BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > AC Schnitzer 116i Tunning

12-19-2014, 02:36 PM   #45
selçukdal
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 Maserati GT MC Huracan

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjebmw View Post
Every BMW at BR-Performance gets it's own specific software into the ECU, for the best performance. So if you have already some modifications on your Bimmer , you get other specs.
That's the reason I have now 233hp and 321Nm
i understand what you mean, i have downpipe, custom exhaust system and bmc air filter so how many horses do you think can i have ?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 03:19 AM   #46
oeron
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW (F20) 118i M 2013

Question

I'm about to install, to my so far untouched engine, an Intake System which i've got from another member in South Africa. It's an Cold Air Intake System from RGM and the results are quite impressive. I guess you guys have seen this on the former posts.

That's what i'm talking about:
http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043589

190 bhp instead of 170 bhp without programming made me to go for it. And i guess it could improof fuel consumption as well, coz it cools down better.

To have a noticable improvement in performance, i will have to chip my car, for sure. Now i'm asking you guys for a lil help, coz i don't have much experience for which chip i shall go.

They cost so different, Schnitzer and Hartge are the most popular as i see but they're expensive. Racechip though is cheeper and provides a couple of extra horses. But in practice, which one should be chosen? If i'd know, that Schnitzer makes a noticable difference and it's the price worth, i'd buy it. But if there is no big difference i'd buy one like Racechip.
http://www.racechip.com/chiptuning/b...25kw/index.php

About OBD Tuning; sounds a bit risky. That's something i found about this type of tuning:
Disadvantages of OBD-Tuning

- Engine damages can’t be excluded, as OBD-Tuning can switch off engine protection functions.

- The tuned vehicle might be impossible to diagnose due to the tuning software. Garages could read out error codes and repairs couldn’t be executed properly.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 05:19 AM   #47
Fanis
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 116i (F20) Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMech View Post
Hi Fanis

Did you friend ever fit the AC Schniter tune to his 116i Auto?

If so how does it compare to the standard?

I'vejust taken delivery of my 116i Auto Msport. Not run it in yet, but very interested in upgrading to ACS tune.
No, he has not fitted it yet. He is trying to convince the dealer here to lend him the demo car, so we can do some sidy-by-side comparisons (like I did with the Hartge box last year). I am very interested as well, but I need to know it works and how much, before I give them my money!!
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 12:57 AM   #48
oeron
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW (F20) 118i M 2013

Yow homies, i could really use a lil help here Please share your experiences, i've no idea for which i'd go
Appreciate 0