BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > iPhone 5s

07-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #1
crsnwby
Registered
Rep
Drives: F21

iPhone 5s

I have a combo box car and edited it to enable the 6NS string i think it was to allow ipod to work via the USB and to enable a few other BT features.

It all worked fine with by Blackberry being a phone and showed my emails and read them back to me etc.

I also had my ipod connected via USB and it worked fine showing playlists etc at the same time.

Now I replaced my Blackberry with an iPhone 5s thinking this would work aswell.

I connect the phone via BT and it works as a phone, shows the messages option but nothing ever appears, new or old mails, texts or notifications.

I also plug in via USB to use it as an ipod and this is very flaky, if I take a call the music never comes back unless I press the media button again. As well as its being very slow to do anything from the idrive interface.

anyone had any experience of this setup?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 01:36 PM   #2
DomMuc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

iphone does not support mail over bt or usb.. blackberry ist the only company that support mail in a bmw
http://www.bmw.co.uk/en_GB/topics/su...atibility.html
Appreciate 0