BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Longest Thread Ever...

03-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #45
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Herbz,

Here are some pictures for you: http://www.idacres.com/forums/fractals/.
The one shown here is a sample.

Last edited by scottwww; 04-04-2007 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:39 PM   #46
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

who has tried Salvia??
      03-24-2007, 11:46 PM   #47
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Herbz,

Here are some pictures for you: http://www.idacres.com/fractals/.
holy crap....... i could look at that for hours........ someone find me some boomers lol!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #48
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Herbz,

Here are some pictures for you: http://www.idacres.com/fractals/.
This pic would be insane if i was on salvia. Another thing thats crazy on salvia is, when i have Windows Media Player open to the screen that goes along with the music (i have no idea whats its called but im sure people know what im talking about) and it makes you feel like your flying into your computer screen its fkn crazzyy
      03-25-2007, 04:56 PM   #49
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Maybe you would like this, too:

From ctgazer's old sig.

Last edited by scottwww; 03-28-2007 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: Credit where credit is due.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #50
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Was it a disappointment for BMW to finish 4th in the F1 2007 Australian Grand Prix? Or was that a satisfying finish?

Australian Grand Prix race result (58 laps)

1. RAIKKONEN Ferrari 1h25m28.770s
2. ALONSO McLaren +7.2s

3. HAMILTON McLaren +18.5s
4. HEIDFELD BMW +38.7s
5. FISICHELLA Renault +66.4s
6. MASSA Ferrari +66.8s
7. ROSBERG Williams +1 lap
8. SCHUMACHER Toyota +1 lap
9. TRULLI Toyota +1 lap
10. KOVALAINEN Renault +1 lap
11. BARRICHELLO Honda +1 lap
12. SATO Super Aguri +1 lap
13. WEBBER Red Bull +1 lap
14. LIUZZI Toro Rosso +1 lap
15. BUTTON Honda +1 lap
16. DAVIDSON Super Aguri +2 laps
17. SUTIL Spyker +2 laps
R. WURZ Williams +10 laps
R. COULTHARD Red Bull +10 laps
R. KUBICA BMW +22 laps
R. SPEED Toro Rosso +30 laps
R. ALBERS Spyker +48 laps

Fastest Lap: RAIKKONEN 1m25.235s (lap 41)
      03-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #51
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

hmmm, you're only behind Ferrari and Mclaren, so i dont think thats bad at all lol. and isn't Mclaren basically BMW also? or are they not using the F1
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 09:50 PM   #52
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
hmmm, you're only behind Ferrari and Mclaren, so i dont think thats bad at all lol. and isn't Mclaren basically BMW also? or are they not using the F1
Dunno. Wouldn't think so. Here are some interviews before the race. Maybe fourth was a little disappointing after qualifying third.

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,189...992324,00.html
Sat: Ferrari, McLaren, BMW

Saturday 17th March 2007

Kimi Raikkonen claimed pole for the Australian GP ahead of the McLaren and BMW drivers...

Ferrari
Kimi Raikkonen: A great qualifying, but a shame for Felipe who was not able to get the sort of result he should have done. I think our car is more competitive in race trim than over a single lap.

"Usually here the race can be full of incidents so it's impossible to know what could happen. If all goes the way it should, then we have a good chance, but it will be important to pick up as many points as possible. Tonight? I will sleep well, as always.

"Am I worried about Felipe's gearbox problem? You can never be a hundred percent sure, but I am certain the team will do everything it can to make sure that I have a car in the best possible shape."

Felipe Massa: What happened in qualifying with the gearbox was a shame, given the good car we had and the strong performance yesterday and today. So, we have to hope that this is the first and last time it happens this season. Tomorrow, my main aim will be to bring the car to the finish, trying to move up the order as much as possible.

"I am still confident because I know we have a car that is very good in terms of race pace. Of course it will be difficult to finish in the top places, but I will give it my best to at least try and finish in the points, going for every opportunity that comes my way."

McLaren
Fernando Alonso: A great way to start the season for the team and I. We have worked so hard over the winter to get to where we are today and I would like to thank everybody for their efforts. There is still a slight gap to Ferrari but the improvements that have been made since the Bahrain test are fantastic. The car feels good. We made some changes this morning and worked on the set-up to prepare for qualifying and it seems to have worked out well. I'm also pleased that Lewis is right up there with me which put us both in the best position to score points for ourselves and the team. I can't wait for the race."

Lewis Hamilton: I'm overwhelmed to be on the second row for my first Grand Prix. A huge thank you to the team who have worked so hard both here at the track and back at base. This weekend is what I have been preparing myself for during the past 13 years and I'm enjoying every moment. I think we are in with a good chance in the race. Basically I want to get a good start and then work hard to score as many points for the team and myself. I'm not going to make any predictions because anything can happen but so far so good."

BMW
Nick Heidfeld: "It is very clearly a fantastic result for us to be third. I was sure we would make it into the top ten but more P5 or something like that. We had a good winter season, but you never know until you get to the first race.

"As regards reliability I am happier now after speaking to some people in the team, who explained to me what they had done to make everything work. On top of that we did a race simulation in Bahrain which worked fine.

"The car was not perfect today. In Q2 I was happy but with some fuel on board it was not that easy. From my view Ferrari is still ahead. We will only see tomorrow in the race how things are really going, however, so far I am really pleased."

Robert Kubica: Performance wise I think we are where we thought we would be, and this is very good news. Also qualifying in general was good. In Q2 I had a very fast first run, but on the second lap I had traffic so couldn't improve. In the end this does not make any difference to the result. In Q3 I missed my final chance of another lap by just one second. But that's racing. You have to take the risk, some time you win, some time you loose."
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #53
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Here are some post race interviews:
http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1...al_082400.html

FORMULA ONE NEWS

Alonso and Hamilton enjoyed a great start.
REACTION - FERRARI/McLAREN/BMW

Click here for updated standings
Click here for full race result
Click here for lap-by-lap rundown
Click here for grid positions
Click here for more reaction from Melbourne
Click here for full coverage on Planet-F1

Ferrari
Kimi Raikkonen:

It has been very good. Today the race was not that easy, just before my start my radio broke and I didn't have radio for the race so it was complicated, but we had a plan what we wanted to do so we knew what to do, in some places it wasn't an ideal situation. It was a good race and didn't need to push too and just see what the others were doing. It is good to have first race and win straight away. The team did everything and this year is an ideal way to start the season. The car is very strong, the atmosphere is good and the people are making my life and easy. It is the perfect way and hopefully we can keep it up.

Felipe Massa:
On the one hand I'm absolutely not happy because of yesterday, but on the other hand I'm happy because we did a good race, we couldn't do more than this, with the traffic and so many cars to overtake, where I lost a lot of time. To finish sixth is a good result. I believe I could challenge Fisichella for fifth place, but Renault's top speed is high, so it was difficult to get close to try something. I wasn't close enough to overtake him. I think we are in a good position for the first three races," he said. "We have a very good basis, and we must sort out all the gremlins we had this weekend in order not to have them next time around, but I'm satisfied.
McLaren
Fernando Alonso: What a great way to start the season and my career as a Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver. Of course it's always better to win but Kimi was a little bit quicker than us today, however we scored the maximum points that were possible, and I'm really pleased. My start was a bit strange with both BMWs being very quick off the line, and I was so busy defending my line from Heidfeld on the outside that it was not possible for me to stay ahead of him. I was then behind Lewis for a while and was just focusing on keeping up with him and sometimes dropping back to allow the car to cool down. I took second after the second pitstop as I was able to stay out for an additional two laps. Originally it was meant to be one lap but because I was behind Lewis I managed to save enough fuel for one more lap. Both of the Bridgestone Potenza tyre options worked well. We will now continue to work hard to give us the best opportunity to beat Ferrari at the Malaysian Grand Prix.
Lewis Hamilton: I'm absolutely ecstatic - today's result is more than I ever dreamed of achieving on my Grand Prix debut. A big thank you to the team who have worked so hard during the winter to make sure I was as prepared as I possible could be. I made a good start but the BMWs were quick off the line and Kubica managed to get past. There was no room on the inside so I got on the left and managed to outbrake both Kubica and Fernando coming into the first corner to take third. The race was intense, and I was working very hard. I made a few mistakes but nothing major and really enjoyed myself. It was great to lead the race for a few laps, but I knew it was only a temporary thing. Fernando got past me at the second pitstop as he was able to stay out a bit longer and I lost some time behind backmarkers. We now have a lot of work ahead of us with the Malaysia test and the rest of the season, but there is no doubt that we can build from what has been achieved today.
BMW
Nick Heidfeld: I had a very good start, which was an even better one than Kimi and managed to pass Fernando. Of course I hoped to stay in front of him, but realistically I knew the McLarens were quicker than us. Thinking about how happy we are, you should not forget where we came from as we started last season eighth in the constructors' championship. Our pace is really good and fourth is a super start to the season. I feel very sorry for the team with Robert's retirement, as he was also very strong. My tyre strategy to take the softer ones first was riskier. I knew after the first stop there was the danger of getting stuck in traffic, and this is what happened, but I took the risk anyway. The race was a lot of fun, but in the final laps I was a bit lonely. Mechanically my car was perfect."
Robert Kubica: My pace was good but unfortunately we had a gearbox problem. I was stuck in fifth gear and that was the end of my race. The only good thing is we know what the problem is and we now have to resolve it. In the race I was much heavier than Nick and was able to match his speed. My strategy was to attack towards the end of the race. My last stint was going to be very short, so I would have had an even better performance then, but unfortunately I didn't get that far."
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 01:48 AM   #54
Zeiss
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bicycle

Depressing for others, Happiness for some

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:04 AM   #55
///Matt
United States Marine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
mmmm. munchies AND a trip.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:17 AM   #56
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

since we're talkin motorsports, is anyone a WRC follower?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 02:21 AM   #57
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
hmm so wait.. im guessing this thread is just a bunch of random things that come to mind..?
      03-26-2007, 03:02 AM   #58
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
I've just eaten breakfast.
      03-26-2007, 04:30 AM   #59
325ie90
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
Mclaren Mercedes
      03-26-2007, 04:52 AM   #60
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
I've just eaten breakfast.
no kidding, i just ate dinner
      03-26-2007, 06:44 AM   #61
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
My mom says I'm cool
      03-26-2007, 08:29 AM   #62
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkshaw View Post
My mom says I'm cool
You are cool.
      03-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #63
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

How cool?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 09:41 AM   #64
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Monday mornings suck.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #65
remmib
General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport

You have a long way to go to be the longest thread ever, this is maybe the longest thread here on e90post, 285 page:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...10831&page=285

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #66
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
You have a long way to go to be the longest thread ever, this is maybe the longest thread here on e90post, 285 page:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...10831&page=285
It's doable. The forum with 14,000 pages in their "The Longest Thread Ever..." only has 3500 members. There are over 13,000 on e90post.com. They started their longest thread in 2003. E90post is still young.

So, post some random thoughts!

Last edited by scottwww; 03-26-2007 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0