BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > 469 hp on N55 engine

03-11-2014, 03:19 AM   #1
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

469 hp on N55 engine

Found this company that offers large performance upgrade for N55 engines. However, it is in the US, so it means yes 335i, 135is, but no M135i. I am wondering would it fit? Thanks?

http://performance.vargasturbo.com/v...e-on-the-dyno/
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 01:47 AM   #2
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

I called the manufacturer.

Mechanically it will fit the M135i. It uses the same turbo housing with some interior machinng, along with a larger turbine. It still has the same Garrett Turbo number I think.

Software turning wise is the problem. Burger Turning does the work, but the cars manufactured after mid 2012 have computer that cannot be hacked into, and therefore cannot be tuned.

If somebody were to go ahead with the modification, they'll have to check with Burger with their VIN number to make sure the car is manufactured before, well, the computer becomes difficult.

I hope I understood him, it was late
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 02:29 AM   #3
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

To be frank

Let me first say that I'm not a big believer in car tuning, due to all sorts of reasons related to product reliability, insurance, driveability etc.

I could imagine that a tune of this nature and magnitude would allow the driver to pretty quickly overwhelm the chassis's handling and stopping capabilities. I personally believe it would turn a great car into something of a scary nightmare.

If your goal is to frighten yourself half to death every time you go out, it looks just the ticket
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 06:26 AM   #4
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
It wont make these numbers on F series cars because of tuning not being available. And with just a jb4 without further tuning the gains will be a lot less not being worth the cost to buy and have this installed.

Now burger will try a similar setup hybrid turbo coming month on F series car so we might see where it gets.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 09:52 PM   #5
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep

I personally left my M135i stock. I didn't put on after market suspension, because where we are we don't have alignment data. I didn't mod anything else because I don't want to touch the torque profile. My last performance car was a 20 years old E30 325i (my precious, ha), so M135i so fast enough.

However, there are enough people who are willing to experiment. I simply put the info. out there maybe someone becomes interested. I wonder if the drive train and the gearbox can take it.
Appreciate 0