BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Longest Thread Ever...

03-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #89
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
It's doable. The forum with 14,000 pages in their "The Longest Thread Ever..." only has 3500 members. There are over 13,000 on e90post.com. They started their longest thread in 2003. E90post is still young.

So, post some random thoughts!
Okay.. Some random advice:

Don't fart in the shower. It smells awful and there's no where to go..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #90
tibbz
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535i; 07 E92 335i (ret)

What a useless thread. I love it!....hahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #91
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
Okay.. Some random advice:

Don't fart in the shower. It smells awful and there's no where to go..
To pee is OK. Just don't pee on your wife's leg. And don't pee if the drain is clogged.
      03-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #92
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
To pee is OK. Just don't pee on your wife's leg. And don't pee if the drain is clogged.
Did you learn this by accident??

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #93
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
Did you learn this by accident??

Just imparting the wisdom of the ancients. I think it's a Chinese proverb.

Who has some good ancient Chinese proverbs?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #94
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Chinese wisdoms:

Never play leapfrog with a Unicorn.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #95
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Hey herbz,

You're really going to like this one:

http://zoomquilt2.madmindworx.com/zoomquilt2.swf
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #96
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 02:16 PM   #97
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Truth oftentimes is stranger than fiction.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 02:17 PM   #98
Neurorad
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hey herbz,

You're really going to like this one:

http://zoomquilt2.madmindworx.com/zoomquilt2.swf
That is the trippiest thing I've seen in a long time!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #99
Neurorad
Major
Rep

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #100
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

lol, I'm gonna stat-pad my account...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #101
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

stat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat padstat pad
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #102
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Have you ever had a very vivid dream?

Journal 1980-1981

Bobby Browne

Bobby stood in front of the movie camera in make-up and received a very general outline of the role he was to play.

I, one of the two light-men, held a floodlight to light a profile. I was given a single instruction: "Just stay out of the picture."

I had never worked on a production like this. I had never worked on any production. I remember though, once I was a bricklayer. It was some time ago; last week.

The shooting had begun and Bobby was doing something. He was bent over. Both of his hands were dropped to the ground. He straightened up and... oh yes... put a derby on his head... it had been on the ground.

Bobby moved this way, then that, taking orders from a director. It made my job very hard, keeping out of the picture but keeping a light on him.

Our director was professional. He also was a radio news man.

Bobby talked freely about nothing; insults mainly.

The cameraman told me to stay three or four or five feet away from Bobby. My right profile may have just been immortalized in film. Again, I was reminded. I would stay on top of it now.

Bobby stood erect and still. The light-man at Bobby's other side switched off his light. On film Bobby's face would be half light and half dark. That is where the title would come in, "Bobby Browne."

The director told someone to get a soundman. The best possibility was the wife of some friend. The make-up man went off to find her. He started up a steep hill. The director shouted after him, "Tell her she'll just work with a machine; a simple machine. It's just a sound recorder. Tell her it's just like washing clothes or cooking a meal or something."

The director called for a break.

Bobby was out on the street with a man who was struggling to get loose of his arms. What was he doing to him? It was repulsive! The man broke free and hurried along, certainly not in high spirits.

Not a block away was the filming of a number of women in knee length swim suits with yellow and black stripes. On their backs were small, glittery wings.

In a small office for production staff were two women. They talked about Bobby Browne and the production crew, and why this film was such a big deal.

Outside the crowd cheered wildly. The two women opened the office door to look onto the scene.

On the street from an open car door stepped a woman in a black jacket and nothing else but a black panty and black mesh hose. Her head was topped with black hair and black hat. Her jacket was open just enough to expose a good deal of her breasts.

She was known as the world's greatest cheat for she did do unmentionable things with other ladies' men. What was once the unmentionable was soon the talk of all towns.

Off to the left the winged bathing beauties dove into a very large and shallow pool of water that vaguely resembled a beach. They complained heartily about the temperature of the water.

Scott Wells
transcribed 4/5/86

Bobby Browne, Personal Note

I couldn't write any further on this because I have no idea at all what was to happen next.

This is the only revision, though very little revised (from the present tense to the past tense), of the writing down of a very unusual sort of a dream. If not unusual for reason of myself not being a character in all the scenes. In fact, I was only a minor part in a single scene.

Many things about this dream stand out in my mind. It was so vivid and everything seems to have been on a single theme.

I wonder if I had played more than one part, or even all of them, in this dream rather than the single part. Still, a very unusual sort of a dream.

It was a dream I had last summer. I wonder what it was that caused it?

10/27/80
transcribed 4/5/86

Last edited by scottwww; 03-27-2007 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #103
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
John Carter of Mars, or some other simple name.

Prolific writer: Starship Troopers, Stranger in a Strange Land, Red Planet, Methuselah's Children, to name a few of the hundred plus novels and short stories. Lots of philosophy mixed in with wild plots and outlandish characters.

Start with Stranger in a Strange Land.

Many recurring characters in his longer novels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_A._Heinlein
I'll have to check out some of those Heinlein novels from the library.

I used to read a LOT of SF (I don't remember most of the authors now... Niven & Pournell, Wells, Asimov, Bradbury...)

I also read a lot of science books. I joined the L5 society for a couple years and the World Future Society for a year while I was in high school.

After about my Freshman year of high school, I went to classic literature. One of my favorites was Fathers and Children by Fyodr Dostoevsky. I also liked Nathaniel Hawthorne's The Mill On The Floss. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert was priceless. I was able to relate to Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

I used to think and say, "So many books, so little time."

Last edited by scottwww; 03-28-2007 at 11:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2007, 12:24 AM   #104
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Tomorrow night, if I remember to do it, I will write and post the true account of why I shot the communist, how I got away with it, and what I regret about it.

I'll post it over here: What regrets do you have?

Or maybe it would be better to tell about what went wrong when I was minding my own business riding my motorcycle and a cop car started chasing me.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Since nobody replied, I just went with the shooting of the communist.

Last edited by scottwww; 03-29-2007 at 05:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #105
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Barjavel Outline

Barjavel Outline

They year 2102 saw the liberation of the Martian Colonies that had been placed on Mars by the U.S.

Nathan Antheimer, Senator to the United States, Earth, was rinning for president. He was a puppet of a man from the underground who's name was Barjavel. Barjavel was a racketeer and he was the cause of much of the crime in the U.S. and abroad. He had none power in this way than many presidents of entire countries. He, though, wanted for himself the United States presidency but his face could not win it. This is where he gained control of one Nathan Antheimer who was not much of a politician but was well like.

It took some years of controlling Antheimer for Barjavel to get to the point where he could make a good run for the presidency. His views were not unrealistic though they were those of profiteering. He was patriotic for the U.S. and an avid U.S. historuy buff on the first hundred and fifty years of U.S. history. He believed in the profit motive even if it meant the exploitation of other peoples whether that was blacks, orientals, or Martians. He believed in a capitalist, libertarian U.S.

The conflict stems from the hard line adopted by Barjavel, and therefore Antheimer, toward the Martian and Lunar colonies. He feels that, "Since the U.S. established the colonies, the U.S. has the right to profit from them."

The American people in general (the average, simple-minded American) share this view and are responsive to the similar views as expressed by the candidate Antheimer.

During the presidential campaigns the people know by independant analysis if the candidate fully intends to follow out his promises if installed as president. This has been a normal part of compaigns for some decades and the belief that candidates will tell the truth as they believe it is all but taken for granted, so even when a candidate lies it is not especially easy for the people to accept this fact.

The analysis of Antheimer speech does turn up the conclusion of lieing but it does show something unusual, though undefinable. This stems from the fact that he believes that what he says will be implemented if he is elected president because it is Barjavel dictating it to him, but his own inner "argument" or "disagreement" makes the unusual results occur.

Antheimer was delivering a speech written by Barjavel concerning the further pacification of the Martian colonies when Barjavel entered the press room. Antheimer was a very articulate individual, and I say once again charismatic, and he was gaining many votes from this speech. When he saw Barjavel at the press conference he nearly froze at the podium but finally pulled himself together and made some quick closing statements and departed for the back room early in order to speak with Barjavel.

Barjavel changes certain political positions in order to avert the rebellion of the Martian colonies even though this might cause the demise of his try for the presidency. But he feels, "what is more important? The presidency, or the United States?" He chooses the United States, of course, for being the patriot he is and the policies that will see it's prosperity. Causing a Martian rebellion would not be prosperous.

Martians are disliked by Americans because of their physical features and their desire to be independant of earth.

Barjavel discusses the possible loss of the election with Antheimer but Antheimer secretly wishes to win the election just for personal vanity. Antheimer later delivers a speech containing the eliminated part from before to the U.S. public and gains their attentions and the Martian's preparation for war. Antheimer had had Barjavel eliminated beforehand to avoid conflict. Antheimer won the election, took to the White House in a landslide victory and got vaporized along with all of Washington D.C. in the successful move for independence of the Martian Colonies.

Go into intimate characterization detail. Make for lots of plot. Leave room for a series after Antheimer's death. Set his death in the end and Barjavel's perhaps as much as 20 pages from the end. Have a closing statement about the vice of vanity or something or other.

Create the character that Barjavel appears for all interests and purposes to be a bad guy but turning out to be a good guy. Antheimer appears to be a good guy and likeable and all but turns out to be despicable.

Scott Wells
transcribed 4/20/86
      03-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #106
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
This died, or what? been at 5 pages for too long.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2007, 11:37 PM   #107
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

RE: What regrets do you have in life?

Any input this time?

What should be the third regret that I remember?
  • The fire
  • I was minding my own business riding my motorcycle and a cop car started chasing me
  • The ugly old ogre
  • “You’re quiet when you smoke”
  • The Devil’s dining table
  • Cone heads

This if for the thread What regrets do you have in life?

Last edited by scottwww; 03-29-2007 at 03:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 08:07 AM   #108
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Note to self:

Italia Espresso - coffee beans
      03-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #109
Autobot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F22 M235 6MT

Taking longer than I thought to become the longest thread ever
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2007, 12:39 PM   #110
Vikingus
Nothing to see here folks
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

longest thread EVA?!?! come on, it only has 110 posts as of NOW!

edit: darn, someone beat me to it... 111 posts as of now