BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > What non RF tyres for 16 inch?

09-15-2016, 03:21 AM   #1
sergestusx
Rep
Drives: 116i

Question What non RF tyres for 16 inch?

Hi!

So, I have BMW style 378 rims (16") that came from factory with Energy Saver's (non runflat).

1. Can I put runflat tyres on?
2. Is it recommended to put BMW approved tyres? I'm attracted to the Dunlop Sportmaxx RT's, but the BMW approved ones are the TT's... BUT they seem to perform worse in wet .

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2016, 06:15 AM   #2
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergestusx View Post
1. Can I put runflat tyres on?
Of course you can: BMW approved star marked tyres. Your car should have had them from the factory if it weren't a world saving edition(?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergestusx View Post
Is it recommended to put BMW approved tyres? I'm attracted to the Dunlop Sportmaxx RT's, but the BMW approved ones are the TT's... BUT they seem to perform worse in wet .
Of course it is. Just mind the star marking: I couldn't find it on my OEM winter wheel set tyres (unlike the factory summer ones). If your "approved" option happens to lack it too just feel free to go "where the heart is". But even if it's "really special" you can still join the herd of those who know better and despise marketing tricks.
Appreciate 0