BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Android auto on 2015 F20... I'm utterly confused

04-12-2023, 09:06 AM   #1
kutusov
Registered
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 116d

Android auto on 2015 F20... I'm utterly confused

Hi all, I'm new here. I've owned a couple of BMWs in the past but then moved into french cars and am now returning to the fold.

I got this car basically because it is... well, a basic car. I really dislike the ton of useless electronics (to me) on modern cars but I'll be missing Android Auto and that's something I want back if I can.

I want to keep the original display and have things as simple as possible, the idea is just to have a usb plug, connect the an Android phone that way and be done with it. I don't care about CarPlay. I only use, Waze, Google Maps and Spotify.

So having spent hours going through google and not reaching a conclusion, I bet some of you guys can answer me a few questions.

1 - What I want is a simple MMI box, right?
2 - Are all models basically the same?
3 - To just get wired android auto, do I need to always plug the box to the AUX or is that just an Apple thing?
4 - Do all models bypass the car's mics for calls or can I keep those?

I could ask sellers these questions but your help would be appreciated because, at this point, I'm not even sure what to look for
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2023, 02:32 PM   #2
kutusov
Registered
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 116d

Arrgh, just realized I posted on the wrong subforum... many apologies, please move to the DIY section...
Appreciate 0