BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > 2012 BMW 1-Series Sporthatch (F20) Discussion > my F20 M135i landed!

11-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #23
actuarius
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM635
Quote:
Originally Posted by actuarius
Unfortunately I didn't order the adaptive dampers. The option wasn't available on the spec sheet, and when I asked the sales person about it, he said you don't need it as it's more for people who wants to go racing. Now thinking back to what he said, I think he just gave me the standard sales person bullshit - he probably didn't know and didn't care, and just wanted me to buy the car.

The difference between my M135i and E90 is quite noticeable - and the E90 was known for a bumpy ride given that it had the old style runflat tires!

It is partly my fault for not pushing the sales guy and try to find out more. But as I have found out time and again, there is not such thing as sales service here in Hong Kong.

By the way, how much was the AD option?
The AD option was $10,000 + tax, quite reasonable, IMO. The option was on a separate option list, not readily handed out, I had to ask specifically for it.
Well you're smarter than me. I wish I had done that (or that the sales person is not so incompetent). But it's only been two days, and maybe I'll get used to it.

I'm telling myself that this rides a lot better than the Lotus Elise I had some years back......
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 03:04 AM   #24
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldt View Post
anyway dont listen to sales person again, they always say you dont need to break in because they dont provide break in oil change, thats all
if you are planning to keep the car, spend a week or two to break it in, just dont push it thats all
then spent the money to get the proper oil change to some nice oil, you will appreciate your own effort afterward
I would rather trust the owner's manual that came wth the car, than a sales person. I ran the car in according to the book.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 03:38 AM   #25
madvlam
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray M135i

May I asked when did u guys place the order? I did mine early oct and is waiting desperately for the sales to come back with a production date!

Once again congrats...
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 05:11 AM   #26
Davidson
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM635 View Post
The AD option was $10,000 + tax, quite reasonable, IMO. The option was on a separate option list, not readily handed out, I had to ask specifically for it.
Hi, really? I didn't know they had a separate option list. I wasn't even given anything on it. What else did it had on the list I wonder? I could of top up with some more goodies on it.

THanks
D
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 05:13 AM   #27
Davidson
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by madvlam View Post
May I asked when did u guys place the order? I did mine early oct and is waiting desperately for the sales to come back with a production date!

Once again congrats...
madvlam, I place order late July...and was told delay, but guess production picked up.

D
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #28
dchao
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
Hi, really? I didn't know they had a separate option list. I wasn't even given anything on it. What else did it had on the list I wonder? I could of top up with some more goodies on it.
Maybe your car has been spec'ed up by the dealership already. In some countries, dealerships have to do that because they expect people to walk away if the lead time is 6 month or longer.

But with every BMW, you can always build it to your own specs, but do you want the wait?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #29
madvlam
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Mineral Gray M135i

oh i started to envy you guys! production status of mine is still unknown...
btw, just a few questions about the spec (some minor stuffs not covered by the spec sheet):

1. Tyres - in Hong Kong do we got Michelin Pilot Super Sport Non-RFT?
2. Tail pipes are black chrome aren't they?
3. A/C should be automatic with rear air vent correct?
4. Why do we need Y-cable? I thought ours come with extended BlueTooth that supports normal 30-pin cable to connect to iPod/iPhone directly.
5. Confirmed we have no "Sport Display" (the one showing power and torque)?
6. Auto Start/Stop still activate everytime the car started?

Thanks alot,
Vincent.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 04:36 PM   #30
curly
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
If you go racing, you probably don't want the adjustable dampers. Once you disable the DSC system on the track, the car goes into Comfort Mode. And you want the dampers and steering to be consistent and predictable, not change with time and situation.
Do you have the adjustable dampers on your car?i find it hard to believe that if up turn off the traction control the dampers go to soft,this doesn't add up!
Thought hard would be more suitable on track.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #31
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
Do you have the adjustable dampers on your car?i find it hard to believe that if up turn off the traction control the dampers go to soft,this doesn't add up!
Thought hard would be more suitable on track.
No, I deliberately chose non adaptive suspension and steering. In my car, only the throttle mapping changes with the drive modes. Sport mode would definitely be more suitable on the track, and I can have it with Traction Mode in Sport+ Mode. If I hold the DSC button to disable it completely, the car does however select the Comfort mapping! I have seen on that F30 forum that it is the same with the 3 series.

I would have liked to have a software upgrade from BMW to change this. When running without stability control, Sport mapping makes a lot more sense than Comfort mapping.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #32
WeekendDriver
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i Cayman gts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madvlam
oh i started to envy you guys! production status of mine is still unknown...
btw, just a few questions about the spec (some minor stuffs not covered by the spec sheet):

1. Tyres - in Hong Kong do we got Michelin Pilot Super Sport Non-RFT?
2. Tail pipes are black chrome aren't they?
3. A/C should be automatic with rear air vent correct?
4. Why do we need Y-cable? I thought ours come with extended BlueTooth that supports normal 30-pin cable to connect to iPod/iPhone directly.
5. Confirmed we have no "Sport Display" (the one showing power and torque)?
6. Auto Start/Stop still activate everytime the car started?

Thanks alot,
Vincent.
May I add one more question. Are the rear side windows tinted?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #33
donaldt
Private
Rep

I ordered mine on late September, I was able to pick up one that was originally ordered, but backed out to an 328i
so I ended up with one from the very first shipment but no option

Quote:
Originally Posted by madvlam View Post

Once again congrats...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #34
donaldt
Private
Rep

Tyres are Pilot Super Sport and they stick like glue
questions 2-6 -> all yes
rear window tinted? -> I think all windows are tinted very slightly with the obvious exception of the windshield, but I am looking to tint them anyway
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #35
cpdp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #36
SOROS
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 118i Sport

Congrats! Could you show us some photos?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #37
BM635
Private
Rep
Drives: E24 635CSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidson
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM635 View Post

THanks
D
The list varies from series to series, from navigation to rear seat screens, shadow line trim to bigger wheels. I forgot where I put the list, there were only a few items for the 1 series. It's not really an officially list, it was a blurry faxed sheet, so maybe for internal circulation.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #38
HasanK
Private First Class
Rep

I've got an options list given to me by the dealer, I don't know if this is accurate, but worth the share.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 135M OPTIONS.pdf (39.7 KB, 481 views)

Last edited by HasanK; 11-13-2012 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Added the options list
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #39
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i MT

Come on, where are the pics ?
Appreciate 0