BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > OMG road rage karma

02-07-2022, 01:37 PM   #287
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
So I don't know if she hit him with her vehicle (I assume so, since vehicular manslaughter), but hypothetically then, what is wrong with just following the other vehicle that is trying to get away?

If he hits more people, that can't be your fault right? I don't know, if I were in her situation, I'd be tempted to follow him too, because I don't think he'd ever be brought to justice otherwise. But I wouldn't use my vehicle to hit him or something, which I'm assuming she did and that's why she is being charged?
I didn't read it thoroughly, but apparently/I'm assuming she already got his description/vehicle make/licence, so what's the point? I can see following him too but once he started driving erratically (apparently he was going over 100 mph!), that's when to call it quits and leave it to the pros.

Yet another example of 2 insane ppl going at it.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 01:38 PM   #288
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
The Accord driver should've watched that video.
So I don't know if she hit him with her vehicle (I assume so, since vehicular manslaughter), but hypothetically then, what is wrong with just following the other vehicle that is trying to get away?

If he hits more people, that can't be your fault right? I don't know, if I were in her situation, I'd be tempted to follow him too, because I don't think he'd ever be brought to justice otherwise. But I wouldn't use my vehicle to hit him or something, which I'm assuming she did and that's why she is being charged?
There's nothing in the written law that prohibits you from following. People do it all of the time in order to keep obs on the suspect and provide critical information to law enforcement so we can apprehend. Closing the distance and engaging is discouraged however.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2022, 01:41 PM   #289
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
So Sedan_Clan if I use the bathroom excuse, and then piss myself, you going to add urinating/defecating in public? I had to avoid several officers (NOT speeding) somewhere in the IE because I had to go SO bad. None of the stores were open (thanks, COVID) and I was wanting to make some inappropriate lane changes, but there were patrol vehicles covering all the corners.

I ended up pulling into a condo complex, pissed my shorts all over the wife's 325, but managed to get most of it into a cup standing by the car. Then drove on to another neighborhood, again saw patrol vehicle, and then found that the next morning was trash day in that neighborhood. I emptied the cup in a storm drain and tossed it in a trash can.

Drove a few more miles, found a dark corner in a medical plaza, and changed my shorts.

On the Good Samaritan front, if the Accord had struck another vehicle, that would have been the one I checked before coming to aid the Accord.
If you used the bathroom in your car under those circumstances, that wouldn't be considered public.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 01:44 PM   #290
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
If you used the bathroom in your car under those circumstances, that wouldn't be considered public.
I don't have limo tint on anything, you can look in the window and see

so long as you have binocs
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      02-07-2022, 01:44 PM   #291
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Ahh yes, I looked it up, found the spelling of her name. Yeah, she hit him multiple times with her vehicle and was driving recklessly. I can see it now.

Though I would still be speeding in all likelihood if it were me, unless I had my kids in the car.

One of my clients wrote off his truck because a prius or some crap like that rear ended him and snapped the rear axle on the truck (it was an old truck btw which is why it got written off). But the prius reversed and drove off and got away. And the cops weren't too interested in chasing this down of course.

Eventually he put out an appeal on Facebook and some tow truck driver had witnessed it and got in touch with him and gave him the plate info. So the police show up at this guys house, see the Prius parked there, obvious damage consistent with the story, and knock on the guys door. He doesn't answer.

So the cops leave to go get a warrant or whatever, by the time they are back, the Prius is gone. Never to be found again. Doubt that guy will ever face charges either which just makes me mad.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      02-07-2022, 01:55 PM   #292
Ripx
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdnb View Post
Are you kidding me!?! You post a video of the truck doing this and still don't want to blame the truck driver at all!?! Why is the truck hitting the brakes when no one in front of him. That's brake checking and 100% if you showed this to Police that truck driver would be charged with wreckless driving as well as the Accord. If you ask me the truck driver is more at fault for simply being an asshole in the left lane.
agree
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 02:03 PM   #293
shiftdnb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F31 328dx

Garage List
Quote:
Ahh yes, I looked it up, found the spelling of her name. Yeah, she hit him multiple times with her vehicle and was driving recklessly. I can see it now.

Though I would still be speeding in all likelihood if it were me, unless I had my kids in the car.

One of my clients wrote off his truck because a prius or some crap like that rear ended him and snapped the rear axle on the truck (it was an old truck btw which is why it got written off). But the prius reversed and drove off and got away. And the cops weren't too interested in chasing this down of course.

Eventually he put out an appeal on Facebook and some tow truck driver had witnessed it and got in touch with him and gave him the plate info. So the police show up at this guys house, see the Prius parked there, obvious damage consistent with the story, and knock on the guys door. He doesn't answer.

So the cops leave to go get a warrant or whatever, by the time they are back, the Prius is gone. Never to be found again. Doubt that guy will ever face charges either which just makes me mad.
That is just lazy police work.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 02:22 PM   #294
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I don't have limo tint on anything, you can look in the window and see

[COLOR="White"]so long as you have binocs[/COLOR]
I see what you did there in white.

P.S. There's nothing against the law about pissing or shitting yourself. The law requires that you expose your genitalia with other people around before it becomes an indecent exposure (…314 P.C.) issue. You also wouldn't get the 640 P.C. charge either.

Quote:
That's assault with a deadly weapon; a felony.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 02:41 PM   #295
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I don't know what it is with some people. I know a coworker/friend that is so mild mannered. Really nice guy. But certain things would set him off. One day he told us he had scraped his pickup against one of the concrete support columns in the parking garage at work. Later we all go out to look at his truck. He didn't only just cause a scrape. The damage was almost from the front of the truck to the tailgate. We asked what the heck happened. He replied that when he realized he had hit the column, he got pissed and just stomped on the gas pedal.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      02-11-2022, 09:58 PM   #296
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Yet another couple of idiots. Karma again.

https://fb.watch/b6WjZVGcat/
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 11:05 PM   #297
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
That state trooper got the right car.
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17315.00
      02-12-2022, 09:43 AM   #298
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
That state trooper got the right car.
Well.....

Kidding, kidding
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2022, 11:54 AM   #299
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Well.....

Kidding, kidding
Haha, I'm not touching that either. According to this new carcam dude, they both were cutting each other off, etc, but the video only shows the van doing all/most of the crazy, dangerous stuff, so who knows for sure. Definitely looks bad for the van just based on the footage.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      02-12-2022, 09:04 PM   #300
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Van just wanted her phone number :
      02-13-2022, 05:58 AM   #301
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

''Man's got to know his limitations''
Appreciate 1
Esteban43781.00
      02-13-2022, 10:46 AM   #302
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
''Man's got to know his limitations''
Mr. Eastwood as Dirty Harry.

Appreciate 1
M5Rick60090.50
      02-13-2022, 11:08 AM   #303
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Quote:
Van just wanted her phone number :
we had something like this. two guys on bikes see a hot chick so they go on both sides of her and knock on her window (while on the freeway doing 60+). Scares the shit out of her and she ends up hitting the one on her side.

His buddy was so upset when I went to the hospital and dropped on ticket on the guy while he was waiting for xrays. He was even more upset when I gave him his.
Appreciate 0