BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Compatible Memory Stick

06-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
robomonkey
Rep
Drives: F20 120D Auto

Compatible Memory Stick

Hi all

I just got a new 120D, I didn't get the upgraded connectivity pack for iPhones and iPods, just the bog standard USB port, so I've been looking for a memory stick.

I bought a 32GB SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB stick at lunchtime for £17 at Currys, filled it full of 4,300 odd tracks and it works brilliantly. It reads the stick in a few seconds and makes it available to browse the folder structure and play music, about 5 minutes later its completed the scan and let's you browse via artist, album etc.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/sandis...95445-pdt.html

I thought I'd post this in case others are looking into getting a memory stick, and initially I searched and didnt find anything plus I was tempted to get a super fast stick for £80-£100 but you don't need to, this stick reads at 10meg, and writes at 5meg (it does take a couple of hours to load it though).

Mark
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
fullkoll
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F20 / 118dA

I am also very happy with my SanDisk 16 and 32 GB sticks:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/sandis...y~RR~~11096970

I like the little handle - it protects the connectors and makes it very easy to change the stick. And the sticks are very compact.

As you say, it takes some time to load them and the Finder or iTunes (I´m on Mac) isn´t very good at copying lots of files, so I let muCommander do the job while I do something more useful

Last edited by fullkoll; 06-07-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Excellent! I already bought one from eBay
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomonkey View Post
Hi all

I just got a new 120D, I didn't get the upgraded connectivity pack for iPhones and iPods, just the bog standard USB port, so I've been looking for a memory stick.

I bought a 32GB SanDisk Cruzer Edge USB stick at lunchtime for £17 at Currys, filled it full of 4,300 odd tracks and it works brilliantly. It reads the stick in a few seconds and makes it available to browse the folder structure and play music, about 5 minutes later its completed the scan and let's you browse via artist, album etc.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/sandis...95445-pdt.html

I thought I'd post this in case others are looking into getting a memory stick, and initially I searched and didnt find anything plus I was tempted to get a super fast stick for £80-£100 but you don't need to, this stick reads at 10meg, and writes at 5meg (it does take a couple of hours to load it though).

Mark
Hello ark,
I also have the same configuration like you (USB and Pro System). Do you know if this system reads video files from USB? or only mp3?

I can't check now because my 116i will be finally "mine" next tuesday.
Appreciate 0