BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Use standard trim, airbag and buttons on a M steering wheel?

08-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
CB71
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Use standard trim, airbag and buttons on a M steering wheel?

I have purchased a nice M steering wheel as a replacement for my standard leader steering wheel. BUT I am missing the airbag and the buttons for this.

I wonder if there is a cheap solution. The "sports" airbag always go with the "sports" trim and "sports" buttons.
I think the steering wheel could be similar, but the loose parts are different. The trim from the sport and M sport is in aluminium and goes up on the sides of the airbag. So the "sport" airbag is a little smaller to give room for this. And the button section is different as there is a hole to mount / click on the trim.

So instead of changing the buttons and the airbag on this lovely M steering wheel, then I wonder if I could just change the trim. It will of course not look as good as with the aluminium look. But it will be cheap as I have all parts.
And the feel will be the same.

Do anyone know if this solution could work?

And do you know how to remove the trim? Is there any screws?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
ipp
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2016 M135i

I think they are the same. Post a picture of your steering wheel to clearify.
Appreciate 0