BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Monaco Grand Prix

06-22-2016, 08:03 PM   #1
nickyreno
Eccentric Thousandaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 xDrive M Sport

Monaco Grand Prix

Does anyone know the best way about going to Monaco for the F1 Grand Prix? Like best places to view the race, cheapest prices and good hotel deals, etc. Just trying to get ahead of the ball and wrap my head around the trip for 2017.
      06-23-2016, 04:53 PM   #2
eau_rouge
Germany
Rep
Drives: Alpina B3 G21 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyreno View Post
Does anyone know the best way about going to Monaco for the F1 Grand Prix? Like best places to view the race, cheapest prices and good hotel deals, etc. Just trying to get ahead of the ball and wrap my head around the trip for 2017.
That really depends on your budget. Staying in a hotel during the GP Weekend in Monaco itself is almost impossible. The best way to go is through AirBnb or some hotels that are a bit off from Monaco. If your budget is unlimited, then it will be no problem.
The prices for the tickets are okay and should be the cheapest thing on your whole Monaco GP trip, if you dont go for Paddock Club tickets. At this time of the year (most likely holiday season in europe) there are no cheap restaurants at all in Monaco. You can try to find a hotel/airbnb in Beausoleil (France already, which is within five minutes walking distance, but still very expensive.

Just give me some details and I can tell you a bit more about the Côte d'Azur.
2005 E46 M3 S54 - TS/GN5TT - 6MT

Last edited by eau_rouge; 06-23-2016 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyreno View Post
I went last year and stayed at the Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco. I booked it with points and well in advance. Nightly room rates can easily top €900 per night. It's not the swankest of hotels I've stayed in but it served it's purpose.

The tickets for the grandstands can be pricey and other areas can be somewhat reasonable. You can find tickets for a few hundred Euro depending on location. It's all a matter of how close you want to be and how much you want to pay. They've done a good job of segmenting the market in that respect. I'll have to ask my partner as she is far more familiar with the pricing. As you're likely aware, prices can go from mild to wild. You can also watch the race from many of the restaurants right on the track. They offer varying packages that include food and beverage. Good luck and enjoy your time. It's certainly a must see event at least once in your lifetime.
Appreciate 0