BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > On my ED trip with M4, Alarm issue. Any help appreciated

06-18-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
Rotate
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M4 6SPD, 2014 Viper

On my ED trip with M4, Alarm issue. Any help appreciated

The writeup will come in a few weeks, but I'm ecstatic to say I picked up my M4 from Munich on the 16th (AY/SS, 6speed), and everything has been awesome...but:

Starting on the second day with the car, every time we unlock the door and open it, the piercing alarm comes on.

So... Lock the car as normal with key fob (this is a non exec pack car so no comfort access), the car makes the alarm "beep" and the lights flash and walk away. Return to car later, hit unlock on key fob, interior/exterior lights come on, doors unlock. Open door, and boom piercing alarm.

I think the rogue alarm could have something to do with the motion sensor as there was once occurrence where I gingerly opened the door without issue only to move a little towards the car and get the alarm. To test this theory, I hit lock three times earlier today, which I believe disables the motion sensor, then I unlocked the car and didn't get an alarm.

The newest thing, however, is that the car no longer makes any noise when I lock it, no light flash, and the red light under the mirror continually flashes when driving, which is incredibly annoying, especially at night. It did this for hours on end today, after multiple periods of turning the car on and off/waiting/restarting/holding the key near the wheel column in that spot and following the key recognition procedure/and anything else I could think of.

When I went into the vehicle preferences to check on them, the options for lights flashing when unlocking and the unlocking chime were greyed out and thus can't be selected/deselected.

I went to the dealer today in Budapest, who basically couldn't be bothered and suggested I schedule a service appointment in two weeks and essentially pointed me towards the door.

Short of wrapping the god forsaken alarm light in electrical tape so I don't rip it off in a fit of rage during it's non stop flashing, does anyone have any suggestions or know what the hell is going on?

Any help is very much appreciated. I've planned an epic journey, and I have the car here until July 9th, so I'd love to find a way to rectify this.

Much thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0