BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How do you guys feel about this?

10-27-2016, 09:27 AM   #89
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxgt3 View Post
I don't think double standards really matter. You like what you like. As long as you accept that they may not like you back, there's no harm. If they do like you, great!

The only time it really matters is when people bitch and moan about not finding a partner because they're not having any luck with the ones they go after that are way out of their league.

I'm guilty of having double standards myself. I don't have boobs but I will only date people with boobs.
Women are masters of the double standards. If you look at most dating sites even chicks that are like 5'2 say they want a guy who's at least 6 foot. But if you are a dude and mention that you only want to date girls who work out and are fit, they throw a hissy fit. If you can put on a height requirement we can put on a weight requirement..
Appreciate 5
Taskmaster2465.00
Aatish3458.00
Jhenka31.00
      10-27-2016, 09:30 AM   #90
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Women are masters of the double standards. If you look at most dating sites even chicks that are like 5'2 say they want a guy who's at least 6 foot. But if you are a dude and mention that you only want to date girls who work out and are fit, they throw a hissy fit. If you can put on a height requirement we can put on a weight requirement..
So. MUCH. THIS.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2016, 09:31 AM   #91
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think double standards really matter. You like what you like. As long as you accept that they may not like you back, there's no harm. If they do like you, great!

The only time it really matters is when people bitch and moan about not finding a partner because they're not having any luck with the ones they go after that are way out of their league.

I'm guilty of having double standards myself. I don't have boobs but I will only date people with boobs.
Do women actually get mad when you say you like fit chicks? I think that's fair for either gender to ask for because it just means a similar lifestyle. I've never heard of a girl actually being mad about that.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:35 AM   #92
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Do women actually get mad when you say you like fit chicks? I think that's fair for either gender to ask for because it just means a similar lifestyle. I've never heard of a girl actually being mad about that.
Tara, maybe it's because you're more down to earth - but yes. That's what I'm trying to tell you, the entitlement of these women is INSANE. How dare men have a preference that isn't them!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #93
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Lol. Or when they post things like "I am what I am and whomever I date needs to accept it" or that cliche line from Marilyn "if you can't accept me at my worst you don't deserve my best" yet they go on to say "well I want a guy who is fit, 6', blonde hair, blue eyes, doctorate degree, etc."
Appreciate 4
      10-27-2016, 09:41 AM   #94
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Problem here is that you are NORMAL and therefor use LOGIC and REASON. Most women are NOT like that and run on pure emotions.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2016, 09:42 AM   #95
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Lol. Or when they post things like "I am what I am and whomever I date needs to accept it" or that cliche line from Marilyn "if you can't accept me at my worst you don't deserve my best" yet they go on to say "well I want a guy who is fit, 6', blonde hair, blue eyes, doctorate degree, etc."
It's like saying I'm an 07 335 with 300k miles and a spotty service history but if you want to roll with me you need to be a 2017 M4.
Appreciate 8
C1Boston103.00
Taskmaster2465.00
Aatish3458.00
ASAP10131.00
Jhenka31.00
      10-27-2016, 09:43 AM   #96
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

Quote:
I generally see this in the US vs other countries. Been to plenty of other countries and even the most beautiful women ive came across did not have this attitude. Yes there're women like this everywhere but I generally see more of this in our country than any other.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:44 AM   #97
C1Boston
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Uber

Quote:
It's like saying I'm an 07 335 with 300k miles and a spotty service history but if you want to roll with me you need to be a 2017 M4.

LMAO
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:02 AM   #98
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 E92, 17 X5M, 15 Huracan

Quote:
Is it really a surprise that a woman would get mad about anything that comes out of a guy's mouth, no matter what it is? :-)

Personally I wouldn't get mad if women said they wanted something that I clearly was not. I'd just move on and find someone that wanted me instead of getting upset about not fitting their criteria. I mean there are seriously so many people out there, there's always going to be SOMEONE that wants you, and everyone whether they admit to it or not will reject the majority of potential partners for similar arbitrary reasons as the ones rejecting them. People should stop getting so butthurt over it all.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:08 AM   #99
JohnnyCanuck
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Tara, maybe it's because you're more down to earth - but yes. That's what I'm trying to tell you, the entitlement of these women is INSANE. How dare men have a preference that isn't them!
And the entitlement mentality of men isn't equally insane? Give your head a shake ... how many guys judge other guys by how attractive their spouse/partner/girlfriend is?

This thread is almost pure hypocrisy.
Appreciate 3
bimmette6452.50
atxgt3156.00
Beartato881.50
      10-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #100
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
And the entitlement mentality of men isn't equally insane? Give your head a shake ... how many guys judge other guys by how attractive their spouse/partner/girlfriend is?

This thread is almost pure hypocrisy.
Exactly. I think a lot of fat women are kidding themselves, but men are just equally bad.
And I'll bet a lot of guys posting on here are overweight but have or want thin girlfriends/wives. You almost never see the reverse.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:17 AM   #101
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. I think a lot of fat women are kidding themselves, but men are just equally bad.
And I'll bet a lot of guys posting on here are overweight but have or want thin girlfriends/wives. You almost never see the reverse.
No no I'm way to much of a dick to be a fatty. Plus I love working out too much.. It puts me in such a zen state and I live for the high you get after a good workout.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2016, 10:21 AM   #102
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
My wife and I weigh about the same, but the top of her head comes about the middle of my collarbone. Wouldn't have it any other way
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:27 AM   #103
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Men are just as bad. The difference is that women have an easier time getting interest from guys so they can get away with it more. Usually the only guys that complain about womens' double standards are the guys that can't get laid or have to settle for less than they think they "deserve".

Of course the flip side to girls getting attention easily even from guys out of their league is that those guys most of the time won't want anything serious with them. Guys will lower their standards drastically just to get laid.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #104
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Men are just as bad. The difference is that women have an easier time getting interest from guys so they can get away with it more. Usually the only guys that complain about womens' double standards are the guys that can't get laid or have to settle for less than they think they "deserve".

Of course the flip side to girls getting attention easily even from guys out of their league is that those guys most of the time won't want anything serious with them. Guys will lower their standards drastically just to get laid.

Oh it's easy to get a chick with high standards that is way out of your league..
YOu will need
A van
cute puppy
duct tape
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #105
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
The difference is women will put it, men will just think it. Same outcome, different approach.

On that note, I've never found skinny girls particularly attractive, so on my Tinder profile I mentioned I'm looking for a chubby girl to cuddle with It worked.

I support this acceptance movement to a point. Some girls are bigger than others, and we need to at least tolerate it--not stigmatize it. My support ends when someone who clearly has let themselves go wants people to accept their lifestyle. I think we're missing that distinction in this thread. The girls in the article weren't exactly unhealthy; health and weight can be correlated more to waist size than weight alone, and none of these girls seemed to have that characteristic "apple" (weight is focused around the abdomen/waistline) shaped body associated with unhealthy weight. On the flip side estrogen encourages fat to be stored around the hips and butt, so in a way it's shorthand for fertility, but we've all been programmed by the media to dislike anyone who isn't starving to death so that biological cue is dead in modern culture.

We all have our personal preferences, but to call anybody with a little meat on their bones "fat" and "unhealthy" is why this issue still exists. Not all overweight cases can be solved in the gym, sometimes it's biological and we need to accept that as a society instead of cramming down an idealized one-size-fits-all body type down our throats so it can fester as a mental illness down the road for those who can't meet that idealized body type.

(Yes I know I'm strawmanning my opposition a little, fight me)
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #106
atxgt3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Oh it's easy to get a chick with high standards that is way out of your league..
YOu will need
A van
cute puppy
duct tape
"Does this smell like chloroform to you?"
Appreciate 2
      10-27-2016, 10:34 AM   #107
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311
Quote:
07 335 with RB's at 300k miles might still be able to rock an m4... albeit its still a piece of shit
      10-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #108
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Both girls and guys have double standards, these days. Guys are becoming more like girls. 90% of girls today are mentally the same. Physically, not so much.

No one really knows that they want...they kinda just go for what seems good; with the basis of "what's good" coming from the media they consume on the daily. It might seem good, but it's not necessarily good for their situation.

Regarding the weight issue. You can pick your nose. The person on the Subway next to you can pick his/her nose. BUT, you can't pick his nose (or have him pick your nose).

It's peoples bodies. Let them do what they want. If they want to show people that they feel happy, let them. Let them do them. You do you.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #109
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
YOu will need
A van
cute puppy
duct tape
access to her parking garage
FTFY
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #110
InternetFame
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 ZCP 6MT, '11 R55 S 6MT

Quote:
It is actually extremely difficult to find a workout partner. Unless they're white.

Or I'm just the wrong skin color?

Hahaha I'm short too and I laugh when I see shit like that on Tinder. Bout to steal silvergray545's pics again.

Quote:
Open recall?
Appreciate 2