BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > Car finally on order!

10-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
stik100
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series 120d M Sport

Car finally on order!

I finally have my 120d M Sport on order after much faffing about!

Apologies for the long post!

I had decided that my next car should be a 1 series 120d M Sport, my ideal spec was Automatic, Estoril Blue, Black leather, Heated seats, Driver Comfort pack with front and rear PDC, Professional media pack, Sun protection pack, Xenon lights and Folding mirrors.

I tried and I tried to find a deal within budget but alas no one could get close. Luckily it was approaching the end of Q3 so on the Saturday before I decided to find a deal! Or a dealer that was willing to do a silly deal to meet targets. And that I did! Cotswold Gloucester BMW...I did a deal over the phone on Sat 28th Sept on a stock car at another dealership and paid a deposit, alright it wasn't the perfect spec (everything less heated seats and folding mirrors) but I could live without. The deal was amazing (told that they were making a "loss" on the car, 14% discount apparently) and was told they had a hold on the car and that everything will have to go through on Mon 30th Sept to make sure the sale is within the month. On the strength of this I put my car onto AutoTrader thinking right need to get mine sold within 2 weeks!

However everything started to go sour on the Sunday when I was told they had "problems" with their ordering system...Monday, I scanned and emailed them bank statements and driving licence. Expecting to hear back within an hour or so with documents that needed signing etc...got to the end of the day and nothing! So I chased and left a message, still nothing!

Tuesday morning I had a call to say that the dealer that had the car wouldn't give it to them and that my funding "hadn't been approved", despite the fact that I have a squeaky clean credit profile etc...Also I was told not to worry as even if they couldn't get the car then they'd order me one and that the finance wasn't an issue as his Business Manager was comfortable with it and could sort it. Tuesday afternoon, another call...We can't get the car and we can't get you finance... I told them I shouldn't have any issue with funding and that they need to source me a car like they said they would.

Wednesday nothing all day until 5pm after I chased them all day..."Yeah we can't sell you a car because you can't get funding"...I told him that it sounded like a total cop out, as what benefit is it to them of selling a car at a loss after month end. Anyway, they agreed to refund my deposit and my search began again!

So on Thursday, I printed out a list of dealers and called them all with the same brief, my ideal spec and told them they deal I was after. None could get close because Cotswold Gloucester BMW were obviously making a loss to meet targets/made a mistake hence why they pulled out of the deal the way they did. In the end I had forego the leather and heated seats in order to get anywhere near my budget!

On Friday after much haggling/pestering with a couple of dealers, my local dealer here in Bristol came up trumps and did me a smashing deal at 11% off Also, also! My funding was approved without issue, which just goes to show what lies I was told my Cotswold Gloucester BMW, whom I have written a nice complaint email to their DP, who hasn't even responded after two days...

Anyway! My estimated delivery date is 15th November, I'm hoping its earlier as I cannot wait!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
westphone
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: M135i MT

BMW customer service performance is really in a league of its own. In my experience they do not like to act with customers first complain. They like it when things are becoming very unpleasant and getting out of hand. I myself have ridiculous experiences to fill the page.

Congratulation on the 120D, it is a very very nice car with torque coming surprisingly early. I got a speeding ticket test driving it, my first in three years. I hope you will be happy with your car.
Appreciate 0