BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Join BMWCCA??

10-26-2014, 12:19 PM   #23
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
My chapter has a card. I'm sure they all do
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #24
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

I get 15% off all parts. The "standard" discount if you ask is 10%.

I have a question about the new car purchase, which date do they count as "1 Year?"

-In-Service Date
-Date you ordered the vehicle
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #25
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post
Wow some good info. Never knew this stuff about the CCA. Might have to join. Is there a membership card that you get as proof for the discounts when buying parts?
Yes, that will come to you from the national office.

BMWCCA is the best bang for the buck out of all car clubs!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #26
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Yes, you get a membership card. The fee is just south of $50 for one year of membership I think.

Roundel (the monthly magazine) is awesome.
Discounts are very handy (there's a discount on Performance Center schools also), as is the rebate.

You have to be a member for one year before you're eligible for the car rebate though. Car has to be purchased/leased in your name; you can have a co-owner or co-lesse though I believe.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #27
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
I have had a BMWCCA membership for over a year so am eligible for a rebate. However, if I want to put the vehicle lease all in my wife's name can I add her now as an associate account for the $10 and have only her name on all the purchase/lease documents, title, registration, etc and shave her fill out the rebate form and be eligible?

I know it says Associate members are eligible for the same benefits as the primary member but didn't know if this is a grey area where a recently added Associate member (within a month) could apply for the rebate even though they have not been an Associate member for the one year minimum. They are merely piggybacking the existing BMWCCA membership.

Hope i explained it well. Does anyone know the answer or where I can get it?

thanks
Not sure. I think your name has to be on the documents; it can be with hers, but you have to be on it as well. See if anything here helps: https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate If not, contact the CCA (rewards@bmwcca.org) for clarification. The people at the national office are very nice and helpful.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 08:01 AM   #28
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Wow some good info. Never knew this stuff about the CCA. Might have to join. Is there a membership card that you get as proof for the discounts when buying parts?
Yes, you'll automatically get one in the mail after you join, but you can also print your own card on the national CCA website which gives you several cool backgrounds to choose from.

Assuming you're in still NoVa, you'll be joining my chapter which happens to be the biggest and most active CCA chapter with more than 6k members and 120+ events per year. We just got back from a great day of driving this past Saturday

Let me know if you have any questions, and you can use my member # for referral when you join.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #29
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
Yes, you'll automatically get one in the mail after you join, but you can also print your own card on the national CCA website which gives you several cool backgrounds to choose from.

Assuming you're in still NoVa, you'll be joining my chapter which happens to be the biggest and most active CCA chapter with more than 6k members and 120+ events per year. We just got back from a great day of driving this past Saturday

Let me know if you have any questions, and you can use my member # for referral when you join.
Awesome stuff! Im in NoVa during the week then back in MD close to DE on the weekends. Are there only events on the weekends?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2014, 11:40 AM   #30
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Awesome stuff! Im in NoVa during the week then back in MD close to DE on the weekends. Are there only events on the weekends?
We usually meet Thursday evenings at different locations, check our calendar for the exact details: www.nccbmwcca.org

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 09:11 PM   #31
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Great magazine, local events (autocross, hpde and the like) plus a lot of genuinely great people that love cars and helping fellow members out.

The discounts on parts helps too.
      11-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #32
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalgoods13 View Post
I get 15% off all parts. The "standard" discount if you ask is 10%.

I have a question about the new car purchase, which date do they count as "1 Year?"

-In-Service Date
-Date you ordered the vehicle

For Canada:
Good question.
Hopefully you can submit application before being a member for 1 year, otherwise > 1 year.
http://trillium-bmwclub.ca/content/rewards-program
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #33
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

I think the merits of joining CCA really depend on your chapter. When I lived in Virginia, the NCC was very active with events, autocrosses, tech days, etc. Members were friendly and interacted with one another often.

I found the complete opposite down here in Tampa Bay. My membership lapsed before I moved down here, and I didn't renew. I did attend one or two CCA events down here with a friend, and was pretty turned off by the chapter down here. I think the Roundel has become pretty stale, I get wholesale on parts from my dealer, and USAA has a good buying service if I ever wanted a new BMW.

If you do join CCA, I hope you have a good experience with it.
Appreciate 0