty, and even if it does it would only void it for the exhaust wouldn't it? Like if something goes wrong deep in your engine they're not going to come back and say "oh that's because you fitted an exhaust that isn't ADR approved, despite the fact we designed it" - I'm more worried about the extra attention from the boys in blue
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i MT

I recently spoke to my BMW dealership, and for the M Performance exhaust for the M135i, there seems to be:
- a general problem of getting it "approved" by local government/road authorities
- a general product stock/delivery problem

They could not give me a final price offer, nor an expected delivery date for the exhaust, nor could they confirm that the road authortiy approval (in Belgium) was due in the foreseeable future.

I hate all this regulation and exaggerated paper work just for replacing an exhaust, even if it's from the same manufacturer. Guess it all comes down to emission (and noise?) regulations.

Last edited by hwelvaar; 05-03-2013 at 04:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #5
aus_ogi
Rep
Drives: M135i

Lach135 I'm in Melbourne. The car is not due until late June (was ordered in March). The wait and anticipation is getting worse by the minute!

Hwelvaar I agree the red tape and paperwork is ridiculous. I don't think it's the emissions, and the noise can probably pass the tests. I think it's more of a case of how difficult the government and regulation is in each country and ultimately from a dealer perspective it's the return on investment. I don't think many would be sold in the scheme of things and the cost involved in getting the approval would probably outweigh the expected returns.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #6
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus_ogi View Post
Lach135 I'm in Melbourne. The car is not due until late June (was ordered in March). The wait and anticipation is getting worse by the minute!
The little issue with M135i is not alot of people buy it. Well, at least for my region and other choices.... Yes the wait sucks. For laughs in my region if one decides to change color, one has to wait further three months. It does not make sense but apparently that's how it works. I changed color twice, so I waited almost 7 months for it (no the math doesn't add up, but oh well). I must have watched that Dutch review 20 million times

Hang in there Map out the roads you wish to conquer When the car does get here, bam!!
Appreciate 0